Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

You get the password for the door by interacting with the skull after Amelia. The left and right areas are optional, well the left is, not so sure about the right. All optional areas are well worth doing with one that is hard to find (Missed it on my first ever playthrough)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

The left and right areas are optional,
    Do you not have to do the left part to
    take the carriage to Forsaken Castle Cainhurst
    or am I thinking of somewhere else?

Evade wrote: »
    Do you not have to do the left part to
    take the carriage to Forsaken Castle Cainhurst
    or am I thinking of somewhere else?

You do, but that whole area is optional, including
    Cainhurst
    It's pretty crazy and kinda cool that a whole area like that is easily missed

Calling it a night just died and revived someplace new :confused:

Assume thats because of something I did ?

You do, but that whole area is optional, including
    Cainhurst
    It's pretty crazy and kinda cool that a whole area like that is easily missed
    I had no idea all that was optional.

Calling it a night just died and revived someplace new confused.png

Assume thats because of something I did ?
    Were you grabbed by something?

• Advertisement

I had no idea all that was optional.

Were you grabbed by something?

Was fighting a new enemy with a cloak and a longish hand and a tonne of HP, was pretty slow but he was talking a fair beating then he went nuts when HP got low and killed me I woke up not at the lamp I was expecting but a new area.

EDIT: In the middle of looking it up , was a snatcher, because I killed the starving beast from the looks of it.

Was fighting a new enemy with a cloak and a longish hand and a tonne of HP, was pretty slow but he was talking a fair beating then he went nuts when HP got low and killed me I woke up not at the lamp I was expecting but a new area.

EDIT: In the middle of looking it up , was a snatcher, because I killed the starving beast from the looks of it.
    That area can be tough. The lamp is
    up the spiral stairs in a hall and up the steps.

That area can be tough. The lamp is
    up the spiral stairs in a hall and up the steps.

Cheers, had a list of stuff to do and this wasn't part of the plan :D

Design wise I'm loving this so far second only to the original Dark Souls at the moment imo. Combat-wise though I'm playing two handed for the most part which was how I played DS too , I actually found a wooden shield earlier and used it and then realised quite quickly it was likely a troll item :rolleyes:

I used the cane sword for pretty much the whole game. The whip mode is good for crowd control.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

There's no day night cycle so to speak, the game progresses from day to night as you complete the story, it doesn't return to day though. New areas can open as you progress through the night though.

You want to head to the left of the Grand Cathedral for the optional area, it's where you get the
    Caryll Rune Tool

Next story area is a big locked door in the cathedral ward area.

The Cane Whip is unreal, toss up between it and the Blades of Mercy for my favourite weapon. Though Simons Bowblade is fairly class too.

• Advertisement

Hmmmm big locked door? Healing Church Workshop opened up and there is a small locked door up at the top. Managed to find my way all the way down and spotted another door on the way...... an hour and many falls to my doom later and I got in there to be very surprised kind of similar to what they did in DS3 with the alt firelink shrine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

There's no day night cycle so to speak, the game progresses from day to night as you complete the story, it doesn't return to day though. New areas can open as you progress through the night though.

You want to head to the left of the Grand Cathedral for the optional area, it's where you get the
    Caryll Rune Tool

Next story area is a big locked door in the cathedral ward area.

The Cane Whip is unreal, toss up between it and the Blades of Mercy for my favourite weapon. Though Simons Bowblade is fairly class too.

I've been using Kirkhammer.
    I'm not that far into the game..maybe 2 or 3 bosses in.
    I haven't really found any other armor yet either.

In the forest of Byrgen or something....some really horrible place with lots of snipers

SeantheMan wrote: »

In the forest of Byrgen or something....some really horrible place with lots of snipers

Theres a few sets that become available once you kill some bosses etc or find the badges but you have to buy them with insight in hunters dream. The set I found hidden in Old Yharnam looks like it will be handy should I need fire resistance.

Reminds me to try out the Kirkhammer I'm still using the great axe from the starting choices. Have it at +4 but think I should try some other ones before committing any more materials to it. Have a gem I got from somewhere that gives it an extra 12% vs beasts

SeantheMan wrote: »

Down to the left by the Cathedral you fight Amelia in? Its a pretty short stretch you're in, so its not too bad, just a pain to explore until you find the next lamp.

There's a great (my favourite) armour set in Central Yarnham, close enough to the first lamp and the Cleric Beast. You can buy the Alt version for like 2500 Echo's in the dream.
    Hmmmm big locked door? Healing Church Workshop opened up and there is a small locked door up at the top. Managed to find my way all the way down and spotted another door on the way...... an hour and many falls to my doom later and I got in there to be very surprised kind of similar to what they did in DS3 with the alt firelink shrine.

I'm purposely being vague, I guessed you wanted to explore yourself.

Hunters Shrine came first, its cool as hell though isn't it? Sweet armour inside

The weapons are really great in this game, there are so many hidden moves to be discovered with each one. Its not your standard Dark Souls movesets with R1/R2, Running R1/R2 and rolling R1/R2. You have all that with each string being unique instead of just being a repeat of two animations, then you have L2 with its own moveset and L1 mid combo for more interesting combos. Not to mention all the R1 and R2 combos are different in both forms of each weapon. Amazing Game i hope From makes another with the same kind of weapon mechanics

The gun + r1 is immensely satisfying when I get it to work, and also how they did the weapon upgrades you can swap stuff in and out and not permanently alter them.

Guys where do I find the workshop tool to use runes, feeling like I should have it by now as I've 3 or 4 in my inventory :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 harmarsuperlar

Guys where do I find the workshop tool to use runes, feeling like I should have it by now as I've 3 or 4 in my inventory :confused:

Have you gotten to the
    Witches of Hemwick
    boss fight? It's in a room past them.

Have you gotten to the
    Witches of Hemwick
    boss fight? It's in a room past them.

Oh what luck, just got there was a toss up between going left or right at the cathedral and went left :)

Edit: Couple of nasty surprises in that area, f'n dogs. It actually reminded me of the run up to the abyss watchers in DS3

Went to the Gaol again last night, some horrible enemies there that you really can't allow near you and they all move fast. Had 3 attempts at Paarl, need more bolt resistance for a start I think, I can see what I need to do ie not lock on and get under him but his speed vs the camera speed means your often left blind :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

It's fun to read someone going through this game for the first time!

On another note I got the plat trophy but never got my theme for doing so. Do i have to do something else to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

weiland79 wrote: »
    It's fun to read someone going through this game for the first time!

On another note I got the plat trophy but never got my theme for doing so. Do i have to do something else to get it?

You need to change your PSN account settings to allow email communications from Sony. You can also contact Playstation support who will send on the theme to you.

Got through Forbidden Woods, really enjoyable area. Another place very reminiscent of some areas from previous souls games. That cannon though , didn't see that coming :pac:

Bosses fell on my first attempt , From could have made that much harder if they moved faster, but it was easy enough to use the cover and keep them apart. Almost died when they unexpectedly summoned giant snakes.

Decided to go back and look at Nightmare Frontier . Wouldn't have been so hard if not for the rock throwers and poison. Took me longer than I care to admit to get around to some items I spotted only to be knocked off a cliff by what I assume is spider patches , I'll have vengeance later :mad:

Eventually got to amygdala , another big one but slower than others so went with instinct and stayed underneath her to attack the legs , her jump doesn't seem to affect you if you stand still ? Anyway I hacked way and realised I was doing no damage there so I've obviously missed a weak spot or something. Might try locking on and circling from distance next time to see but I've little or nothing that can attack her from that range.

You're sharp Enfilade, that's the problem, a lot of people struggle with the Shadows.

How did you get to the Frontier so early though?

You can beat the Amygdala just by hacking its legs but it takes ages until they start bleeding.

You're sharp Enfilade, that's the problem, a lot of people struggle with the Shadows.

How did you get to the Frontier so early though?

You can beat the Amygdala just by hacking its legs but it takes ages until they start bleeding.

There were a bunch of notes in Forbidden woods infront of a house with a lamp which in hindsight was probably Patches I didn't immediately recognise the voice.

Anyway he said to look for an abandoned church right of the great cathedral so when I killed the shadows I went there instead of pushing on and tried to open the door I was grabbed but it didn't kill me like the one that did me in in Cathedral Ward near the start.

Actually now I'm reminded that after talking to him at the village window I went left there and died in a poison lake while trying to get to items, with the runes I have now from the frontier I can get through there more easily, think with those and gear I had 499 slow poison resistance.

Hit a brick wall with rom, actually had to farm echos to buy more bolt paper and pellets etc after a series of failed attempts. Once I saw how the fight plays out I stopped killing the ads, usually then what kills me is getting blindsided and having them jump on me.

Also I'll take estus over blood vials any day, having to farm those is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That ****ing spider took me so long. It looked like it wasn't gonna happen at all. Felt like a zombie repeating it over and over and then randomly beat him. The elation....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Hit a brick wall with rom, actually had to farm echos to buy more bolt paper and pellets etc after a series of failed attempts. Once I saw how the fight plays out I stopped killing the ads, usually then what kills me is getting blindsided and having them jump on me.

Also I'll take estus over blood vials any day, having to farm those is a pain.

I fARM THE TWO GIANT PIGS NEAR EACH OTHER IN (****ing caps lock) hypogean gaol, just kill both of them and run back to lamp, out and back in to reset and kill again, they are easy to kill and drop like 3-4 vials each usually, and they can drop a load of echoes.. you might level up some with the echoes, or just blow the echoes on vials ;)

nix wrote: »
    I fARM THE TWO GIANT PIGS NEAR EACH OTHER IN (****ing caps lock) hypogean gaol, just kill both of them and run back to lamp, out and back in to reset and kill again, they are easy to kill and drop like 3-4 vials each usually, and they can drop a load of echoes.. you might level up some with the echoes, or just blow the echoes on vials ;)

Ha once I saw those slimy f'ers and the notes in which amounted to big neon arrows in the lecture building, I knew a souls echoes farm when I saw one :D

I've resisted so far though. Think I've under invested in HP to be honest, I hit strength and endurance pretty hard. those are at 30 and 22 respectively though I've runes that can give me a combined 15% HP that stat itself is at 18

EDIT: Also looks like there aren't many playing this , I've been ringing the bells after bosses for another go like I did in dark souls before moving on to the next area for extra echoes etc and when I enter an area for pvp. Haven't been invaded once or found a co-op after a boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

EDIT: Also looks like there aren't many playing this , I've been ringing the bells after bosses for another go like I did in dark souls before moving on to the next area for extra echoes etc and when I enter an area for pvp. Haven't been invaded once or found a co-op after a boss.

Yeah id say alot of the player base is playing the new DS3 expansion at the mo, its better PvP wise. I wonder why they never bothered to improve the pvp in Bloodborne :confused:

Advertisement