Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I just checked to compare as I think I'm a similar place to you...just loaded the game and "YOU DIED" came up...so I guess I must have raged last time.

I remember now, I'm at at the Jail place running to some boss

Current stats:
    Level 50
    Vitality 24
    Endurance 21
    Strenght 26
    Skill 15
    Bloodtinge 8
    Arcane 6

Insight 13

Using Ludwigs Holy blade +6

So am I underlevelled ?

Have you gone past Byrgenwryth yet? If not, you're probably fine for levelling, if you've beaten Byrgenwryth then you're under levelled. I was very under levelled my first run too, think I was L.63 the first time I beat it? Most of the ones here were 90-odd. I figure with Souls experience you pick up the game faster and don't get those crucial early levels where you might rack up a few in one area, whereas I was mainly only levelling up after bosses.

The Arcane weapons are a bit **** until your arcane gets higher, A Call Beyond and the Executioners Gloves are fairly good but you need like 30 Arcane to utilise them well, which isn't worth it unless you're making a meta build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Right ROM should be easy. But I always have no health left with two strike remaining. Pain in the arse.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I don't know what the deal with insight is...I have loads of Madmans sitting there.
    I usually spend them on levels, but I progressed pretty quickly early on in the game, not much grinding...prob from being fresh off/ in the middle of a Dark Souls marathon buzz.

Madman s knowledge raises the difficulty. I know when I got to 15 insight some folk got new moves like the dudes with lights in cathedral ward.

Feck that man after dealing with Witches, Shadows, Hunter in college I can't be fecked arsing with ROM. Almost had him first go then ran out of health. Never got that close again. Gonna find me way to the client in through forbidden wood's, hopefully find a lot of loot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Feck that man after dealing with Witches, Shadows, Hunter in college I can't be fecked arsing with ROM. Almost had him first go then ran out of health. Never got that close again. Gonna find me way to the client in through forbidden wood's, hopefully find a lot of loot too.

With ROM, slow and steady wins the race. It's one of them annoying long fights, but even with that, i still always try and just rinse him as fast as possible. But when i first fought him, i just grinded him down, killing the spiders one by one..

Bolt paper is your friend.

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    With ROM, slow and steady wins the race. It's one of them annoying long fights, but even with that, i still always try and just rinse him as fast as possible. But when i first fought him, i just grinded him down, killing the spiders one by one..

Bolt paper is your friend.

Ran out of bolt paper. I wasn't even bothering with the little ones unless they bothered me. How would I acquire more paper? Neither messenger shop sells it oddly enough

The insight one sells it after you beat Darkveast Paarl

Ha Deadly, have done just that as got fed up with ROM.
    new way to old yarnham and all
    . It was tough going there for a minute. Both down to last drop of health. Matter of who hit who first. Thank fcuk I did :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

With Rom, he has three phases. After you knock a certain amount of health off him he will disappear and begin his second more aggressive phase, however the babies will remain! Same with the third.

For the first two phases, focus purely on the babies. Their weak spot is from behind just like Rom. Wait until they are about to jump on you, dodge out of the way and you are left with an easy kill.

The third and final phase was a bit different for me. I focused on getting close to Rom and doing damage while knocking off a few babies when needed. You will start to recognise his attack patterns too.

The reason it's for sale after beating Paarl is the item he drops, those badges determine whats for sale at the messengers.

• Advertisement

Didnt kill Djura this time round. Should I? I approached him on the roof and we talked, he gave me a badge of a powder keg hunter and a gesturr. He gave me a choice, kill beasts or don't in old Yharnham. I said no hunting in Old Yharnham which is why I got said gifts. On my way back was attacked so hit one of them. You devious, you really are a hunter aren't you. The beasts will feed tonight. Am I fckd now when I enter Old Yarnham again? Might watch an alternative on YouTube

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ignore the babies, only focusing on Rom is the best way imo.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Ignore the babies, only focusing on Rom is the best way imo.

What I've been doing, only focusing on babies when they start diminishing health.

Sorry for all the Qs. I got a tonsil stone to be used in a makeshift church to the right if the main cathedral. I can't find it. I went out back where those bolt hunters were and k ocked on doors there as thought they looked right but first the said blood blood now they just shriek and squeal.

Its further down that path, you're in the right direction though.

I'd recommend killing the spiders for phase one, Rom doesn't attack during this phase so no reason not to, kill the babies and work his health down a bit slowly.

Then Bolt up your weapon, get a full stamina bar and go hell for leather until he tries to teleport, if you have a strong enough weapon with enough stamina you can stagger him and take off 50% of his health, if not more.

If the spiders are still about its pretty much impossible to get the stagger I've found.

Once you hit phase two and three just pick off a few babies to give yourself more breathing room and focus on Rom.

Its further down that path, you're in the right direction though.

I'd recommend killing the spiders for phase one, Rom doesn't attack during this phase so no reason not to, kill the babies and work his health down a bit slowly.

Then Bolt up your weapon, get a full stamina bar and go hell for leather until he tries to teleport, if you have a strong enough weapon with enough stamina you can stagger him and take off 50% of his health, if not more.

If the spiders are still about its pretty much impossible to get the stagger I've found.

Once you hit phase two and three just pick off a few babies to give yourself more breathing room and focus on Rom.

The big room with the frenzy kill? I just got done in there.

One last Q folks, just wondering if there is anything I should be doing/have done before I go back to ROM. I've been reading that the game changes substantially afterwards and want to get all I can while it's still obtainable.

Thanks,

One last Q folks, just wondering if there is anything I should be doing/have done before I go back to ROM. I've been reading that the game changes substantially afterwards and want to get all I can while it's still obtainable.

Thanks,

Its the last chance to obtain all of the NPC's, as in send them to the chapel or clinic. Just make sure to get Arianna (send her to chapel), shes the only important one, you get a key item from her after killing rom.

And you wont be able to go back to Hypogean Gaol, so make sure you got everything from there..

Its the last chance to obtain all of the NPC's, as in send them to the chapel or clinic. Just make sure to get Arianna (send her to chapel), shes the only important one, you get a key item from her after killing rom.

And you wont be able to go back to Hypogean Gaol, so make sure you got everything from there..

Thanks. Pretty sure I got them, did I leave out anyone? I'll spoiler this just in case
    The old woman, Arianna and the bloke who lives across from her disappeared as well, The Beggar. Fr Gascoignes daughter gone presumed dead, sister not shown up yet.

You never get to see
    Gascoignes daughters, the holy woman should be there though, unless you sent her to the clinic? Not important anyway,
    Arianna is the only important one.

• Advertisement

You never get to see
    Gascoignes daughters, the holy woman should be there though, unless you sent her to the clinic? Not important anyway,
    Arianna is the only important one.

Oops, don't think I got her with this save file. The
    begger seems to be killing everyone I sent
    . Need to sort this mess I made.

Absolutely raging I didn't discover
    begger transformed to beast
    by myself (resorted to wiki) as that was probably my favourite beast fight yet. Creepy visuals. Anyone else do it?

Absolutely raging I didn't discover
    begger transformed to beast
    by myself (resorted to wiki) as that was probably my favourite beast fight yet. Creepy visuals. Anyone else do it?

I'm not sure why but I declined to to tell him about the church when I met him and ended up
    fighting him in beast form on the roof. Think I'd seen signs along the way that made me feel uneasy about him but that was definately the best place to fight him as you could hide in the windmill and cheese him, telling him about the church I believe would have dire consequences

I'm not sure why but I declined to to tell him about the church when I met him and ended up
    fighting him in beast form on the roof. Think I'd seen signs along the way that made me feel uneasy about him but that was definately the best place to fight him as you could hide in the windmill and cheese him, telling him about the church I believe would have dire consequences

I had the same experience, I met him crying over the dead bodies and thought "this guys up to some sneaky ****", tried to fight him, he kicked the crap out of me, so I left him there.

haha, he's not crying over the dead bodies, he's eating them :D

Best place to send him is the clinic, unless you want to fight him in the beast form, and hes a tough bastard then..

haha, he's not crying over the dead bodies, he's eating them :D

Best place to send him is the clinic, unless you want to fight him in the beast form, and hes a tough bastard then..

Instincts were still sound ;)

I actually meant audio rather than visuals. The way he says you hunt beasts, you are the beast or something was just brilliant I thought.

Guys, being honest I'm getting very annoyed with this game right now. ROM fight wasn't working out so went back to clinic and fell out with Iosefka for going into her place. Went nightmare frontier and had a fantastic fight with 2NPC hunters. Then I get KO'd with a rock by a giant throwing from a mile away and lose 20K echoes and then killed again (ran out of health) before retrieving. It's seriously pissing me off and think I'll have to take a break for a while.

Oh those f'n rock chuckers :mad:

Theres one point I had to run the gauntlet because there were 3 or 4 of them and I wasn't able to take them out without the others seeing.

I actually meant audio rather than visuals. The way he says you hunt beasts, you are the beast or something was just brilliant I thought.

Guys, being honest I'm getting very annoyed with this game right now. ROM fight wasn't working out so went back to clinic and fell out with Iosefka for going into her place. Went nightmare frontier and had a fantastic fight with 2NPC hunters. Then I get KO'd with a rock by a giant throwing from a mile away and lose 20K echoes and then killed again (ran out of health) before retrieving. It's seriously pissing me off and think I'll have to take a break for a while.

I took a break of 6 months with ROM, then killed him in my first attempt after trying again

I love These games, but I do think some of the bosses ruin them, especially when it goes from one boss, directly to another boss.

• Advertisement

• I actually meant audio rather than visuals. The way he says you hunt beasts, you are the beast or something was just brilliant I thought.

Add me from coop!!

Advertisement