Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ludwig fell last night. One of the all time great boss battles, loads of fun to fight even after dying countless times.

I'm also loving the Whirligig saw. I was using the sawblade in this playthrough after using the threaded cane in the last one but I find it a whole lot less gun. The extended blade is kind of useless since attacks are so slow and while the transformation attacks have very high damage output the animation frames are way too slow again. It means both those forms of attack are utterly useless since you are just going to get hit out of them when comboing with them. It means you are just using the shortened version which has much higher damage output and very fast attack speed.

The whirligig though is something else. The basic form has ok damage but decent range as well. The real beauty is with the saw blade engaged. It's incredibly slow but the damage is insane and the it can cause even the bigger enemies to stagger. The charged up R2 does multiple hits and even if you don't get a back attack can cause even the biggest enemies to stagger. You do lose your ability to use a gun but you gain a new long range attack with L2 and if you hold L2 after the attack you'll start grinding the saw blade which can cause silly amounts of damage. It's basically E Honda's 100 hand slap of bloodborne :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ludwig fell last night. One of the all time great boss battles, loads of fun to fight even after dying countless times.

I'm also loving the Whirligig saw. I was using the sawblade in this playthrough after using the threaded cane in the last one but I find it a whole lot less gun. The extended blade is kind of useless since attacks are so slow and while the transformation attacks have very high damage output the animation frames are way too slow again. It means both those forms of attack are utterly useless since you are just going to get hit out of them when comboing with them. It means you are just using the shortened version which has much higher damage output and very fast attack speed.

The whirligig though is something else. The basic form has ok damage but decent range as well. The real beauty is with the saw blade engaged. It's incredibly slow but the damage is insane and the it can cause even the bigger enemies to stagger. The charged up R2 does multiple hits and even if you don't get a back attack can cause even the biggest enemies to stagger. You do lose your ability to use a gun but you gain a new long range attack with L2 and if you hold L2 after the attack you'll start grinding the saw blade which can cause silly amounts of damage. It's basically E Honda's 100 hand slap of bloodborne :)

Just had a chance to start the DLC last night. IS the whirlgig the weapon the first enemy you come to on the right side path uses? The big long kind of logging saw thing that I keep getting my ass handed to me with?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's this little beauty here:

CSV2F_kXIAAfCPu.jpg:large

If you are having trouble with those whip guys there's loads of them! I find them pretty easy to hit them with a gun for a visceral attack though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Wheres the best place i can get the DLC? Is it a digital download? big file?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone seen where to pick up the GOTY edition in shops here?

• Advertisement

It's this little beauty here:

CSV2F_kXIAAfCPu.jpg:large

If you are having trouble with those whip guys there's loads of them! I find them pretty easy to hit them with a gun for a visceral attack though.
    Want!

You don't get it until near the first boss, took me a while to get to it but I had my eye on it since I saw it in the trailer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Have fun with the pizza cutter before they nerf it:

Seriously? A fricken gatlin gun :mad:

weiland79 wrote: »
    Seriously? A fricken gatlin gun :mad:

Here's some advice on that bit:
    Man up! :P

• Advertisement

Here's some advice on that bit:
    Man up! :P

Getting stuck in the enclosed space of the passage didn't help but I really wasn't expecting him to blast me the second time with his gun, I was sure he was going to use his other weapon. The amount of damage I am doing is a bit of a concern too. It's not looking good for a boss fight if my damage output is so little.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How do i play co op on this. Is there a password system if i want to play with a friend

Getting stuck in the enclosed space of the passage didn't help but I really wasn't expecting him to blast me the second time with his gun, I was sure he was going to use his other weapon. The amount of damage I am doing is a bit of a concern too. It's not looking good for a boss fight if my damage output is so little.

I had to level up a good bit before I tackled it and got my weapon up to level 9. The gatling guy isn't so bad you can avoid the gun using the pillars in the area and attack him after he runs out of bullets.

I had to level up a good bit before I tackled it and got my weapon up to level 9. The gatling guy isn't so bad you can avoid the gun using the pillars in the area and attack him after he runs out of bullets.

What SL are you.I'm 132 now I think and was rockin the lvl 10 hunters axe in that video.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How do i play co op on this. Is there a password system if i want to play with a friend

You both need to be a similar soul level, I'm not sure the exact figures but there's a calculator on the wiki. It then helps if you are both in the same area. One of you needs to ring the beckoning bell and the other needs to ring the small resonant bell. You can set a password apparently it helps if it's a code made up of letters and symbols.
    Oh and I'm open to correction but I think one of you has to have killed the area boss first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

You both need to be a similar soul level, I'm not sure the exact figures but there's a calculator on the wiki. It then helps if you are both in the same area. One of you needs to ring the beckoning bell and the other needs to ring the small resonant bell. You can set a password apparently it helps if it's a code made up of letters and symbols.
    Oh and I'm open to correction but I think one of you has to have killed the area boss first.

I thought the level similarity was taken out in a patch, or am i making that up?
    My friend has beaten the boss in that area too so that part is ok. God damn vicar amelia, the most frustrating bit of gaming iv experienced in the last decade of gaming.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I thought the level similarity was taken out in a patch, or am i making that up?
    My friend has beaten the boss in that area too so that part is ok. God damn vicar amelia, the most frustrating bit of gaming iv experienced in the last decade of gaming.

I haven't heard that they patched that out and would be surprised if they had. It's been that way In all the souls games. Use your Tonitros on Amelia.

What SL are you.I'm 132 now I think and was rockin the lvl 10 hunters axe in that video.

I'm only around 80 but started it around 70. I'm not on NG+ though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi All,

I'm loving the fact we can call on hunter help on Chalice Bosses.

Quick question though, just defeated level 3 boss of Isz (5 level)

But the lamp after the boss in is a huge circular room with no exit to level 4?

How do I move on?!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

sticker wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm loving the fact we can call on hunter help on Chalice Bosses.

Quick question though, just defeated level 3 boss of Isz (5 level)

But the lamp after the boss in is a huge circular room with no exit to level 4?

How do I move on?!

If you've beaten the boss then you're done.

• Advertisement

If you've beaten the boss then you're done.

OK - Thanks - why is it level 5 then I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

sticker wrote: »
    OK - Thanks - why is it level 5 then I wonder?

You thinking of Depths? Depth indicates the difficulty of the dungeon.

You thinking of Depths? Depth indicates the difficulty of the dungeon.

Ooops - Sorry!

Its odd... I see from some guides that this dungeon will give a blood rock on completion of 3rd boss (end) - but after getting a rock on playthrough one, and then placing a new chalice down again to ruck through again, I'm getting 2 chunks on final boss and then sometimes no bonus chunks completing Bosses 1 & 2...

Any idea why this changes for a non-root dungeon set?

I've read they are chance drops, so you could get screwed over even if you get passed the boss. Also i heard if you have one in your inventory (not used) another won't drop >_<

What kind of builds are you all rocking?

My first play through i just kinda went a bit random with the stats, dropped them into vit/end/str/skill, i was mainly using the saw blade.

So decided to roll a new character and went mostly arcance (vit/end also ofc) and got to new game+ and then bought the DLc and realised i should have gotten it before going into NG+. Not being completely sold on the arcane build, ludwigs is a boring weapon which is too slow.

I decided to start a new character again, ha

My stats are currently:
    Vit: 44
    Endurance:25
    Str: 10
    Skill: 45
    BT:45
    Arc: 9

And im rocking Chikage (lvl10) which i use pretty much exclusively and with Reiterpallasch +9 which i havent really used since getting chikage, id like to get a good reaching 2hander for certain fights but not sure what one would suite my build well, maybe burial blade?

And left hand ive Eveylin +9 and hunter blunder + 6

anybody any advice? I cant find a good site which has much talk of builds and what not :(

nix wrote: »
    I've read they are chance drops, so you could get screwed over even if you get passed the boss. Also i heard if you have one in your inventory (not used) another won't drop >_<

What kind of builds are you all rocking?

My first play through i just kinda went a bit random with the stats, dropped them into vit/end/str/skill, i was mainly using the saw blade.

So decided to roll a new character and went mostly arcance (vit/end also ofc) and got to new game+ and then bought the DLc and realised i should have gotten it before going into NG+. Not being completely sold on the arcane build, ludwigs is a boring weapon which is too slow.

I decided to start a new character again, ha

My stats are currently:
    Vit: 44
    Endurance:25
    Str: 10
    Skill: 45
    BT:45
    Arc: 9

And im rocking Chikage (lvl10) which i use pretty much exclusively and with Reiterpallasch +9 which i havent really used since getting chikage, id like to get a good reaching 2hander for certain fights but not sure what one would suite my build well, maybe burial blade?

And left hand ive Eveylin +9 and hunter blunder + 6

anybody any advice? I cant find a good site which has much talk of builds and what not :(

I saw a YouTube clip of some guy with 90+ rocks(!!!)

I asked in the comments how he managed it. No reply.

Just finished DLC, and started NG+3

Level 241
    Vit: 85
    End: 65
    Str: 58
    Skill: 37
    Blood: 23
    Arcane: 22

So I'm done a lot of echo farming in Chalice Dungeons to upgrade levels.

I've all the new weapons and two blood rocks, but unsure which to max out.

I got the 2nd blood rock near end boss in DLC and decided to max out Simons blade, the blades has a nice spread for taking on multiple mobs with normal attacks and an R2 that hits twice similar to the hunter axe when 2 Handed.

And the bow is amazing, i just started NG+ and i can lock on to the rifleman from afar and one shot them.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

So starting the dlc at level 30 was a bad idea!

Got to Ludwig last night and just had 1 pass at him before I had to hit the sack. Turns out he wasn't that bad and I finished him first try..............
    Not.....

Any tips for him, what weapons are useful etc?

Got to Ludwig last night and just had 1 pass at him before I had to hit the sack. Turns out he wasn't that bad and I finished him first try..............
    Not.....

He's easy compared to what follows. Just learn his moves and keep to his sides which is safer, he has a powerful back attack if you try to go there. Also if you need help there's a npc at the bottom of the stairs at the save point.

• Advertisement

Not.....

I thought the same and got him down on the 3rd, i found being aggressive got me through it, quick step to his sides and just unleash. When he does his big jump in the air just run/roll towards where he was until he lands, which is usually behind you..

His second phase is alot easier to manage him, his first phase being the tough/scary part :D

Advertisement