Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Having failed at getting into souls games even though I could see they good I hadn't time or patience to take the punishment to get good at them .yet today I bought this ,just wondering having never bought a game guide before I'm tempted to for this .what ye think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Managed to beat Ludwig earlier with the help of the old hunter, Vatra. Happy days! Any guys I summoned always perished.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

brady12 wrote: »
    Having failed at getting into souls games even though I could see they good I hadn't time or patience to take the punishment to get good at them .yet today I bought this ,just wondering having never bought a game guide before I'm tempted to for this .what ye think ?

I don't think there is a need. It is pretty linear, if you get stuck you can check the bloodborne wiki, also people on here are very helpful and mindful of spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi All,

I'm been playing non stop now NG+3 with a level 254 build.

I have the Saw Cleaver +10 = Physical 180 + 396 Gem fortification - Is this as good as I can get a weapon?

I see attributes on the Arcane/Fire/Bolt increase somewhat when I add these type of Gems but the physical drops like a stone then.

Sorry for the potentially stupid question, but why would I add a gem to a weapon to lower the physical attack - even a high level gem seems to drop the overall stats.

THis always confused me as the physical stats seem far easier to range up with gems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

a question

im gonna buy the DLC but heard you have to be past vicar ameila

i started NG+ a while back and read the dlc would be harder on this mode

so i transfered and reloaded an old save from just right before i enter the last boss can i go back and play the dlc at that point in the game or is it to late???????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

biggebruv wrote:
    so i transfered and reloaded an old save from just right before i enter the last boss can i go back and play the dlc at that point in the game or is it to late???????????

Yeah you should be able to, there's something you have to get from Amelia though.

sweetie wrote: »
    Yeah you should be able to, there's something you have to get from Amelia though.

but if i beat her in that game already how do i get it:confused:
    is it a new item the dlc adds in or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

If you have already killed her before you bought the DLC, you will have to finish the game you're on and get to the NG+ and kill her again, then there will be messengers in the hunters dream that gives you the key to go to that realm.

I myself restarted a new char and tried another build :pac:

nix wrote: »
    If you have already killed her before you bought the DLC, you will have to finish the game you're on and get to the NG+ and kill her again, then there will be messengers in the hunters dream that gives you the key to go to that realm.

I myself restarted a new char and tried another build :pac:

no thats wrong just bought it there and the items were on the ground in the hunters dream im in the dlc rightnow

and my character was right at the end of the game
    this is when the hunters dream is on fire and everything

I was expecting a big download but it just activated so im guessing it was installed in an update

biggebruv wrote: »
    no thats wrong just bought it there and the items were on the ground in the hunters dream im in the dlc rightnow

and my character was right at the end of the game
    this is when the hunters dream is on fire and everything

I was expecting a big download but it just activated so im guessing it was installed in an update

Hummm strange, its possible they patched that in recently then which would make sense to do :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

On this...

I downloaded a 9gb patch yesterday. I assume the DLC is relatively small as a result?

Yeah you have the dlc pretty much installed ,buying it meerly allows you to access the content you have downloaded in that 9gb ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dark Souls and DS2 were the same. Means if you are playing co-op or PVP with someone using DLC gear then it's compatible. Pretty sure you get access to the new covenant without the DLC purchase as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Does the dlc affect the basic game at all or is it like Dark Souls in that it just adds a new area?

Only just got a ps4 and was thinking of getting the cheaper base game as opposed to the goty edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

penev10 wrote: »
    Does the dlc affect the basic game at all or is it like Dark Souls in that it just adds a new area?

Only just got a ps4 and was thinking of getting the cheaper base game as opposed to the goty edition.

The only way it affects the main game is that you can use the DLC weapons in the main game.
    The latest patch also includes a new Covenant called The League. You do not need the DLC for this.

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/The+League

A lot more jolly cooperation going on since the League was formed too. You'll get more help in the deeper dungeons for example.

I would so love to get a platinum on this since im at 85% oohh so close

i have to get the last boss in the chalice areas is there a really quick way to goo about it?

the chalice areas never really appealed to me but i know im gonna have to do it if i want that trophy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

biggebruv wrote: »
    I would so love to get a platinum on this since im at 85% oohh so close

i have to get the last boss in the chalice areas is there a really quick way to goo about it?

the chalice areas never really appealed to me but i know im gonna have to do it if i want that trophy

No there is not a quick way and the defiled cursed Chalice Dungeon boss is very tough because he has at least one move that 1 hit kills you and all his others are probably 2 hits. So you're timing has to be very good.

• Trying to get back into Bloodbourne after months not playing it is tough. Decided to create a new Character instead.
    Anything added for people who haven't purchased the DLC? I will probably pick it up but supposedly you need to be around level 60 to even bother going near it

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Trying to get back into Bloodbourne after months not playing it is tough. Decided to create a new Character instead.
    Anything added for people who haven't purchased the DLC? I will probably pick it up but supposedly you need to be around level 60 to even bother going near it

Join the league when you get to the forbidden woods. Really useful if you want co-operation in the chalice dungeons.

• Join the league when you get to the forbidden woods. Really useful if you want co-operation in the chalice dungeons.

Cool thanks. I would say it will be a while before I get there yet. Still having fun in Yarham

• Advertisement

Cool thanks. I would say it will be a while before I get there yet. Still having fun in Yarham

You'd be surprised. When i started a new char, I blitzed it though to Rom in 2 sittings.
    Took me 2 weeks to do it on my first run through. It's gas how tentative you can be when you dont know what lies ahead of you!

I loved my second play through of it though. Didnt get bored by any section.
    I'd recommend NG+ too but the DLC was pretty tough.

My plan now is to do a new char and play the DLC in NG before Dark Souls 3 comes out.

Join the league when you get to the forbidden woods. Really useful if you want co-operation in the chalice dungeons.

Is there any hard a fast rules to League help in the Chalice Dungeons? - I've only seen a few at Boos gates etc.

A lot of tougher end of dungeon Bosses do not have help from league where I would need it most!

Do they appear ion Root Dungeons?

• You'd be surprised. When i started a new char, I blitzed it though to Rom in 2 sittings.
    Took me 2 weeks to do it on my first run through. It's gas how tentative you can be when you dont know what lies ahead of you!

I loved my second play through of it though. Didnt get bored by any section.
    I'd recommend NG+ too but the DLC was pretty tough.

My plan now is to do a new char and play the DLC in NG before Dark Souls 3 comes out.

To be honest even with my first character (think I completed the game on 36+ hour mark) I never played New Game+

Do the enemies just scale to your level or how exactly does the difficulty work in NG+?

Also what's the max level you can get to?

sticker wrote: »
    Is there any hard a fast rules to League help in the Chalice Dungeons? - I've only seen a few at Boos gates etc.

A lot of tougher end of dungeon Bosses do not have help from league where I would need it most!

Do they appear ion Root Dungeons?

Just ring your beckoning bell. Help is not too far away.
    Think the summon signs you see are NPC co-operators.

To be honest even with my first character (think I completed the game on 36+ hour mark) I never played New Game+

Do the enemies just scale to your level or how exactly does the difficulty work in NG+?

Also what's the max level you can get to?

I think it's a hard scaling so it does not matter what your level is.
    I dont think there is a level cap either.

Just ring your beckoning bell. Help is not too far away.
    Think the summon signs you see are NPC co-operators.

I have done so in the past and never got help in a Chalice - Can people still assist if I go to a root?

Hi All,

I'm been playing non stop now NG+3 with a level 254 build.

I have the Saw Cleaver +10 = Physical 180 + 396 Gem fortification - Is this as good as I can get a weapon?

I see attributes on the Arcane/Fire/Bolt increase somewhat when I add these type of Gems but the physical drops like a stone then.

Sorry for the potentially stupid question, but why would I add a gem to a weapon to lower the physical attack - even a high level gem seems to drop the overall stats.

THis always confused me as the physical stats seem far easier to range up with gems.

Anyone help with this post? - still confused!

• Struggling big time with that big worm thing again (can't remember it's name)

But why do I keep on fighting :P

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Anyone help with this post? - still confused!

When you add an elemental gem to a weapon that just does physical damage, it will transform the base damage to that element and remove all scaling from Strength and Skill and instead apply Arcane scaling. If you haven't invested in Arcane, then the overall damage of the weapon will decrease, but it should be noted that certain enemies will take much more damage from particular elements than they will from physical damage. General rule of thumb being Fire is good against Beasts, Bolt is good against Kin, and Arcane is an allrounder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

Is there poise in BB? I'm getting stun-locked a lot.

Advertisement