Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

Invasions are a bit tougher.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So I've finally got back to Bloodborne after picking up a new PS4 and going through some other games first. Decided to buy The Old Hunters while I waited for a patch for Firewatch before I started it.

So after about 10 or so hours I've 100% the dlc and it was glorious. To start off I played with my NG++ character assuming I was close to the end game but it turned out I hadn't even beat Vicar Amelia.

So I'm not sure how tough it is on NG but it's definitely difficult on NG++, not crazy but it's tough. As Bloodborne standard, it was very intense. Loads of Hunters who don't disappear and some of the enemies like the guy that comes out of the cathedral and the giants in the Fishing Hamlet are really tough. The bosses are brilliant. What makes them so good is all of their final forms are fantastic and the OST is just incredible.

Also loved the look and feel of the new weapons. The only one I fully upgraded was the Beasthunter Saif which felt like a heavier Saw Cleaver. I might crack at a few other weapons when I come back to it.

I can't wait for Dark Souls 3 now but something tells me I'll crave a Bloodborne 2 that little bit more!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I left Bloodborne,last year just as Witcher 3 came out,and because of other games coming out over the last few months im only thinking of getting back up on the horse now..
    I only got to Machine Gun guy on top of the Tower,as the Hunter below that, kept one shotting me i found it frustrating but i need to finish it.. as even though im awful at it,i actually enjoyed the mechanics and design of the world..

Wish me Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

bigphil2 wrote: »
    I left Bloodborne,last year just as Witcher 3 came out,and because of other games coming out over the last few months im only thinking of getting back up on the horse now..
    I only got to Machine Gun guy on top of the Tower,as the Hunter below that, kept one shotting me i found it frustrating but i need to finish it.. as even though im awful at it,i actually enjoyed the mechanics and design of the world..

Wish me Luck!

Good Luck, a good way to get the guy at the top of the tower is
    keep shooting him with your strongest gun, he will fall and if you save and reload his drop(s) will be at the top of the tower

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Icaras wrote: »
    Good Luck, a good way to get the guy at the top of the tower is
    keep shooting him with your strongest gun, he will fall and if you save and reload his drop(s) will be at the top of the tower

Cheers!
    I should have mentioned,i did kill that guy on the tower.. i just kept getting killed in the church behind that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Cheers!
    I should have mentioned,i did kill that guy on the tower.. i just kept getting killed in the church behind that..

Very good! Its not easy but take you time also
    you can get to walk in the rafters of the roof and drop the chandelier on the ones on the bottom floor setting off a big fire. Doesnt kill them all but helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

bigphil2 wrote:
    Cheers! I should have mentioned,i did kill that guy on the tower.. i just kept getting killed in the church behind that..

I ran on second playthrough!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I need a little help. I've just come back to this after a few months and am a bit lost.
    I'm playing the dlc and have just spawned in. I've just killed a hunter in a large tall room with spiral staircases (I remember clearing most of this room, opened a few shortcuts etc)
    Just beside where the hunter was is a grey blob that speaks when prompted. It says ' lady Maria, I'm a Robin, will I ever grow up and be an egg?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Found living failures shortly after

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Bump t'feck

Anyone wanna help me with the Defiled Watchdog? Can't get him below about 2/3rd on my own or with NPC summons, its pretty annoying.

Had to totally cheese the Keeper as well, this dungeon reminds me too much of the Ancient Dragon in Dark Souls 2. I just want the plat

• Advertisement

Bump t'feck

Anyone wanna help me with the Defiled Watchdog? Can't get him below about 2/3rd on my own or with NPC summons, its pretty annoying.

Had to totally cheese the Keeper as well, this dungeon reminds me too much of the Ancient Dragon in Dark Souls 2. I just want the plat
    Did you get the Bone Ash set? It helps a lot with the fire damage.

What kind of build do you have?

Using the Bone Ash

Pretty OP I thought, beat NG+ today, only died 5 or 6 times. Think my stats are

Vit 40
    End 25
    Str 25
    Skl 50
    BTinge 15
    Arcane 40

Using +10 Blades of Mercy, as Ludwig's Blade and the Saw Cleaver (even with fire paper) are being out damaged by the blades

Might go farming and bump Vit to 50 but I don't know if it'll help much

I might be a bit rusty but can help.

Vit 40
    End 40
    Str 50
    Skl 40
    Tng 10
    Arc 22

Thanks, can you PM me your PSN name? I'm on easter break so anytime suits me

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Started this again. Thought I hadn't lost a step after beating Cleric Beast on my first attempt but now I'm on my 7th attempt at Daddy G.

God, he's a bastard in beast form.

And 10 minutes after resubbing to PS+ for online play, I beat it with an NPC summon :rolleyes: Thanks anyways Evade :)

Also, am I better off starting a new game for the DLC, or jumping straight in at NG++?

So, Evade, how bout that Amygdala ey? :(

So, Evade, how bout that Amygdala ey? :(
    Sure, I won't be on until tonight though.

My method for beating Amygdala was to summon 2 other players and stay alive while they did the heavy lifting.

Thanks, no worries if you can't get on anyways, I can barely get a hit in, tried spamming A Call Beyond and Executiors Gloves to no avail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I am thinking of giving this another go, stuck on the vicar. Is it possible to bypass her and keep going with the game or do I have to beat her? I've lost count on how many times iv rage quit on her. Have summoned a few times but to no avail

On the way up to Amelia when you get to the area with the two large guys with pitch forks standing on the stairs you can follow the path to the left or right to get to other areas. I'm not sure if you'll find it any easier though, especially the right path.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I am thinking of giving this another go, stuck on the vicar. Is it possible to bypass her and keep going with the game or do I have to beat her? I've lost count on how many times iv rage quit on her. Have summoned a few times but to no avail

You kinda have to beat her to be honest. You can move on a bit further, but you will get to a point, where you just have to face her to progress the story.
    There are lots of Youtube video tutorials to help beat her though

If you head to the left you'll come to a new optional area with a great unlock after you beat the boss.

Have you beaten the Blood Starved Beast? If so, clearing a chalice dungeon or two might give you a boost

If you're badly stuck stay away from her until she leaps at you, Dodge right and get a few hits in, or when she does the two hand slam you should have time to attack after it.

That or keep trying, dodging right or forward-right allows you to dodge all her attacks upclose

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The optional area will allow you to add stat boosting items which might give you the edge. Also it's a big area so you should get some levels as well.

Took over 300 bullets (from storage) but the Defiled Amygdala can eat ****, threaded cane is a force against it

The next chalice dungeon is much easier.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Started playing NG+ at last, as I finished the thing before the DLC came out, now I own the DLC and have to fight my way back to the point where I can access it..... bugger.
    And, it's bloody hard!
    And I look at the rest of the games in the pile, and none come close to it :(
    Fallout 4 remains in its wrapper.
    Batman AK just got boring.... another area where I have to beat n enemies, where n is an arbitrary number from the developers!
    And all the stuff on other formats, waiting for my attention, Xenoblade Chronicles, and it's sequel, on the New 3DS and WiiU respectively have been barely touched.
    All this, and Bloodborne is still infinitely more interesting!
    I'm doomed....

You only have to get as far as the Vicar Ciderman, and Cleric Beast is optional so it shouldn't take too long.

That being said I was a total glass cannon at the start of NG+ so maybe I found it easier due to my damage output

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a pretty good character build too, but I'm pretty rubbish at games, as Retr0 will confirm.... I'll persevere...
    I just want to get stuck into it, I'm not interested in ever fight Rom again, a complete b@stard!

Advertisement