Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So yeah Blood letting Beast. F off you Btard!!!

Is there somewhere I can check to see how many hours ive put into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

weiland79 wrote: »
    Is there somewhere I can check to see how many hours ive put into this?

If you go to load screen it should show how many hours you put into each character

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

So yeah Blood letting Beast. F off you Btard!!!
    He's the only boss in the game I couldn't kill on my first play through by myself. I only managed to kill him solo in NG+ when I had a +10 sword and was ~level 120.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Wait, Goty? What dlc it had? I finished game and never heard of any dlc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ha ha, stolen from NeoGaf:

1 week till the Old Hunters is out

XismVUX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Wait, Goty? What dlc it had? I finished game and never heard of any dlc.

Afaik they're releasing dlc around the same time if not on the same day as the goty edition (which will include the dlc)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Just started this, and having never played dark souls, this is quite intense, dying alot and at the edge of my seat.. I'm only in the parts after central yarnham lamp (literally the start) and i died quite a bit here, getting overwhelmed by mobs can happen quite quickly.. Need to get out of the invincible button mashing mind set (just came out of playing AC: syndicate.. bad idea)

Came across a big fat guy with an axe and he is tough, killed me twice, ill go back to him later.. or is he just a mob that takes ages to kill and frequent?

anyway, loving it :D

EDIT: Hating it lol

nix wrote: »
    Came across a big fat guy with an axe and he is tough, killed me twice, ill go back to him later.. or is he just a mob that takes ages to kill and frequent?

Ha ha, enjoy. The fat lad is there to help you get used to fighting the larger more powerful enemies. You can take him down but it requires good dodging. He's useful to practice on as he's so close to the lamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Amazon now have Bloodborne goty edition up.

£49 on the UK site
    €69 on the fr or de sites
    €75 on GameStop

No sign on Argos or Smyths just yet.

Might be worth waiting to see if Argos in particular stock it and what it comes in at price wise as they tend to be the lowest recently.

That said they're selling the vanilla version for €64 currently so hard to know what they'll put this up at.

Really looking forward to getting my grubby little paws on it now though.

• Advertisement

I was a bit confused about the game last night, i thought id be progressing through a path but all paths seem to lead back to one another... I keep getting alot of shards and then dying foolishly and then rush back to try get shards back and then make a stupid mistake and die again losing all shards completely or souls or whatever they're called...

Is it the norm to farm the shards off easy mobs, buy all upgrades before venturing off into the unknown?

Went up against
    the hunter boss
    a few times last night and although getting him low, his damage gets insane and he usually kills me towards the end easily.. Should i skip him for awhile and go elsewhere for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Father Gas is it? You need to beat him to progress. It becomes more linear after that I found (though still ambiguous)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=186152414

A new patch fit Bloodborne is out with the dlc included I imagine. It's 7gb.

Also another covenant to mess around with.

Edit : actually it's 9gb

tok9 wrote: »
    http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=186152414

A new patch fit Bloodborne is out with the dlc included I imagine. It's 7gb.

Also another covenant to mess around with.

Oh nice, will be able to summon NPC co-op partners in the Chalice dungeons! I really need help with the Pthumerian Descendant!

Oh nice, will be able to summon NPC co-op partners in the Chalice dungeons! I really need help with the Pthumerian Descendant!

Why don't you just summon in other players?

Why don't you just summon in other players?

Tried it a few times. Had the dungeon open and available, rang the bell and waited over an hour and no one joined.

Got passed the third boss on second go, nearly had him killed the first time and then suddenly dropped dead just as i was about to kill him, had no idea he was doing poison damage :eek:

Can someone explain the bell to me? i havent tried using it yet, can it only be used in chalice dungeons? other online players join? what if you dont play online?

Tried it a few times. Had the dungeon open and available, rang the bell and waited over an hour and no one joined.

Do a search of communities on the ps4 home screen. There's a bigish one for bloodborne. I forget what it's called off the top of my head but will check it this evening. There are nearly 4,000 members and if you post on the wall that you need a hand they'll be falling over themselves to help you out.

nix wrote: »
    Got passed the third boss on second go, nearly had him killed the first time and then suddenly dropped dead just as i was about to kill him, had no idea he was doing poison damage :eek:

Can someone explain the bell to me? i havent tried using it yet, can it only be used in chalice dungeons? other online players join? what if you dont play online?

You can use it in game. It's used to summon other players into your world to help you on parts you are having difficulties with. They must be within a certain soul range of you. Theres a calculator on the wiki, although I'm sure someone here knows off the top of their head what the range is.

What SL are you btw the way heebus ?

• Advertisement

What SL are you btw the way heebus ?

I'll need to check when I get home but it's between 120 and 130.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

So the Old hunter's is out on tuesday 24th? Where's the reviews!!

sweetie wrote: »

Not sure DLC is reviewed in the same way as the vanilla release.

I'll need to check when I get home but it's between 120 and 130.

I'm 125 throw me a friend request and we'll try a bit of co op.

I thought it was the 27th, happy days!

I'm 125 throw me a friend request and we'll try a bit of co op.

Perfect. Might not be on until Sunday evening but I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

They released more info today on that:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/11/20/how-to-access-bloodborne-the-old-hunters-expansion/
    Step 1

Defeat the boss of the Cathedral Ward and examine the altar in the back of the room to change the in-game time to night.

Step 2

Go to the Hunter’s Dream and receive the Eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter from a messenger.

Step 3

Go to the Oedon Chapel and leave via the left-hand exit to enter the square.

Step 4

Go to the right-hand end of the square to trigger an event. This event will take you to the new area: the Hunter’s Nightmare

Lighting the lamp in the new area will allow you to travel to and from the area via an Awakening Headstone in the Hunter’s Dream.

Old hunter bell now available by the chapel.

• Advertisement

I'm actually SL 147. Forgot that I piled loads of blood echoes into my VIT for the Defiled Chalice.

Tried the new patch there and got the new bell. Not sure how to use it though.

Co-op finally worked for me against the pthumerian descendant. Some randomer joined and we beat it first go! Cant believe that's done now, delighted.

Now just 2 levels left till the Platinum!

Advertisement