Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I got my platinum last night :D

After the ass-whooping I was being handed by all three Defiled bosses, all thee Izs bosses and then the first two Pthumerian Ihyll bosses, the Queen was actually disappointing. Spend about 5 minutes and half my vials dicking around with Hunter tools to see what damaged her before getting her to like 1/4 health

Found out afterwards sound is a big cue to move in the fight, I was playing with no sound (it was 6am) and still kicked her ass, very underwhelmed.

I'm still on and off playing it if you want a hand with the base game Cider, only considering the DLC as of yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

thinking of buying this now only 26 euro on the network, just wondering though, i have no experience with this or the souls games, will this present a problem? I know these games are difficult but is it worth playing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

thinking of buying this now only 26 euro on the network, just wondering though, i have no experience with this or the souls games, will this present a problem?

Probably.
    I know these games are difficult but is it worth playing?

Without a shadow of a doubt.

thinking of buying this now only 26 euro on the network, just wondering though, i have no experience with this or the souls games, will this present a problem? I know these games are difficult but is it worth playing?

If your PS4 is worth playing games on then yes.

It's a fantastic game, one of the few I can fully justify paying full price for. It's hard but not at all impossible, you just need to learn how to play it. It's difficult and frustrating but so satisfying when you complete a milestone in it, and once you figure out how to play properly and the game clicks with you, it's very fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bloodborne is probably one of the best games I have ever played, easily up there with Portal 2 and Tempest 2000!
    It is hard, but it is never cheap.
    It needs you to engage the enemy, die, learn, engage again.
    And the game has a massive presence outside of the console, with a amazing community of players, always helpful, in forum threads like this one and more dedicated fare that given comprehensive assistance and information.
    It is impossible for the lone player to take in everything, every clue and ounce of legend and lore that is onscreen, but the community at large is there to help.

At €70 it was and still is well worth buying, at €26 you'd have to question being a player of games at all if you didn't buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

After you beat Father Gascoigne is the music box of any further use? If not can it be sold?

TinCanMan wrote: »
    After you beat Father Gascoigne is the music box of any further use? If not can it be sold?

You can use it on one of the later bosses but it's pretty useless in that fight.

I don't think it can be sold, you can deposit it in storage I think though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Can't seem to summon anyone for
    Amygdala
    or
    the host of mensis

I'm level 66, is that too high?

I know they're not the toughest of bosses but I don't have a lot of time for gaming at the moment and I just want the game done before DkS3 is out.

penev10 wrote: »
    Can't seem to summon anyone for
    Amygdala
    or
    the host of mensis

I'm level 66, is that too high?

I know they're not the toughest of bosses but I don't have a lot of time for gaming at the moment and I just want the game done before DkS3 is out.

66 is a bit low I'd say. Amygdala is optional anyways. If you've a fast weapon try just blasting over Micolash

66 is a bit low I'd say. Amygdala is optional anyways. If you've a fast weapon try just blasting over Micolash

Soloed Amygdala in the end. Much easier boss than it first seems. Just kept my distance and went in for head shots when he lowered it.

Micolash has one-shotted me the 3 times I've fought him. That homing soulmass type move is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

penev10 wrote:
    Micolash has one-shotted me the 3 times I've fought him. That homing soulmass type move is annoying.

First play through I stun locked him and he never had a chance to use it. Second took me 10-15 tries!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

penev10 wrote: »

Get as far away as possible when he charges and dash through. He's one of the easier ones once you master dodging that move.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

For the second phase of the fight, when you chase him and he drops off a balcony into the room below, don't jump down after him.

Just fling poison knives at him from above and toss molotovs, he doesn't move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

For those struggling to summon in help, join one of the many ps4 bloodborne communities. Bloodbornes finest has I think about 5000 members and all you have to do is stick up a message that you need help and it shouldn't be long coming.
    Finished the dlc last night now to platinum before DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

I'm just two bosses into the game and mainly use the saw cleaver. I've been concentrating on Vitality, Endurance and Strength. Any recommendations on what stat I should focus on. My current values are as follows.

Vitality = 30
    Endurance = 16
    Strength = 25

I'm just two bosses into the game and mainly use the saw cleaver. I've been concentrating on Vitality, Endurance and Strength. Any recommendations on what stat I should focus on. My current values are as follows.

Vitality = 30
    Endurance = 16
    Strength = 25

They are the three I focused on too, but you should put some into skill as well.

Vitality = 30
    Endurance = 16
    Strength = 25

Keep going with those three I guess, you'll probably need to push a few more into Skill but that'll be for later in the game.

Bloodtinge is nice to do a bit more damage when you go for a parry, and arcane is for Fire/Bolt modifiers and Hunter Tools, of which you've got none yet but you'll know them when you find them e.g. A Call Beyond

Have you decided on an endgame weapon? I normally look at the wiki and see what has good Strength scaling and aim to get it as soon as possible, though all the weapons are viable anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Vitality = 30
    Endurance = 16
    Strength = 25

If going the Strength route, which it appears you have, i would focus on getting those 3 stats to 40 then maybe start putting points into Arcane. I find that it can compliment strength builds more.. if you're looking to use ludwigs, holy moonlight sword, logarius wheel, Whirligig and Tonitrus etc

Bloodtinge id keep for skill builds as then you got weapons like Reiterpallasch, rifle spear, simons bowblade and chikage. These scale mostly with skill but their secondary functions benefit from bloodtinge..

Man the DLC is absolutely fantastic! I am very, very impressed with it.

Just finished the
    Lady Maria
    fight, it was really really fun, the whole clocktower area was brilliant, just the right amount of interesting and spooky.

Really great areas in it.

I got Bloodborne at launch and finished it in a week or so, didn't go back to it until a few weeks ago, and now I can't get enough. I don't know what's changed but I'm appreciating the game so much more

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Next area is even better I thought

• Advertisement

The gf got giddy at watching me play and fell in love with the boss, so I had to relinquish control before delving too deep into the Hamlet

I only got the game recently (due to not having a PS4) and being a huge Souls fan I was wary of the changes From had made to the Souls formula.

Overall the combat is probably more fun and definitely more accessible mainly due to its fast nature and the fact that spamming R1 isn't as risky as previous games. The loss of the poise and equip burden systems does make it less deep imo but it makes for a nice change whilst still feeling solid. A greater variety of possible builds would've been nice too (although I'm yet to finish the DLC so maybe that will be addressed).

The level design is the real winner though and only highlights where DkS2 fell down for me.

So I'm fairly close to completing the platinum and time allowing i should have
    it done before Tuesday.

Couple of things I need to ask though.

I'd never really looked at the Dungeons before and worked my way through the
    Lower Pthumeru Root Chalice last night getting down to level 4 I think. Do I need to complete all dungeons for the trophy or can i skip to the one i need, actually It's two i need because theres a weapon i need in Ailing Loran dungeon.

Also In regards to the end game. I've already done the easy ending but want to get the two hard endings but would rather not have to play the game all the way through again just for this, so I believe I can save my game to an external hard drive do one ending and then reload and do the second ending.
    Has anyone done this and how do I go about It?
    Do I create a PS4 folder on the HD plug it in and the game will automatically save to it?

The beast claws are in Layer One of Ailing Loran I think

You only need to beat the Pthumerian Dungeons, I'm not sure the order of getting them. I think you need Defiled and Cursed Pthumerian one next. Have a look at the wiki for the unlock order of them, you're almost done in any case. You can skip most of the Root dungeons.

I think your way of jiggling the saves will work, if it doesn't, a powerful character can beat NG+ in like 8-10 hrs easy I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Man the DLC is absolutely fantastic! I am very, very impressed with it.

Just finished the
    Lady Maria
    fight, it was really really fun, the whole clocktower area was brilliant, just the right amount of interesting and spooky.

Really great areas in it.

I got Bloodborne at launch and finished it in a week or so, didn't go back to it until a few weeks ago, and now I can't get enough. I don't know what's changed but I'm appreciating the game so much more

I always prefered the fights against enemies the same size as my character compared to the slow giant ones - it felt more even if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Also playing through this as i didn't play the DLC when it launched. A fantastic SoulBorne and definitely on par with Dark Souls 1, may even surpass it when i get to the DLC areas. Trying to use different weapons that i haven't used in previous plays but i can't for the life of me commit to the Stake Driver. Its move set is bland, range terrible, trickmode is a slight extension in the blade and the charge move takes way to long for the small amount of damage it does.

The Tonitrus on the other hand seems OP. Boring move set but there is something about using it that just makes me feel good. I have been pumping Health and Stamina on leveling up as i don't know what weapon to settle on, and whats in store for me in the DLC. It may have to be STR since i already invest to 18 for that pitiful Stake Driver.

How are Arcane and Blood builds? I know there is the Tonitrus for Arcane and Chikage and Reiterplalshahs for Blood but does the DLC offer much in these areas? Without giving away to much spoilers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Also playing through this as i didn't play the DLC when it launched. A fantastic SoulBorne and definitely on par with Dark Souls 1, may even surpass it when i get to the DLC areas. Trying to use different weapons that i haven't used in previous plays but i can't for the life of me commit to the Stake Driver. Its move set is bland, range terrible, trickmode is a slight extension in the blade and the charge move takes way to long for the small amount of damage it does.

The Tonitrus on the other hand seems OP. Boring move set but there is something about using it that just makes me feel good. I have been pumping Health and Stamina on leveling up as i don't know what weapon to settle on, and whats in store for me in the DLC. It may have to be STR since i already invest to 18 for that pitiful Stake Driver.

How are Arcane and Blood builds? I know there is the Tonitrus for Arcane and Chikage and Reiterplalshahs for Blood but does the DLC offer much in these areas? Without giving away to much spoilers :pac:

For bloodtinge, There a sword that can turn into a bow, which is one of my fav weapons, just the spread it gives when swinging it is great, and the bow is great too, good damage for a range, and you save on mats for upgrading range weapons to +10. Which is nice.

Arcane would get the whirligig which is a polearm with a wheel at the top that spins around. Did ALOT of damage on release but has since been nerfed, so not sure if its great anymore.. And then there is the holy moonlight sword, big two handed sword, that also can shoot like a wave beam of sorts.. I didnt like the move set of this weapon so didnt play with it much, i see alot using it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Chikage is where it's at. The bloodied version hits like a truck.

Blade of Mercy is great too. With high stamina you can stunlock enemies into combos that do about 2000 damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Played with the Blades of Mercy on the vanilla game on a dex build. Lots of fun all right. I might roll with the Tont and Axe till I get to the DLC. Never got around to playing with the scythe but I love the looks of it.

Man........Can't wait for Dark Souls 3. Hah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I just beat the first boss. I own the game about 6 months :p

Advertisement