Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Always buff Health and Stamina, Strength/Skill/Bloodtinge/Arcane should just depend on what weapons you plan on using.

Bloodtinge and Arcane are handy to bump to 15-20 if you use guns or hunter tools a lot, if you don't just consider them dump stats.

Found I was putting way more into health in this than I'd ever done in the Dark Souls games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

My neighbours must think I'm mad. Just defeated Amelia and jumped around my room screaming "YOU FCKUING BEAUTY" at the top of my voice. Honestly the sense of accomplishment in this game is like nothing I have ever experienced before.

Picked up Dark Souls 3 GOTY yesterday so that's something else to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

How did folks here level u? . First profile I mainly focused on strength and skill. This time round was HP and endurance which (for me) seemed the better way. Then I focused on strength and skill. These are all now around the 20 mark but Bloodtinge and Arkane are still low (approx 10). Am I better off now focusing on these when levelling up now? Most of my weapons are +4. Poxy twin shards are now impossible to find.

Did my first dungeon. 3 different bosses in it. Handy enough to my surprise

I made a post recently with a stats guideline, ill re-quote below:
    nix wrote: »
    When leveling for a bloodtinge or arcane build you're gonna want to raise strength or skill up to 25 at the very least, depending on the weapon you want.. So i just focus that for the early levels along with vigor/endurance, then start dumping into tinge or arcance.

Id tend to level up to 120 anyway, so my stats would end with 30 vigor, 20 endurance, and then 50 in each of the other two stats im leveling. So the last build i done awhile back was for the bloodletter, so i focused on str mostly at the start as you dont get the bloodletter until near the end of the DLC.
    So end stats would be

Vigor: 30
    Endurance: 20
    Strength: 50 (C scaling)
    Bloodtinge: 50 (B scaling)

And then i used a rune to enhance HP and the other two to increase endurance, SORTED :P

Jesus Christ those Forbidden Woods are gonna give me a coronary. I'd say playing without earphones would certainly detract from the experience.

• Advertisement

Those Shadow of Yharnham are destroying me. Managed to get rid of one and now they start these long range feckin attacks. Wtf like. Hate to think what the third transformation will be (considering beasts have 3 changes so presume that what they going for). The forest was bad enough.

I can't give up having got this far can I?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

No you can't, we believe in you Nick!
    The guy with the katana is the one to kill first, then the firebreather

No you can't, we believe in you Nick!
    The guy with the katana is the one to kill first, then the firebreather

Cheers man. He's the one I got then the other 2 (and him just before he died)
    could do a long range hit that covered half the distance between us with what looked like their tongues).

Ah I'll get there eventually. I've tried about 5 times at this stage. Other bosses took me days.

Don't forget to use the cover to block ranged and be on your guard for later in the fight. Try and keep your health full too that other attack can wreck you fast.

Am not 100% on outfits. Do they make much of a difference?
    I've a few stored but currently have in inventory :
    Black Church hat and garb
    White church hat, garb and trousers
    Black hooded iron helm
    Ya'hargal gloves and trousers black
    Gascoigne s garb
    Graveyard robe, Manchester and graveyard kilt.

I'm wearing the graveyard stuff coz they the last I found and where great for poison. Maybe should change to something with better physical Def.

• Advertisement

Am not 100% on outfits. Do they make much of a difference?
    I've a few stored but currently have in inventory :
    Black Church hat and garb
    White church hat, garb and trousers
    Black hooded iron helm
    Ya'hargal gloves and trousers black
    Gascoigne s garb
    Graveyard robe, Manchester and graveyard kilt.

I'm wearing the graveyard stuff coz they the last I found and where great for poison. Maybe should change to something with better physical Def.

nah the gear does very little, some sets may help a little for certain fights, but i tend to just go with what looks cool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Amazingly, I am happy to say that I've just finished the game. I definitely didn't think I would be able for it early on. I basically put it down for about a year after finally getting passed the Blood Starved Beast which took too many tries!

It's one game that I could easily pour hours into at a time. Completely engrossing. The internet people tell me I got the bad ending but I'm delighted to simply see the end credits!

Just in time for a Bloodborne 2 announcement in a few weeks hopefully. :)

Nice one !!!!!!

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Amazingly, I am happy to say that I've just finished the game. I definitely didn't think I would be able for it early on. I basically put it down for about a year after finally getting passed the Blood Starved Beast which took too many tries!

It's one game that I could easily pour hours into at a time. Completely engrossing. The internet people tell me I got the bad ending but I'm delighted to simply see the end credits!

Just in time for a Bloodborne 2 announcement in a few weeks hopefully. :)

Well done man. Those bastard Shadows make we wanna quit. There supposed be a spawn sight for help from henryk and I have all the requirements but nothing is there. I keep getting one and a half of them done and then I die and it's seriously pissing me off.

Oh and well done again

Well done man. Those bastard Shadows make we wanna quit. There supposed be a spawn sight for help from henryk and I have all the requirements but nothing is there. I keep getting one and a half of them done and then I die and it's seriously pissing me off.

Oh and well done again

Thanks. Those Shadows were a pain alright! Could you try summoning an online player just to get through it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Oh and well done again

There is an NPC ye can summon for the fight.
    I know...because I summoned him recently. That's where I've just passed in the game (but haven't gone back to it in a few weeks)

I've been giving the game loads of chances but it's not gripping me the same way any of the Souls games did....and I LOVE the souls games.

Thanks. Those Shadows were a pain alright! Could you try summoning an online player just to get through it?

Not setup to play online and if I tried I'm sure it wouldn't allow me as I think you need to be a PS+ member but cheers for the suggestion.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    There is an NPC ye can summon for the fight.
    I know...because I summoned him recently. That's where I've just passed in the game (but haven't gone back to it in a few weeks)

I've been giving the game loads of chances but it's not gripping me the same way any of the Souls games did....and I LOVE the souls games.

And thanks Sean. I know where the spawn point is (apparently two different ones) but for some reason it's not showing. I've got rune, am a member of the league. Must be just a glitch but not one I'm reading about online. Oh well today is another day (another challenge after work).

Ah I think I'm here before I should. I should have beaten witches of Hemwick or something first. I did visit that place but no gate opening device I could see after first part. Presumed would open again later in game. Obviously not. To Hemwick I shall go.

Well folks we got to Byrgenwerth, those witches of Hemwick were easier than your average character, no right to be called bosses. Oh I Squealed like a girl at that big snake the arcane shadow summoned and roared like a champion a few minutes later. *shakes cape*

Well folks we got to Bergenworth, those witches of Hemwick were easier than your average character, no right to be called bosses. Oh I Squealed like a girl at that big snake the arcane shadow summoned and roared like a champion a few minutes later. *shakes cape*

Are you grinding at all Nick? I had my few favourite areas where I would bump myself up a couple of levels if needs be.

It definitely helped my progression​ knowing I could handily take a couple of unanswered hits.

Early on I was too tentative walking into new areas, peering into every nook and cranny hoping I wouldn't get jumped. After a bit of leveling up I was more like...

107b069b92c9b51801ac513e2923e051.jpg

• Advertisement

Are you grinding at all Nick? I had my few favourite areas where I would bump myself up a couple of levels if needs be.

It definitely helped my progression​ knowing I could handily take a couple of unanswered hits.

Early on I was too tentative walking into new areas, peering into every nook and cranny hoping I wouldn't get jumped. After a bit of leveling up I was more like...

107b069b92c9b51801ac513e2923e051.jpg

Oh I definitely am grinding. I fly through Yharnham old and central and grand cathedral slaughtering everyone. Current stats:
    Level 70
    Vitality 28
    Endurance 21
    Strenght 28
    Skill 25
    Bloodtinge 9
    Arcane 9

I want to get my strength to 30 cause I have this beast roar thing and I can't use it yet. Will get it after a quick run back later after work.

Get that endurance up! It will literally save your life multiple times over and will allow you to perform multiple heavy attacks.

Get that endurance up! It will literally save your life multiple times over and will allow you to perform multiple heavy attacks.

I had being upping it regularly at the start, I focused on HP and Endurance. Then started on strength and skill. I'll start looking at it again soon for sure.

Its not that necessary to pump over 20 into endurance imo, you will get runes later on that will increase it a great deal, you can get one that does 5%, then 10% and lastly 15%. Same for HP, the other runes you can get are pretty meh

Also the beast roar is crappy, i wouldnt bother with it. In fact the majority of equipable spells are sh!t.

Oh I definitely am grinding. I fly through Yharnham old and central and grand cathedral slaughtering everyone. Current stats:
    Level 70
    Vitality 28
    Endurance 21
    Strenght 28
    Skill 25
    Bloodtinge 9
    Arcane 9

I want to get my strength to 30 cause I have this beast roar thing and I can't use it yet. Will get it after a quick run back later after work.

I just checked to compare as I think I'm a similar place to you...just loaded the game and "YOU DIED" came up...so I guess I must have raged last time.

I remember now, I'm at at the Jail place running to some boss

Current stats:
    Level 50
    Vitality 24
    Endurance 21
    Strenght 26
    Skill 15
    Bloodtinge 8
    Arcane 6

Insight 13

Using Ludwigs Holy blade +6

So am I underlevelled ?

I fought that fast magic bastard in the college by myself for a while
    found Ludwigs heavy sword and far paper did him great damage
    (presume if I summoned he would have too?)

Got a key to
    nowhere, some ****er in a rocking chair who doesn't speak

I fought that fast magic bastard in the college by myself for a while
    found Ludwigs heavy sword and far paper did him great damage
    (presume if I summoned he would have too?)

Got a key to
    nowhere, some ****er in a rocking chair who doesn't speak
    jump off the edge

Oh and kill that guy first.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I just checked to compare as I think I'm a similar place to you...just loaded the game and "YOU DIED" came up...so I guess I must have raged last time.

I remember now, I'm at at the Jail place running to some boss

Current stats:
    Level 50
    Vitality 24
    Endurance 21
    Strenght 26
    Skill 15
    Bloodtinge 8
    Arcane 6

Insight 13

Using Ludwigs Holy blade +6

So am I underlevelled ?

Think that's Dark beast Paarl or something he's a fecker of a Boss. What have you been getting with your echoes? I spend mine mostly on levelling and molotovs.

I have runes working already. My insight was 24 at some point. I bought a good few fire papers from them

Enfilade - seriously?

I don't know what the deal with insight is...I have loads of Madmans sitting there.
    I usually spend them on levels, but I progressed pretty quickly early on in the game, not much grinding...prob from being fresh off/ in the middle of a Dark Souls marathon buzz.

• Advertisement

Enfilade - seriously?

Yup,
    jump into the lake below, the old fecker in the chair points towards it to, boss battle below

Advertisement