Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

So went back to Bloodborne recently after a run through of Dark Souls 3. Had a urge to create a new character with the threaded cane and had never done the dlc.

Really enjoyed returning to it. Got up to Kos with the new character. Then went back to my original character that was at the end of NG+

So this morning I finished the chalice dungeons with my original character. Got my first platinum trophy. Yay!

This afternoon then killed Kos with the new character to wrap it up.

I do love this game but screw you cursed amydala even with the summoned NPC it took me a shedload of goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

So I got kidnapped last night and ended up in Yahar'Gul, Unseen Village, but I felt way under-powered so I just found the bell and got out of there. I fancied heading back tonight but I can't warp there? I don't even have the option. Can I not go back directly? Must I allow myself to be killed and kidnapped again?

Also, I notice on the Bloodborne wikia they have the suggested level for that area at 70 and it's left until fairly late on, whereas in the IGN walkthrough they have it pretty early, before the Forbidden Woods.

Did you leave this area until late in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Can I not go back directly? Must I allow myself to be killed and kidnapped again?
    You'll have to find the lantern to warp back it's
    at the top of the spiral stairs go up the next stairs onto the alter and it should be in front of you
    otherwise you'll have to get kidnapped again.
    Did you leave this area until late in the game?
    I got there almost as soon as possible but didn't do much there, besides grinding, until much later in the game.

Evade wrote: »
    You'll have to find the lantern to warp back it's
    at the top of the spiral stairs go up the next stairs onto the alter and it should be in front of you
    otherwise you'll have to get kidnapped again.

I got there almost as soon as possible but didn't do much there, besides grinding, until much later in the game.

Cheers. Yeah I lit that lantern on the alter but I still couldn't warp back.

But I just read a thing that says I need to approach a different headstone in the Hunter's Dream to warp to that lantern. It's not listed on the first headstone.

I have it switched off now so can't confirm but it sounds legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Its the second headstone up I think, maybe third. I normally go there early to gather Twin Shards and Chunks but for a rookie I'd wait until the story brings you there, its a very hard area, even for seasoned players.

I just suicide run as I'm fairly crap at Bloodborne :p

• Advertisement

Its the second headstone up I think, maybe third. I normally go there early to gather Twin Shards and Chunks but for a rookie I'd wait until the story brings you there, its a very hard area, even for seasoned players.

I just suicide run as I'm fairly crap at Bloodborne :p

But if I wait until the story brings me there will I miss out on the optional boss?

But if I wait until the story brings me there will I miss out on the optional boss?

Nope you can fight him at any time after the Blood Starved Beast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Nope the door to the bloodstarved beast area only opens from the optional boss side, so you have to go in via Yahar'Gul, kill the optional boss then you can open the doors. Going this route is best if you want to remain friendly with the gunner hunter on the roof, although you can still talk to him by approaching him from blood starved beast lamp also.

You may aswell practice in there anyway, the two pigs outside the church you wake up in are great for farming souls if ya need to grind some levels, easy to kill and give alot of souls. The guys with the bags are pretty easy to kill if you use a strong two hander, fully charge R2 as they approach should knock off 50% hp and then do another one when they do their channeling buff. Boom, dead or as good as..

You need to kill the BSB to get kidnapped, so once he's dead, get kidnapped and you can return to fight the optional boss anytime you like then, from the Hypogean Gaol lamp

You need to kill the BSB to get kidnapped, so once he's dead, get kidnapped and you can return to fight the optional boss anytime you like then, from the Hypogean Gaol lamp

Ah yes of course, sorry, i thought you meant the double doors unlocked when you killed BSB, my bad! :pac:

Edit: looking back over the posts im not even sure how i came to that conclusion, derp

• Advertisement

I'm stuck on Rom the Spider and I just cannot pick up a summon. I don't blame people as it's a tedious fight in a bland environment. If anyone fancies helping a brother out via password let me know. Cheers.

Its just a boring fight alright, being patient and taking your time is what will payoff, just circle around him and pick off the spiders. Spam roll when you hear/see his long range nuke coming.

Get the Tonitrus and farm until you've the strength to use it, it's in Yahar Ghul

Get the Tonitrus and farm until you've the strength to use it, it's in Yahar Ghul

I have it already and enough strength. I don't think I've used it yet actually. Is it that effective?

Yeah charged it does great damage, my only gripe with the weapon is its low durability, grand for a boss fight though..

Yeah that seems to the weapon of choice alright, but I still can't get the bastard. I've come close a few times but he's got the better of me for now.

The trouble for me is that the satisfaction of overcoming a boss doesn't outweigh the frustration built up in the process. It did at first, but not anymore.

So this is driving me absolutely bananas.

I finally got him, and no, it wasn't worth the stress.

Anyway...

Amygdala grabbed and killed me in Yahar'Gul Chapel, but I don't want to proceed to The Nightmare Frontier just yet. I want to return to the Chapel but I can't travel via the lantern. The Hypogean Gaol is also unavailable.

What exactly is going on?

Where amigdalya grabbed you, the double doors in that room should now be open also, you get teleported there after killing rom but you must have stayed on the plate for amigdalya to grab you and bring you to the nightmare frontier.

So if you dont want to do nightmare frontier yet, just make your way back to the room amigdalya grabbed you and go in the door on the opposite side.

Though at this point i would recommend doing the nightmare frontier, it is only optional though :pac:

nix wrote: »
    Where amigdalya grabbed you, the double doors in that room should now be open also, you get teleported there after killing rom but you must have stayed on the plate for amigdalya to grab you and bring you to the nightmare frontier.

So if you dont want to do nightmare frontier yet, just make your way back to the room amigdalya grabbed you and go in the door on the opposite side.

Though at this point i would recommend doing the nightmare frontier, it is only optional though :pac:

Cool, but how do I actually get back to the Chapel? I thought I'd be able to warp to the Grand Cathedral and go from there, but the Cathedral lantern isn't available to me.

Cathedral Ward, head to the Grand Cathedral where you fight Amelia and head to the right.

• Advertisement

Cathedral Ward, head to the Grand Cathedral where you fight Amelia and head to the right.

Cheers!

This whole thing seems to have shifted up a gear since Rom died. I went for a bit of a scouting run and it looks awfully bloody difficult. I also notice more of a change in creature design. I can really see that Lovecraft influence coming through.

Theres a massive difficulty spike after Rom, it actually gets easier after this it's just a very tough area

Theres a massive difficulty spike after Rom, it actually gets easier after this it's just a very tough area

That's good to hear.

I think I might leave it aside for a couple of days. It's actually starting to get under my skin. Maybe I'll play some NBA or something with daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I finally beat father gascoigne. Gwan outta that!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

I finally beat father gascoigne. Gwan outta that!

Well done. I absolutely hated him, but he seems like a distant memory now having beaten the game. You have much more fun ahead though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Put a few hours in to this at the weekend. Passes the BSB now and headed through Healing Church Workshop area.

Really enjoying it. The BSB for a bit annoyed the piss out of me but turns out it was actually easy enough.

One thing, there is a message outside the BSB to ring the bell for assistance.

I'm offline but did see that you could summon NPCs. Alfred is supposed to be summoned there but I can't even ring the bell. I just get this defunct noise. I'm on the last boss in DS3 also and have DS2 with about an hour in. Might have to give up sleeping for a while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

petes wrote: »

I'm offline but did see that you could summon NPCs. Alfred is supposed to be summoned there but I can't even ring the bell. I just get this defunct noise.

Do you have insight? You cant ring those bells with out it and each time you do ring it, it consumes one insight.

Do you have insight? You cant ring those bells with out it and each time you do ring it, it consumes one insight.

I do which is why I find it odd.

Did you speak to him and agree to Co-op?

• Advertisement

Did you speak to him and agree to Co-op?

I did, I received a prayer and something else I think. Thing is the bell doesn't ring at all. I mean as if it's not accessible. Not sure what was going on, looks like I'll not be summoning any npcs!

Advertisement