Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Laurence, The First Vicar is absolutely destroying me. I feel utterly deflated. Time for bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Laurence, The First Vicar is absolutely destroying me. I feel utterly deflated. Time for bed.

Its funny for me, first time i went for Laurence, i one shotted him. I then couldnt take him down when i leveled another character, i blamed my build/choice of weapons from what i recall :pac:

Are you using two handers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Laurence gives everyone trouble, it's a lot more manageable with the NPC summon, though you need to be in the Confederate League to summon him.

Re Parrying, when an enemy is in the FORWARD motion of their attack, shoot. Second boss is trivial if you can parry, fights still a blood rush though :p

Practise Parrying on the Brick Trolls (two through the left gate and left again from the first lamp. Central Yarnham lamp is probably easier to access the second boss from too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Was at two bosses, witch of hemwick and vicar Amelia, tried the vicar once and died and said I'd come back, then got to the witch tried a few times and died, went back and killed Amelia and then came across a strange bug. Went back to the witch and there were none of those soot monster things, so just waiting around for the witchto appear and kill here. Odd!! She still managed to kill me once though ha!

petes wrote: »
    Was at two bosses, witch of hemwick and vicar Amelia, tried the vicar once and died and said I'd come back, then got to the witch tried a few times and died, went back and killed Amelia and then came across a strange bug. Went back to the witch and there were none of those soot monster things, so just waiting around for the witchto appear and kill here. Odd!! She still managed to kill me once though ha!
    it's because you had no insight, did you notice they appear after you kill her and gain insight?

• Advertisement

it's because you had no insight, did you notice they appear after you kill her and gain insight?

Put a spoiler on mine although this question is general based on yours. Insight is the number under your echoes?

Yeah, it's used to see extraterrestrials (spoooookkkkkyyyy) it's related to seeing the world how it really is or something, literally insight into the world.

You also need 1 insight to buy (or even see) the insight messengers in the Dream, or to ring the Beckoning Bell

Yeah, it's used to see extraterrestrials (spoooookkkkkyyyy) it's related to seeing the world how it really is or something, literally insight into the world.

You also need 1 insight to buy (or even see) the insight messengers in the Dream, or to ring the Beckoning Bell

Strange that, thought I had some but now that you mentioned it I couldn't see the insight messengers, will have a look shortly when I get back in to it, thanks!

Finished, including the DLC!

Thanks to everyone for all the help along the way, including the squadron of anonymous heroes that helped me through some of the trickier bosses.

You've maybe 5-6 hours left in the main game, less possibly.

The dungeons are done on their Depth on the Dungeon Screen, so depth 1 and 2 will be piss to you, Depth 3 is end game difficulty and Depth 4 is harder than NG+, depth 5 is harder than NG+2 anyways but can be cleared by the end of NG+ if you stick at them, you get ridiculous Echo's in Depth 4 and 5 so gain quite anfew levels down there. Dungeon progress doesn't reset, I'd get to depth 3 at least before finishing NG or you'll be OP and bored of it

The DLC shouldn't be much harder than where you are now

• Advertisement

Area is the area the dungeon is in, basically means the enemies found and look of the dungeons.

Pthumerian is standard dungeon

Hintertomb is basically pthumerian but with poison

Ailing Loran is a deserty type setting

Great Isz is spatial, full of blue mushrooms and spacey stuff. You'll know it when you get that far.

Layer is the floor of the dungeon you're on

Most Pthumerian and Hintertomb dungeons have three layers, while as far as I remember all Ailing Loran and Isz have at least 4.

Every dungeon has 3, 4 or 5 layers anyways.

Depth is just the difficulty. Below is it compared to the base game imo

Depth 1 is as hard as up to Vicar Amelia

Depth 2 as far as Rom

Depth 3 is end game stuff

Depth 4 is NG+/+2

Depth 5 is harder than NG+2, I haven't reached NG+3 or +4 but I'm assuming Depth 5 is harder than those too, by the time you reach the Depth 5 dungeons you're already very skilled so you just need to go back to basics an not get hit very often, defence is the best offence here.

The DLC is probably about Depth 3 or 4.

The first headstone is for quickly joining or creating a dungeon with the Short Ritual Root Chalice, which is mainly just for random dungeon co op

All the rest are identical, they just allow you to have 7 different dungeons open at the same time, what you put where doesn't matter.

The dungeons are done on their Depth on the Dungeon Screen, so depth 1 and 2 will be piss to you, Depth 3 is end game difficulty and Depth 4 is harder than NG+, depth 5 is harder than NG+2 anyways but can be cleared by the end of NG+ if you stick at them, you get ridiculous Echo's in Depth 4 and 5 so gain quite anfew levels down there. Dungeon progress doesn't reset, I'd get to depth 3 at least before finishing NG or you'll be OP and bored of it

That sounds like the dungeons' difficulty are fixed and unaffected by what NG+ I'm on? Is that correct?

I went ahead and finished the game without really bothering with the dungeons but I'd like to go back at some stage and it would be great to think I could pick up where I left off, rather than having the whole thing even more difficult.

There was just something I didn't enjoy about them. Part of that was an impatience to continue with the main game, but on top of that they just weirded me out. The interior locations in this game are very suffocating. Totally got inside my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Yeah they're fixed difficulty. Which makes them a bit of a slog if you've bypassed the earlier stuff and you return before you can get something challenging for your level

Once I got a few dungeons deep I really liked them

On the description page for each chalice it says its depth, so yeah they're fixed and unaffected by NG cycles.

You'll blast through 1, 2 and 3 though so be warned of that

I soloed Father Gascoine in NG+ earlier, whereas I had to summon for him in my first playthrough. So I'm fairly happy with myself. However I just realised I'm more powerful this time around. But then again, so is he.

So how does that dynamic play out in the other boss battles? Gascoine definitely felt weaker this time around, but I imagine that's just early game stuff. I suspect that advantage will be short-lived and it will be business as usual with the later bosses, i.e. the distance between us will be relative to the distance between us in NG.

Is that correct?

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I soloed Father Gascoine in NG+ earlier, whereas I had to summon for him in my first playthrough. So I'm fairly happy with myself. However I just realised I'm more powerful this time around. But then again, so is he.

So how does that dynamic play out in the other boss battles? Gascoine definitely felt weaker this time around, but I imagine that's just early game stuff. I suspect that advantage will be short-lived and it will be business as usual with the later bosses, i.e. the distance between us will be relative to the distance between us in NG.

Is that correct?

The trick to gascoine is to parry, which id say alot, including myself, didnt have a clue how to do at that early point in the game, so he would naturally be easier the 2nd time around. But he can still be troublesome each time depending on the build you use..

I normally find Amelia and Rom to be the hardest NG+ bosses.

And The One Reborn but I always sucked at it.

Micolash is a dose because his arcane attack will one shot you most of the time

Halle Early Pennon, once you complete a dungeon you can remove it no problem.

The next dungeon for you is the Central Pthumerian one. The root ones are totally optional, the non root ones need to be completed. You'll have to consult the Wikias page on Chalice Dungeons to find out how to unlock each successive Pthumerian Chalice, as that's not information I deemed memorable :pac:

All the Hintertomb and Ailing Loran Dungeons are optional, I believe you need to complete the 1st or 2nd floor of the Great Isz but I could be wrong

For the layout of the Dungeons, you have the first lamp, then a hallway into the main area of the dungeon, and then a hallway to the boss chamber.

In the two hallways, there's a possibility that there will be a Golden/Bronze door off to the side. Exploring these can net you Ritual Blood, Uncanny, Lost and Cursed Weapons, Tomb Mould, Blood Gems and materials for the special challenge Dungeons I've forgotten the name of.

But yeah that's how you find Tomb Mould and Ritual Blood, you normally need to explore each Layer 100% to find everything.

You only find Tomb Mould (1) Tomb Mould (2) and Ritual Blood (1) and Ritual Blood (2) in Depth 1 Dungeons, you can find TM (2), TM (3), RB (2) and RB (3) in Depth 2 Dungeons, TM (3) and TM (4) and RB (3) and RB (4) in Depth 3 Dungeons, TM (4) and TM5, RB (4) and RB (5) in Depth 4 and finally TM (5) and RB (5) in Depth 5 Dungeons.

So basically if you need a certain levelled Tomb Mould go to a root dungeon of that depth or one lower, preferable same level as it saves you having to farm the higher level stuff later, and you can also sell surplus as it's worth more if it's higher levelled.

Right now all the Tomb Mould you're finding are Tomb Mould (1) but this'll become clearer when you beat a few Dungeons.

For the layout of the Dungeons, you have the first lamp, then a hallway into the main area of the dungeon, and then a hallway to the boss chamber.

In the two hallways, there's a possibility that there will be a Golden/Bronze door off to the side. Exploring these can net you Ritual Blood, Uncanny, Lost and Cursed Weapons, Tomb Mould, Blood Gems and materials for the special challenge Dungeons I've forgotten the name of.

But yeah that's how you find Tomb Mould and Ritual Blood, you normally need to explore each Layer 100% to find everything.

You only find Tomb Mould (1) Tomb Mould (2) and Ritual Blood (1) and Ritual Blood (2) in Depth 1 Dungeons, you can find TM (2), TM (3), RB (2) and RB (3) in Depth 2 Dungeons, TM (3) and TM (4) and RB (3) and RB (4) in Depth 3 Dungeons, TM (4) and TM5, RB (4) and RB (5) in Depth 4 and finally TM (5) and RB (5) in Depth 5 Dungeons.

So basically if you need a certain levelled Tomb Mould go to a root dungeon of that depth or one lower, preferable same level as it saves you having to farm the higher level stuff later, and you can also sell surplus as it's worth more if it's higher levelled.

Right now all the Tomb Mould you're finding are Tomb Mould (1) but this'll become clearer when you beat a few Dungeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

I'm not sure whether this topic was touched, but what's up with the Bloodborne's card game? Is it already out? I remember it was announced in spring

• Advertisement

Finished it today, don't really see much point in ng+ so just going to get stuck in to some of the dungeons!

Lads I'm planning on attempting a Bloodborne Campaign for D&D 5e, it'll be a total system overhaul so I've a lot of work ahead of me but I'm hoping it'll be a fun project to do.

I'll be wanting a few illustrations done, a few hand drawn hunters with different armour sets on, some swinging weapons, holding a torch, stuff like that, probably only 8-10 total and then a few beasts like Amygdala, Scourge Beasts etc.

Anyways, if anyone would like to do some illustrations for me please do, I would really appreciate it. If you'd like to help, I can give details on what exactly I'm after. Any artistic friends who are familiar with the game are okay too ;)

The campaign will be distributed freely, you will of course get an acknowledgement in the book and all illustrations can be watermarked. If I do somehow get donations for the campaign, I will be happy to pass on some to artists.

I'm good at maths, not writing so I'm not asking for Bob Ross standard, I'm begging for submissions, you don't need to have any D&D experience for this obviously.

If anyone is familiar with 5e I can send on manuscripts as I complete them for critiquing, feedback will of course be welcomed.

Thanks guys.

€25 brand new in argos for anybody interested, and for those that dont know about it, get in there! Finest slice of gaming in the last 15 years.

I just got done playing the **** out of it all over again, bosses STILL had me on edge despite knowing the tactics... Nearly popped a vain in my head on ludwig, like 15+ attempts... and then i go and one shot kos??? >_<

EDIT: and €37 for the GOTY edition which has the amazing DLC, but you can prob get the dlc on the PSN for €10ish anyway so id go with the €25 one above

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

nix wrote:
    EDIT: and €37 for the GOTY edition which has the amazing DLC, but you can prob get the dlc on the PSN for €10ish anyway so id go with the €25 one above

GOTY is 30 in CeX but lowish stock. Don't bother with Carlow, they lost that one!

Anyone doing return to Yarnham?

wjmNmNO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Heard that figurines were being released for this, a Lady Maria one too and I thought "Awesome, will definitely get that!" Unfortunately then I read they're more like statues and will be around 30 inches tall and cost about $800. Hopes quickly dashed.

They look amazing though...

Hunter.

Maria.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I don't usually go in for this kind of thing, but very nicely done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

weiland79 wrote: »
    I don't usually go in for this kind of thing, but very nicely done.

Oops see I'm late with this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

There is a Figma Hunter coming out later this year that should set you back around a more wallet friendly €70.

Siona1487464090.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Need to complete this game as it handed my ass to me and smiled. I got stuck at Vicar Amelia (skipped Beast which I dont think I should have done.) Despite the absolute ass kicking it gave me, I love the game and just the style. Its the video game equivalent of an abusive relation ship. It doesn't matter how hard it beats you, you keep going back cuz you love it.

Advertisement