Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

weiland79 wrote: »
    Am I better off starting a new character for this. I've heard the bosses are ridiculously hard when playing with a Ng character.

It's fairly tough for me on NG+ dont think it will be easier for my NG char as I've a lack of blood vials and bullets.
    You need to be close to end game in NG if you want to enjoy it. Some of the enemies are wicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Started this again for the first time since launch with a new character. The framerate felt worse than what i remembered so i did abit of googling and apparently the games suffers from poor frame pacing. The game runs at 30FPS but with poor frame pacing it would feel like the game is stuttering. Also feels worse when i go through unexplored areas or areas where enemies are, as if the game is struggling to load in textures and assets. Other games like MGS, Dragon Age and Fallout are all fine. Watched some videos on youtube and it doesn't seem nearly as bad as what im experiencing.

Anyone else have the same problems? Or is this how the game has always been and i just didn't remember from 8 months ago? I was so close to buying a new HDD last night in the hope that it would fix it. I wanna play Bloodborne :(

Started this again for the first time since launch with a new character. The framerate felt worse than what i remembered so i did abit of googling and apparently the games suffers from poor frame pacing. The game runs at 30FPS but with poor frame pacing it would feel like the game is stuttering. Also feels worse when i go through unexplored areas or areas where enemies are, as if the game is struggling to load in textures and assets. Other games like MGS, Dragon Age and Fallout are all fine. Watched some videos on youtube and it doesn't seem nearly as bad as what im experiencing.

Anyone else have the same problems? Or is this how the game has always been and i just didn't remember from 8 months ago? I was so close to buying a new HDD last night in the hope that it would fix it. I wanna play Bloodborne :(

It's an issue with the engine as it also affected the Dark Souls 3 Network Test.
    I must say I had no issues with framepacing in Bloodborne until I started the DLC yesterday. I find it a lot more noticible in the inital area you're landed into.

You'd expect it to be easily fixed but it's still there after how many months and 6 patch releases. I'm not holding out much hope for it to be fixed for BB, I just really hope they sort it out for DS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Tip for others - do not try the DLC on NG+2 or beyond.
    Constantly getting 1/2 shot and perma stunned by the 1st boss. There is literally nothing I can do, the difficulty spike is unbelievable. I must have wasted at least 3 hours trying to beat him. It's crossed past difficult to impossible.

My only option now is to grind through the game again on NG; the fact I've done it three times already and have to do it again to have a chance at getting through the DLC is ridiculous. Thank's a lot From Software!

Rant over :mad:

I spent 2 hours on the same boss Gi Joe. I'm on NG+.
    Headwrecking!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I went from 60fps dark souls 2 on PC and the difference in frame rate was very jarring. I found the game very difficult to get into due to how awful it felt due to the frame rate issues. You get used to it eventually but it's still crappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I went from 60fps dark souls 2 on PC and the difference in frame rate was very jarring. I found the game very difficult to get into due to how awful it felt due to the frame rate issues. You get used to it eventually but it's still crappy.

Indeed its tough going from a 60+ FPS experience to a 30FPS game, but the whole time im playing BB now i feel like it wasn't this bad 7 months ago at release. I knocked my PS4 over accidentally about 4 months ago forcing me to re-install the OS and the harddrive was clicking for a time afterwards. Didn't play it for a month or 2 and the clicking stopped. Every game seems fine on it but Bloodborne just feels.....bad, worse than it was before. Wondering if i should just replace my HDD since it could be on the way out and it would fix the problem, uggggggh

But if i knew, or was told that it was this bad 7 months ago at release i would probably be fine and play it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I have not started DLC yet - have it but waiting on right night when kids are not running amok.

I have 10 vermin, but Buckethead still appears in Woods - Should he not be gone now and leave his bucket behind for collection?

sticker wrote: »
    I have not started DLC yet - have it but waiting on right night when kids are not running amok.

I have 10 vermin, but Buckethead still appears in Woods - Should he not be gone now and leave his bucket behind for collection?

Have you been squishing the vermin?
    Check your rank in the League by using the League Staff. You need at least a rank of 5 for the bucket helm.

Have you been squishing the vermin?
    Check your rank in the League by using the League Staff. You need at least a rank of 5 for the bucket helm.

Oops! - Been bloody collecting them only!!

DO I just crush them all? Any point in hold onto any?

• Advertisement

Oops! - Been bloody collecting them only!!

DO I just crush them all? Any point in hold onto any?

Not sure to be honest. I'm rank 8 but I've not seen any change to anything.

One thing to note, your rank does not increase automatically. Squish your vermin and then give it 15 to 20 minutes. Maybe reload the save and then see if your ranking has gone up in the League.

Not sure to be honest. I'm rank 8 but I've not seen any change to anything.

One thing to note, your rank does not increase automatically. Squish your vermin and then give it 15 to 20 minutes. Maybe reload the save and then see if your ranking has gone up in the League.

OK Thanks!

This is such bull****e - I had 10 vermin collected.

Crushed the first, then crushed a batch of 4 and batch of 5 - but my online status inly shows 3 crushed in total. I have restarted the game since I did the last batch crush (1 hour ago)

...Still only three showing???

Strange. Try and go to the forbidden woods, and get the madaras whistle.

Strange. Try and go to the forbidden woods, and get the madaras whistle.

Sorry for delay in replying - I have the whistle some time ago. There must be a glitch in the game - I used multiple vermin at once, but it seems to only recognise 1! - So I crushed 12 in total (2 batches of 4 and single 4) but am only showing 6 in the leaderboard and buckethead still resides in Forbidden Woods praising my verim crushing!

I started the DLC and have gotten to the 2nd lamp but how do I warp back to lamps - I do not see anything in the Hunters Dream...

I started the DLC and have gotten to the 2nd lamp but how do I warp back to lamps - I do not see anything in the Hunters Dream...

The tombstone is top left as you are looking up at the Hunters dream cottage. It's where you see the Doll praying now and then.

The tombstone is top left as you are looking up at the Hunters dream cottage. It's where you see the Doll praying now and then.

How did I miss that! - Many Thanks.

Off topic, I bought a set of Turtle Beach 800 headphones for this long awaited return to Bloodblourne. Christ was an experience with a really good set of headphones!

For the first time ever, I called in some support with a Boss and had one of the best co-op battles with another player.

I generally go it alone, but the frustaration was getting the better of me. Great experience and looking forward to the rest of the DLC.

Without spoilers, anyone complete it yet - it is big in scale?

I've probably sunk 8 hours into it and it's not looking like ending. Just started a new area last night.
    Loving it so far but it's tough as nails. Easily harder than any part of the main game and some boss battles are on par with the hardest Chalice dungeons.

I hear the higher the NG+ the harder the difficulty with the DLC - I'm on NG+1 and seems tricky enough for the early stages. Thought the first Boss was well tricky myself.

• Advertisement

What exactly does the Guidance rune do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I'm looking for the Bloodborne Game of the Year Edition but it's sold out on GameStop and not on the Smyths website, and unavailable on Amazon.co.uk too. It's only out today, but coinciding with "Black Friday", is it sold out everywhere already??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm looking for the Bloodborne Game of the Year Edition but it's sold out on GameStop and not on the Smyths website, and unavailable on Amazon.co.uk too. It's only out today, but coinciding with "Black Friday", is it sold out everywhere already??

Its about 31 euro on Canadian psn store if you fancy a digital version.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Had decided to leave this for a l'il while to make a dent in some other games I'm playing, but I was browsing PSN earlier and well... :)

What kind of level recommendation is there for Old Hunters NG+? Had played barely an hour of NG+ when I finished the game, working my way through it now for the new schtuff. I'm in the mid-80s level wise, is it 120-130 kind of material or will I get away with being a bit lower? Just past Gascoigne so will be a little while yet.

Edit: Just checked the Prima guide and they're saying 115. A bit of work to do so.

30 FPS is a rather jarring after a few months of near exclusive PC playing including lots of SotFS, but after ten minutes all felt right as rain again thankfully.

Also: I forgot how bloody satisfying a visceral attack is.

Just beat the final DLC boss as a summon. Have had no luck in summoning anyone into my game.
    Learned a lot from it at least.

Johnny, if you're like me you'll struggle unless you're level 130 or so (for NG+). The bosses have masses of health and a lot have big broad swings that make avoidance very hard. I've got VIT of 50 and I'm struggling.

The normal enemies are fine though. It's the bosses that are tough here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Can I call someone to help me fight Gernham at the end? Is co-op allowed?

Completed the DLC yesterday but I'm stumped at how to beat the optional boss
    Laurence
    Might take some time off and come back at him re-freshed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Working my way through NG+ to get set up for Old Hunters. Coming at it after plenty of time with MGSV, Witcher 3, Fallout 4 etc... and even a thoroughly enjoyable revisit to DS2 with SotFS, one thing stands out: just how ****ing good this game is. Totally different level, to be perfectly frank. The sheer artistry of the game world and design; the endlessly gratifying mechanics; the utterly captivating atmosphere and environmental storytelling. It's astounding stuff, and it's surprising me all over again only a few months after first playing through it.

If there happens to be anybody reading this who hasn't played the game yet: rectify it. This is as good as it gets.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Still don't think its a Dark Souls 1 better. It just seems a bit too lacking in content, RPG mechanics and different play style options for me. Still a fantastic game.

Got to The first boss in the DLC, walked into room, got one shotted at full health by the first attack. Going to be a long frustrating battle. Still I got the whirligig saw and went for a blood vial run through Central Yarnham. Seems like I'll have a lot of fun with this weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I've picked up the DLC there so will get stuck into it at some point. Still working my way through MGS:V, Fallout 4 coming at xmas, barely touched the starcraft expansion and picked shadow of mordor gote on the amazon sales. I need some time off work!

Advertisement