Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

Does anyone know if the goty edition has the dlc on disc or not ? Most results from my search indicate yes but just double checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Does anyone know if the goty edition has the dlc on disc or not ? Most results from my search indicate yes but just double checking.

Yeah its got the DLC, 99.9% sure on that, enjoy! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For anyone who watches IGN's let's play of Dark Souls, which is one of the best things on YouTube, they hinted today they will be doing Bloodborne next. Can't recommend it enough if it pops up for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    For anyone who watches IGN's let's play of Dark Souls, which is one of the best things on YouTube, they hinted today they will be doing Bloodborne next. Can't recommend it enough if it pops up for ye.

Never watch Lets Plays but those guys are the exception. They're great craic.

Rory is probably too good at the game at this stage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm not a fan of let's plays or ign but like you said, they are the exception. The did a live Prepare to Try in a pub in England last month, would love to have gone to it. I think Bloodborne is just different enough to give him a challenge. Dark Souls 2 would be pointless.

• Advertisement

So have this and my ps4 a few weeks now and stuck it on tonight to have a break from mass effect on xbox. I'm not committing to it yet just wanted to see what it was like. I;ve seen video etc and heard people rave but I wasn't prepared for this. Can't wait to get mass effect out of the way now.

I remember saying here I wished I could forget playing dark souls so I could play it again this is pretty close to getting that wish from what I played . Killed the cleric and got mauled by a giant pig as I was exploring. I have that sense of not knowing what is going on or where the **** I should go but with the combat feeling so familiar I only died twice while exploring blind.

My pistol seemed very ineffective on anything I used it on and big things melted from 2 handed charged attacks. Like the big guy banging on the door early on I took out with 1 charged hit.

If the rest of the games level design is like this it's dark souls all over again. It felt like a much more elaborately designed undead burg / parish

I'll have questions later when I get back to this for a full run, but 1st one for now is the guy in the intro , is that his corpse you see very early on ? and gear doesn't seem to have weight like dark souls ? so no fat rolls? or maybe I missed it :confused:

EDIT: And am I wasting my time hitting walls? Or are there ones hiding stuff like DS?

So have this and my ps4 a few weeks now and stuck it on tonight to have a break from mass effect on xbox. I'm not committing to it yet just wanted to see what it was like. I;ve seen video etc and heard people rave but I wasn't prepared for this. Can't wait to get mass effect out of the way now.

I remember saying here I wished I could forget playing dark souls so I could play it again this is pretty close to getting that wish from what I played . Killed the cleric and got mauled by a giant pig as I was exploring. I have that sense of not knowing what is going on or where the **** I should go but with the combat feeling so familiar I only died twice while exploring blind.

My pistol seemed very ineffective on anything I used it on and big things melted from 2 handed charged attacks. Like the big guy banging on the door early on I took out with 1 charged hit.

If the rest of the games level design is like this it's dark souls all over again.

I'll have questions later when I get back to this for a full run, but 1st one for now is the guy in the intro , is that his corpse you see very early on ? and gear doesn't seem to have weight like dark souls ? so no fat rolls? or maybe I missed it :confused:

Yeah no weight load crap, you move the same speed all the time.

Your pistol isnt for damage its for parrying, it works like the shield in dark souls, shoot the enemy just as they are about to land their attack to knock them to their knees and follow up with a visceral R1 attack. Very useful for taking out big mobs like that ogre banging on the door.

nix wrote: »
    Yeah no weight load crap, you move the same speed all the time.

Your pistol isnt for damage its for parrying, it works like the shield in dark souls, shoot the enemy just as they are about to land their attack to knock them to their knees and follow up with a visceral R1 attack. Very useful for taking out big mobs like that ogre banging on the door.

Ha ha ha I missed the part explaining that so :D

Thats actually really interesting as you have a 20 bullet limit and rest go to storage. Another thing I haven't worked out is healing. I get healed in combat with out using anything but haven't worked out how, I'm thinking it's down to timing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Another thing I haven't worked out is healing. I get healed in combat with out using anything but haven't worked out how, I'm thinking it's down to timing?
    If you attack just after getting hit you get some of your health back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I'm going to have to get the guts to try this again. 2 days I played it and got to what I think was the first boss
    (some huge mofo on the bridge)
    and was promptly destroyed. I was chuffed getting that far as in the 2 days prior I could only ever get to the second area where your woman laughs when you knock on her door. The curses from me. Such gaming induced rage like never before.

• Advertisement

I'm going to have to get the guts to try this again. 2 days I played it and got to what I think was the first boss
    (some huge mofo on the bridge)
    and was promptly destroyed. I was chuffed getting that far as in the 2 days prior I could only ever get to the second area where your woman laughs when you knock on her door. The curses from me. Such gaming induced rage like never before.

For that boss lock on circle around him to his back you are pretty safe there, use 2 handed R2 charged attacks when it's safe, that knocks chunks out of him. If you get grabbed you have time to heal and get behind him again, just.

Easy for me to say I know with knowledge of the dark souls games coming into this.

Just make sure when you are exploring there are several gates you can open near where you spawn that make getting back to where you died easier and faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I thought you where replying to yourself there :D:D:D

So got back to it tonight, picked up form were I left off on the bridge. Thought I'd just have to more forward to progress but no that's a dead end and that was an optional boss.

More exploring got some hunter gear and a saw spear. Think I found the way forward then when I was in the sewers, killed a giant pig and arrived at an arch which I just knew was going to fog behind me and it did :D

Got him to beast stage and what I learned was I really don;t know what to do with the guns , the early stages of this really make it clear you need to be using R2 on him then countering but I'm not seeing how to do it consistently. Is there anywhere I can practice this at this point in the game. I don't want to use wiki's etc at this stage.

Besides that the main reason I died in that fight was the ****ing gravestones , getting caught in them is a cheap death in my book, and as I'm typing this it's dawned on me this is the father of the girl who gave me something earlier ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

When the enemies weapon is in forward momentum, shoot.

Works every time.

Also the gravestones aren't cheap imo, they force awareness of the arena. If you know the clear areas, they can be used to your advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Besides that the main reason I died in that fight was the ****ing gravestones , getting caught in them is a cheap death in my book, and as I'm typing this it's dawned on me this is the father of the girl who gave me something earlier ??????

Try going upstairs.

When the enemies weapon is in forward momentum, shoot.

Works every time.

Also the gravestones aren't cheap imo, they force awareness of the arena. If you know the clear areas, they can be used to your advantage.

Ok if you can see them but a lot of time I side or back stepped and had him block me rolling out , like where I was caught I couldn't evade out of at all . Trying to think of another boss fight in a souls game thats happened. I get what your saying though you can use them to cover you from his gun etc , just in this situation I did feel I got screwed by that and not myself.

sweetie wrote: »
    Try going upstairs.

A brooch?

I managed to finish the game without really getting the hang of parrying I just abused dodging.

Evade wrote: »
    I managed to finish the game without really getting the hang of parrying I just abused dodging.

Not just a clever user name then eh ? :D

A thing to do, go to the first lamp back at the start of the game, the one you climb to up the ladder. Where the npc in the window is (Gilbert) and go through the gates on the left and continue down the stairs keeping to the left to where the two ogres are, good place to practice parrying. You can also farm health vials from them also, i done that for a good bit when i was starting the game back in the day.

Shoot them when they're at the stages of landing their strike on you, not when they are winding it up, if that makes sense?

But eh, dont got disheartened by Gascoigne, hes one of the toughest bosses in the game, who will always give you trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I haven't even played the game but having watched the Gascoigne fight.....hes some bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

A brooch?

No, literally. Also use the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Agree with the above statements, Gascoigne is indeed a bastard and a big step up from the regular mobs encountered along the way. Most people find him hard because you fight him early in the game and alot of people may still be getting the feel for the flow of combat.

Talking about it now makes me want to play through it again but my PS4 is broken and i don't think id be able to stand the poor frame pacing and 30FPS after gaming exclusively on PC for the last half year. If they released a 60FPS Bloodborne for the PS4Pro id pick both up in a heartbeat

sweetie wrote: »
    No, literally. Also use the item.

I assumed that was
    the girls mother I picked it up from ,should I not give it to her
    :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I assumed that was
    the girls mother I picked it up from ,should I not give it to her
    :confused:

You do give that to her.
    and as I'm typing this it's dawned on me this is the father of the girl who gave me something earlier ??????

No, he's referring to the something the girl gave you.

Whats the significance of the shape of the sockets on weapons? Is it better if you use a gem that matches the socket shape? I mean it lets me socket any shape form the looks of it.

Droplets are universal the other shapes need the right slot.

Left the cathedral old woman this there but no sign of the girl , maybe I told her to go to the clinic. Anyway out the door next to the old woman I went and picked up a hunter set , and was somehow lifted way up in the air and slammed back down while I was in the menus :D

EDIT: Doesn't seem to be anywhere I can go in cathedral ward at the moment ? I found the exit to Old Yharnam so I guess I should push on that way?

More questions guys, I only ask as I want to avoid the wiki as much as I can if not totally this run. What is the significance of the day/ night cycle? Just beat the Vicar and interacted with the skull for a cutscene and it's night time now?

Also took down starving beast he melted with that flamesprayer from gilbert :pac: but I got the impression that there was no real reason for going that way? As in he was entirely optional?

Also unsure where to go next I recall a door with a password I found earlier and two routes to the left and right of the Vicar boss:confused:

• Advertisement

More questions guys, I only ask as I want to avoid the wiki as much as I can if not totally this run. What is the significance of the day/ night cycle? Just beat the Vicar and interacted with the skull for a cutscene and it's night time now?
    Enemies are tougher at night IIRC.
    Also unsure where to go next I recall a door with a password I found earlier and two routes to the left and right of the Vicar boss:confused:
    Pick either left or right you'll have to do both eventually.

Advertisement