Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

Still working on chalice dungeons for trophies, noticeable ramping up in difficulty once you move to ailing loran. Ones before that were cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The dungeons depth is its difficulty, there's depth 5 Pthumerian too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Still working on chalice dungeons for trophies, noticeable ramping up in difficulty once you move to ailing loran. Ones before that were cake.
    I think the idea was that you'd do them as you progressed through the game for some extra blood echoes but most people seem to leave them until the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Making my way through the Forbidden Forest and eventually found and opened the gate beside the lantern. It is as big a relief as finding a brand new lantern.

Still on the chalice dungeons , on the cursed one now. Lost count of how many attempts it too to kill the keeper of the old lords :mad:

And I've the feeling there's worse to come :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Still on the chalice dungeons , on the cursed one now. Lost count of how many attempts it too to kill the keeper of the old lords :mad:

And I've the feeling there's worse to come :(

Yeah defiled is, to me the hardest chalice dungeon

nix wrote: »
    Yeah defiled is, to me the hardest chalice dungeon

Same as that, if only for bull****

Deffo bs when I had to go and buy a kirkhammer and get it to +6 so I could stunlock the bastard and even then there were many 1 hit deaths when I screwed up timing and took 3 swings instead of 2 before shooting or I let him fire up his sword.

Just looking at whats ahead Amygdala could be a headache.

Amygdala

She is, unless you know the fight inside out, its gonna be frustrating, one hit kills usually.

nix wrote: »
    She is, unless you know the fight inside out, its gonna be frustrating, one hit kills usually.

Think I was able to stun her with the cannon last time, but given her health I'll need way more than 2 shots. Moot anyway I've the dog in my way now, I ditched the NPC as he was drawing it's agro I need it facing me not away from me. Feels like I'm doing very little damage to it , I'll have to check wiki to see if it's resistant to blunt.

• Advertisement

Summoned help on the Watch Dog and got him 1st time. I've played the whole game up to now with my network settings set to local as opposed to world wide. Little wonder I've not seen anyone :rolleyes:

You guys weren't wrong about the headless bloodletting beast :mad:

Had him down to 3/4 on my second attempt but everything after that has been a f'n lottery. Sometimes I'll be fine until halfway and others I'll get smashed in seconds.

EDIT: Must have un-jinxed myself with this post bastards down, "Oh, good hunter" :D

Finished the chalice dungeons last night, so thats platinum. Going to get into the DLC later but it struck me today and I was thinking were they wrong to hide that particular boss behind all those dungeons? Should it have been in the main course of the game given you encounter her late on before another boss fight?

I've yet to do some reading on the lore though I think I've a reasonable grasp of it , more so than I did with dark souls when I first played it.

Finished the chalice dungeons last night, so thats platinum. Going to get into the DLC later but it struck me today and I was thinking were they wrong to hide that particular boss behind all those dungeons? Should it have been in the main course of the game given you encounter her late on before another boss fight?

I've yet to do some reading on the lore though I think I've a reasonable grasp of it , more so than I did with dark souls when I first played it.

Nice!

No i kind of like how they made her separate, gave the chalice dungeons a sort of uniqueness and reason to clear.

And there is so much to the lore, loads of great vids on youtube, im not one to read every item i pick up, i probably should get into the trend more though :D

Wow the DLC is good. Some the most fun areas to explore in the game over all. Just running around the research hall now, dying was actually a good thing as it led me back to the bottom to meet 2 NPC's.

Wrapped this up tonight. Over all it's 2nd for me behind Dark Souls in the Souls games. DLC was superb. The right length and very high quality. Bosses were great but were kittens after having come through the chalice dungeons all fell in 1st or 2nd attempts. My parry / visceral really started to gel in the the DLC .... finally. Because of all the hunters and chaining 3 to finish Maria was epic, reminds we to check the video I got of that one.

I'll shelve it for a while and then do ng+ main motivation for doing that will be to try out all the new weapons from the DLC. Simon's bow and the whirllygig saw look particularly interesting.

Has anyone played though it with an arcane build or points in bloodtinge ? Seems like that really wouldn't be an easy one on NG and only viable on NG+ or late NG when you have the gear to benefit from it?

As usual my main criticism of these games is not allowing use of save slots, purely from a weapons upgrade point of view. Having to back up saves to cloud and back when putting materials in to new weapons to try them out is a pain. You can look at the numbers on the wiki but isn't the same as swinging a +9 or +10 against an enemy for yourself.

Bloodtinge is very difficult until you get the Bowblade.

I went to Cainhurst at the earliest opportunity though, which may have added to my struggle.

It was a breeze after I got the Bowblade, great weapon.

Bloodtinge is very difficult until you get the Bowblade.

I went to Cainhurst at the earliest opportunity though, which may have added to my struggle.

It was a breeze after I got the Bowblade, great weapon.

Some decent progress made tonight. I got past Rom The Spider Baby and a couple of hunters.

The cutscene after Rom was bizarre! Now there's stuff hanging off the ceilings that wasn't there before!

When leveling for a bloodtinge or arcane build you're gonna want to raise strength or skill up to 25 at the very least, depending on the weapon you want.. So i just focus that for the early levels along with vigor/endurance, then start dumping into tinge or arcance.

Id tend to level up to 120 anyway, so my stats would end with 30 vigor, 20 endurance, and then 50 in each of the other two stats im leveling. So the last build i done awhile back was for the bloodletter, so i focused on str mostly at the start as you dont get the bloodletter until near the end of the DLC.
    So end stats would be

Vigor: 30
    Endurance: 20
    Strength: 50 (C scaling)
    Bloodtinge: 50 (B scaling)

And then i used a rune to enhance HP and the other two to increase endurance, SORTED :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Ok so I picked this up again - The game really should have a warning on the cover "Will induce episodes of psychotic rage".

Firstly, I haven't downloaded any updates are they necessary?

Secondly, I've done much better than the last time I had it. I've opened up numerous shortcuts that I didn't know existed (last time I had it I kept walking through Central Yarnham unawares
    that the gate next to Gilberts could be open.

I got the
    music box
    (does this do anything???), I've also got and consumed the hunter something (forget what it called but it on a dead person behind three crows just before you speak to the kid who gives you the
    music box.

That Cleric Beast keeps kicking my arse. The camera keeps going behind a wall so I'm between it and the wall and can't see myself, not that it would help if I could as the best I've been able to achieve with him is approx a little under half of his health.

Last time I played I was able to summon an NPC to assist but don't seem to have that option anymore. I have a beckoning bell but it's greyed out all the time and after checking online I'm supposed to return to Hunters Dream and get some sort of message from those little dudes on the stairs but they aren't there.

Do yis reckon the updates will help any of the above? Particularly the dodgy camera and the summoning of the NPC.

Also, I tried loading this on my own profile but it got stuck on the screenshot before getting to the game menu. When I open another profile it plays fine but on my own it keeps getting stuck so I end up playing on a different profile.

Aside from the fact I'm now bald and have aged about 30 years since Friday it's a good game.

EDIT TO ADD: Just checked a Bloodborne Wiki and it does appear that an upgrade is required in order to summon NPC's to assist offline. Update file is 9GB, better buy a data add on to get this.

The item you mentioned in the spoilers can be used during the
    Father Gascoigne
    boss fight a few times to
    stun him but it will send him to his beast phase faster than usual
    if used 3 times.

The cleric beast is entirely optional as far as I can tell (behind it is a dead end), with the update there will be a summon near by but just stay close and behind it and swing for the fences. it's attacks are easily telegraphed.

Another NPC you haven't mentioned
    Eileen the crow
    is near by too, you can speak to her and get her side quest underway.

The item you mentioned in the spoilers can be used during the
    Father Gascoigne
    boss fight a few times to
    stun him but it will send him to his beast phase faster than usual
    if used 3 times.

The cleric beast is entirely optional as far as I can tell (behind it is a dead end), with the update there will be a summon near by but just stay close and behind it and swing for the fences. it's attacks are easily telegraphed.

Another NPC you haven't mentioned
    Eileen the crow
    is near by too, you can speak to her and get her side quest underway.

Hahahahaha you're not serious are you? I came close to throwing my controller through the telly, punching holes in walls, was screaming curses at the top of my voice and the fckuing thing is optional? You're joking aren't you?

I see you're right after asking the google but now have to wonder now if I need to beat the fecker regardless, got some pride at stake here. Or will I just move on to save myself from pain. Decisions decisions.

Ha I kid you not, it looks like it's the way forward, door behind him and all only for it to be shut tight.

It's an early troll I think, the game pretty much leads you that way when the real way forward is on the other bridge that isn't as obvious to get to.

The next part is the first major pressure point of the game, once thats done you'll be cool for ages.

I'd download the updates, load times are a pain in the ass on the unpatched version, if even just for that.

Re: Cleric Beast, fight lengthways on the bridge, don't even try to attack him, just dodge, dodge every attack from every angle and always reset to fighting lengthways, until you can dodge competently for 30 seconds or so. If you stay in the middle looking down the bridge, you shouldn't have camera issues.

After that, its just a matter of whittling him down. Every boss in these games is a marathon, not a sprint, if you go in all guns blazing there's not a hope of finishing the game.

Hahahahaha you're not serious are you? I came close to throwing my controller through the telly, punching holes in walls, was screaming curses at the top of my voice and the fckuing thing is optional? You're joking aren't you?

I see you're right after asking the google but now have to wonder now if I need to beat the fecker regardless, got some pride at stake here. Or will I just move on to save myself from pain. Decisions decisions.

Hes optional but i advise killing him, the next boss (not optional) is much much more difficult.

I cannot express the sheer joy I got on seeing the words "Prey Slaughtered" after a nerve racking battle with Father Gascoigne. I swear, no game has EVER given me a feeling of satisfaction as good as that. The F, B, C, W words became whoops and who hooos. Feeling oh so confident I went back to Central Yarnham to return
    the red broach to the little girl
    and slaughtered everyone who had previously pissed me off
    that bit on the bridge just before Gascoigne where you kill the dudes only to be pummelled by a giant fireball
    was hilarious. Only happens once of course.

On I went into Cathedral Ward. Again confidence is huge and I battle my way through old men with hats, wooden shields, some new dudes carrying lanterns and I meet
    Alfred
    and get two pieces information and I return to the lamp to level up before exploring further. In the yard where the two dudes with the lanterns are I see something flashing at the back. Cool says I, some new threads. Suddenly there's a woosh sort of sound building, a vortex like thing starts building and I'm picked up into the air and Frenzy or something is on the screen followed by "You Died". WTF!!! Was that a glitch or does it happen to everyone? I did keep going back to the same place and I'd hear a woosh noise but I'd leg it before it really kept going.

Anyway, I can't get past a gate so I've had to head to down to Old Yarnham. That period of super self confidence has passed and I'm back to swearing at the PS4. For a couple of hours I laughed my head off at the dying but it's right back to pissing me off again :mad:

Oh and does anybody know what the hell is going on with this game and my PS4? As said above, when I put the disc in and try to start under my own profile it gets stuck on the Bloodborne screen and doesn't go to the main menu at all.

I setup another profile, and it launches and plays fine. I really don't understand it and have never experienced it before. Has anyone?

The thing that randomly killed you is explained later on, nice work with Fr Gas.

Never heard of any problem like you have with the profiles though

• Advertisement

That period of super self confidence has passed and I'm back to swearing at the PS4. For a couple of hours I laughed my head off at the dying but it's right back to pissing me off again :mad:

That sounds familiar! At the start it's usually a step forward and two or three back. If you've beaten Father Gascoigne you're well able though.

Many times I came up against a roadblock which I was convinced I couldn't pass. You figure it out though. I still get stuck today but I'm starting to figure it out quicker than before.

Advertisement