Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Toughest fight for me was either cleric Beast, shadows of Yarnham or Mergo.

I came unstuck in the chalice dungeons when I got to the undead giant. That's some hp he has and I don't seem to have the stats to parry him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I just lost 20 thousand echoes on a Blood Starved Beast in old Yharnam! The horror. :(

Times like these really test my will to push on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Moonlight Greatsword :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Epic Name Bro has co-authored a nice looking guide fore the DLC from Futurepress. Being release in December.

I only see it in Amazon UK with a nice hefty price for delivery (HB).

Anyone know of a local online supplier for this from past experience to save on shipping?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloodborne-Old-Hunters-Collectors-Guide/dp/3869930721/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1447146591&sr=8-4&keywords=bloodborne+collector%27s+edition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

sticker wrote: »
    Epic Name Bro has co-authored a nice looking guide fore the DLC from Futurepress. Being release in December.

I only see it in Amazon UK with a nice hefty price for delivery (HB).

Anyone know of a local online supplier for this from past experience to save on shipping?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloodborne-Old-Hunters-Collectors-Guide/dp/3869930721/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1447146591&sr=8-4&keywords=bloodborne+collector%27s+edition

I got the Futurepress guide for the main game and it was invaluable for the Chalice dungeons run. Not sure if I'll pick this up though. Might play through the DLC first before I decide.
    I got it through Amazon.co.uk though and used Parcel Motel to save on shipping.

I got the Futurepress guide for the main game and it was invaluable for the Chalice dungeons run. Not sure if I'll pick this up though. Might play through the DLC first before I decide.
    I got it through Amazon.co.uk though and used Parcel Motel to save on shipping.

Thanks. Havent heard of Parcel Motel - how does it work?

sticker wrote: »
    Thanks. Havent heard of Parcel Motel - how does it work?

Very simple. Check out http://www.parcelmotel.com/collect/

You can then get free delivery on a lot of items in Amazon. Just need to pay the Parcel Motel charge.

Very simple. Check out http://www.parcelmotel.com/collect/

You can then get free delivery on a lot of items in Amazon. Just need to pay the Parcel Motel charge.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So popped this back in last night to refresh myself for the coming DLC. Im level 125 and about half way through my second run.

I think I'd like to try and Platinum.
    Any tips for this?

Also I never really attempted the dungeons and am not really sure how they work. I cleared the first one but I don't think I have the right materials to access to second one.
    Are these only available through playing the game or can they be bought?

• Advertisement

weiland79 wrote: »
    Also I never really attempted the dungeons and am not really sure how they work. I cleared the first one but I don't think I have the right materials to access to second one.
    Are these only available through playing the game or can they be bought?

I got up to the second last required boss in the Dungeons before I came to a stop. So so close in getting the platinum. Will try again while doign the DLC I think.
    Have a read of this to give you a heads up on the process:
    http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Chalice+Dungeon

You should get the next chalice for the next dungeon once you've finished the first dungeon.
    You just need 6 Ritual Blood (2)'s from the first dungeon which should not be too hard to get. Make sure you've pillaged all chests in there.

Also, You can ignore the Root chalices if you only want to get the Platinum.

I'm going to set up a Bloodborne group on PSN. If anyone wants to join send me a friend request with a comment and I'll add you. My tag is the same as here.
    For a little moral support and chat when the DLC hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I sometimes wonder if I play this game better on some days than on others, if that's even possible.

Is there a need to level up Bloodtinge and Arcane at all unless I plan on using different weapons? And on that note, should I be using different weapons further into the game? I have grown a fondness for my axe.

I've found that any weapon will do you till the end of the game. You can also increase the stats of each weapon buy adding blood gems.

Actually just remembered that i made an arse of the Eileen the crow quest line so that'll be another run through before i can platinum.

Kinda disheartening :mad:

Actually just remembered that i made an arse of the Eileen the crow quest line so that'll be another run through before i can platinum.

Kinda disheartening :mad:

I forgot to kill the mother brain thingy so had to play through most of NG+ just to get the Living String from it. Pain in the hoop!

You should get the next chalice for the next dungeon once you've finished the first dungeon.
    You just need 6 Ritual Blood (2)'s from the first dungeon which should not be too hard to get. Make sure you've pillaged all chests in there.

I Seem to have only 1 Ritual Blood so I've clearly done something wrong. Should I just go back and do the first dungeon again and look for all chests?

I Seem to have only 1 Ritual Blood so I've clearly done something wrong. Should I just go back and do the first dungeon again and look for all chests?

Check the shop and see if they sell them.

Check the shop and see if they sell them.
    Yup just bought loads

Not sure what I'm doing wrong with the dungeons, but I've gotten as far as the the fourth altar but don't seem to able to access it. The only options I'm being given is to repeat the ones I've done already. When I scroll across to Loran Chalice there is nothing to select in the box bellow.
    I've just wasted some items creating Hintertomb dungeon again.

• Advertisement

Not sure what I'm doing wrong with the dungeons, but I've gotten as far as the the fourth altar but don't seem to able to access it. The only options I'm being given is to repeat the ones I've done already. When I scroll across to Loran Chalice there is nothing to select in the box bellow.
    I've just wasted some items creating Hintertomb dungeon again.

What dungeons have you completed?

From the Trophy guide:

Yharnam, Blood Queen of the Old Labyrinth is the layer three boss of the fifth Pthumeru chalice dungeon. In theory, this means that you "only" have to complete five chalice dungeons, for a total of sixteen layers (and sixteen bosses!) to earn this trophy. In practice, however, you will have to re-play some of the dungeons multiple times in order to farm the items that are needed to create the higher-level chalice dungeons. The chalices that you absolutely have to use to create the dungeons are (in order):

- Pthumeru Chalice (3 layers)
    - Central Pthumeru Chalice (3 layers)
    - Lower Pthumeru Chalice (4 layers)
    - Ailing Loren Chalice (you need to find two "Bastard or Loran" items, needed to create the next dungeon - you could find these as early as the first layer, or much later, but play at least until you find the Beast Claw weapon in Layer 2)
    - Defiled Chalice (3 layers - you have half HP throughout this dungeon, which makes the bosses *brutal*)
    - Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice (3 layers, Yharnam, Blood Queen of the Old Labyrinth is at the bottom)

Note that you do not have to use any "Root" chalices that you find. Some of the rare items that you will need to create the later chalice dungeons are:

Don't make it difficult to figure out do they? :D

Don't make it difficult to figure out do they? :D

Ya, i was a bit lost starting out. The first few dungeons bored me to tears. Gets interesting soon though, some great bosses coming up!

Ya, i was a bit lost starting out. The first few dungeons bored me to tears. Gets interesting soon though, some great bosses coming up!

Thought it was just me, but yeah they all got a bit samey and now have to play through them again :(

Sorry but still a little confused, do I just go through all the dundeons I;ve completed killing enemies until they drop the items i need?

What items are you missing for the next dungeon?
    I'm assuming you have the next chalice?

After a check of my inventory it would seem that i don't have the next chalice.

I have.

Pthumeru chalice
    Pthumeru root chalice
    Central Pthumeru chalice
    Central root
    Lower Pthumeru
    Hintertomb
    and Hintertomb root.

I'm assuming this is detrimental to my progress :eek:

After a check of my inventory it would seem that i don't have the next chalice.

I have.

Pthumeru chalice
    Pthumeru root chalice
    Central Pthumeru chalice
    Central root
    Lower Pthumeru
    Hintertomb
    and Hintertomb root.

I'm assuming this is detrimental to my progress :eek:

Depends on what dungeon you want to create next.

If you want the Defiled Chalice, you need to beat the Bloodletting Beast in the Lower Pthumeru Chalice.

If you've not got the Lower Pthumeru Chalice, you'll need to beat Pthumerian Descendant in Central Pthumeru Chalice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

http://m.zavvi.com/games-ps4/bloodborne-game-of-the-year-edition/11195403.html

Good Jesus that's expensive!!

I'm definitely buying this now the goty edition is coming but I am not paying €79 for it.

Hopefully Argos will sell it at a decent price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

http://m.zavvi.com/games-ps4/bloodborne-game-of-the-year-edition/11195403.html

Good Jesus that's expensive!!

I'm definitely buying this now the goty edition is coming but I am not paying €79 for it.

Hopefully Argos will sell it at a decent price.

Hoping Argos will have it for a good price too, was going to get Bloodborne but when I heard a goty edition was incoming I decided to wait. Wasn't Bloodborne just out earlier this year though? Seems kinda early to me to release a goty edition.

Advertisement