Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

That group is called bloodbornes finest if you're looking for help. I set up one called The irish bloodborne (catchy I know) I am currently the only member and feel like a bit of a sado :-?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

weiland79 wrote: »
    That group is called bloodbornes finest if you're looking for help. I set up one called The irish bloodborne (catchy I know) I am currently the only member and feel like a bit of a sado :-?

Is that one of them PS4 Communities? I'll search for them.

Just got the platinum there. Wrecked from it but the last two bosses were a lot easier.
    Have 3 days rest till the DLC drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Not long now lads! Was going to get the DLC to play tonight but apparently the new areas are "end game" difficulty and i have to start a brand new character since i have no saves :( Was trying to find out if any of the vanilla game has changed but couldn't search for long without running into smoilers. Anyone know?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah balls, thought I'd be grand just beating Amelia and the Witches of Hemwick which I ploughed through to over the weekend :(

Not long now lads! Was going to get the DLC to play tonight but apparently the new areas are "end game" difficulty and i have to start a brand new character since i have no saves :( Was trying to find out if any of the vanilla game has changed but couldn't search for long without running into smoilers. Anyone know?

Wonder why they allow you access it so early, if you're only gonna get your ar$e handed to you?
    My main save is near the end of NG+ (level 150) so that might be the best option for the DLC.
    My second save is in NG. Just after beating Amelia.

• Advertisement

Whats the problem with difficulty? I assume my 130 is enough to play the DLC with?

Reviews out from now:

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/11/23/bloodborne-the-old-hunters-review?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

EDIT: That IGN reviewer spent 15 hours playing it. That's great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I see the special edition is approx $50 / €35 on the canadian store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wonder why they allow you access it so early, if you're only gonna get your ar$e handed to you?

Being able to access difficult areas is kind of a trend in Souls' games so its not so surprising. But at the end of the day they are action games so its very possible to beat any area of the game without leveling up or upgrading weapons, you just have to be flawless at dodging and have the patience to whittle down enemy and boss health bars

• Advertisement

Played through the first section of the DLC and really enjoyed it.
    The main enemies were a breeze but the (slight)
    large amount of Hunters
    made it more of a challenge.

I'm around level 150 in NG+ but will try it later with my NG char (level 35).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Sorry for obvious question but how do I assist other players with bosses 2 gain vermin? Is is done near boss sites?

Also - how do I ask for help at a boss?

Thanks

sticker wrote: »
    Sorry for obvious question but how do I assist other players with bosses 2 gain vermin? Is is done near boss sites?

Also - how do I ask for help at a boss?

Thanks

You need to equip the Impurity Caryl rune given to you by the leader of the league in the Forbidden Woods.
    Then just hang around a boss spot (or chalice dungeon) and ring the "Small Resonant Bell".

Once you beat the boss with the host, you get a vermin. Use this vermin and it raises your rank within the league.

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Vermin

You need to equip the Impurity Caryl rune given to you by the leader of the league in the Forbidden Woods.
    Then just hang around a boss spot (or chalice dungeon) and ring the "Small Resonant Bell".

Once you beat the boss with the host, you get a vermin. Use this vermin and it raises your rank within the league.

Many thanks!

I pre booked the DLC but it does not seem to be on y system or even in download - anyone else have the DLC active?

I have the Impurity Caryl rune but if I go to the great bridge - where 1st boss is, the Small Resonant Bell is greyed out. Same in another boss spot - the great cathedral.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

I pre booked the DLC but it does not seem to be on y system or even in download - anyone else have the DLC active?

Check for an item in the Hunters Dream (close to where the Doll usually stands). You need this in your possession to be whisked away by the Amagdala outside Oedon Chapel.

I have the Impurity Caryl rune but if I go to the great bridge - where 1st boss is, the Small Resonant Bell is greyed out. Same in another boss spot - the great cathedral.

Any ideas?

I've seen that happen to me too outside the Great Cathedral but no idea why.
    I've had a lot of success with co-op in the Chalice Dungeons though.

I've seen that happen to me too outside the Great Cathedral but no idea why.
    I've had a lot of success with co-op in the Chalice Dungeons though.
    Sorry - it does work - outside grand cathedral. Chiming it but sitting here 5 minutes now.

Any 'hot spots' for this? - In Chalice Dungeons near Boss Gates did you suggest?

Sorry - it does work - outside grand cathedral. Chiming it but sitting here 5 minutes now.

Any 'hot spots' for this? - In Chalice Dungeons near Boss Gates did you suggest?

You can do it on any part of the Chalice Dungeon. I usually hang around the boss door on Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice dungeon. Last night I was only waiting a minute of two until I was summoned.

You can do it on any part of the Chalice Dungeon. I usually hang around the boss door on Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice dungeon. Last night I was only waiting a minute of two until I was summoned.

Thanks!

How powerful is the new patch whistle against the likes of Bosses?

• Advertisement

Thanks!

How powerful is the new patch whistle against the likes of Bosses?

I'm only Bloodtinge level 17. Need 1 more level before I can use it.

I'm ringing this bloody Small Resonant Bell in Chalice dungeons at grand cathedral and great bridge - not a sausage - and sitting there for 5 minutes at a time.

Am I doing something wrong?!

I'm ringing this bloody Small Resonant Bell in Chalice dungeons at grand cathedral and great bridge - not a sausage - and sitting there for 5 minutes at a time.

Am I doing something wrong?!

Anyone playing could be playing the DLC. Maybe try this evening when most people in Europe will be playing.

Anyone playing could be playing the DLC. Maybe try this evening when most people in Europe will be playing.

OK Thanks!

Anyone test the whistle on a boss - is it worth chasing?!

As a matter of interest does anybody know if I just killed buckethead to get a quick route to the guy with the whistle does it affect story or plot?

As a matter of interest does anybody know if I just killed buckethead to get a quick route to the guy with the whistle does it affect story or plot?

I wouldn't go the nuclear option just yet. There are random vermin drops in the DLC so you could get it that way.

I wouldn't go the nuclear option just yet. There are random vermin drops in the DLC so you could get it that way.

It's funny. Just after I posted that, I got 6 vermin from a few bosses.

I have 6 now so got the whistle. But buckethead still appears. When do I get his helm?

Am I better off starting a new character for this. I've heard the bosses are ridiculously hard when playing with a Ng character.

• Advertisement

It's funny. Just after I posted that, I got 6 vermin from a few bosses.

I have 6 now so got the whistle. But buckethead still appears. When do I get his helm?

Check your ranking in the League by using the league staff. You need to be rank 5 i think. The league rank does not get updated straight away from what i can tell. Took a while for my rank to increase after stomping on the vermin.

Advertisement