Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I love These games, but I do think some of the bosses ruin them

Nah rom is quite easy once you know what to do, i could show you a video of a guy killing rom in less than 60 seconds, but i wont :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I don't know how to multi quote, will reply as follows:

Enfilade it just felt unfair :pac: I didn't see the big hunk of rock at all and was feeling chuffed at taking out 2 hunters together so got some sinking feeling haha. Got past them later and got frenzy killed 2 seconds later. It's like I'm starting all over again. Just need to re-adjust.

Brother Andy I want to stop but probably won't. Atm only other game I've interest in and sitting there is Dark Souls 3 :pac:

Can't do coop Mick, no PS+. Thanks for offer.

I've resorted to videos, saw one last night they looked do able. Just need to grind those health viles again.

I think I just having a bad gaming few hours yesterday. I'll keep at it I'm sure.

nix wrote: »
    Nah rom is quite easy once you know what to do, i could show you a video of a guy killing rom in less than 60 seconds, but i wont :P

Believe me, I think I watched every YouTube video. A lot of those quick kills were done before From Software updated the game.

Currently on Darl Souls 3, after taking a year long break after trying to kill the Dragonslayer guy. Finally did it, now straight onto another impossible boss :-(

I only went and fcuking done it. Die ROM you scumbag nearly destroying the game for me. Won't be able to concentrate in work today. :smile:

Believe me, I think I watched every YouTube video. A lot of those quick kills were done before From Software updated the game.

Currently on Darl Souls 3, after taking a year long break after trying to kill the Dragonslayer guy. Finally did it, now straight onto another impossible boss :-(

This one was good, took me about 2 minutes and 13 health viles.
    Ooh this is eery now.

• Advertisement

Did you stick with this till the end Andy?

I played a further 15 mins after defeating ROM where the enemies keep respawning. I've an idea of what I need to do from doing the chalice dungeons but these normal run of the mill villagers have got some strength now. Keep thinking that's it,they can't possibly pump up difficulty anymore yet I'm proven wrong every single time.

I think I'm committed to this now before I get stuck into my first ever Souls game.

Did you stick with this till the end Andy?

I played a further 15 mins after defeating ROM where the enemies keep respawning. I've an idea of what I need to do from doing the chalice dungeons but these normal run of the mill villagers have got some strength now. Keep thinking that's it,they can't possibly pump up difficulty anymore yet I'm proven wrong every single time.

I think I'm committed to this now before I get stuck into my first ever Souls game.

I did stick with it and finished it. . Absolutely amazing game, locations, characters and sound design. It's just a shame about some of the bosses (in my opinion) It's not always being killed that's the annoying part, it's the loading screen and run back to the boss that's the real pain in the a:s

Well done on killing ROM!!!!!!!! It feels good doesn't it. Some good fun levels ahead of you. Is your insight very high? I believe this makes enemies tougher if it is

Is your insight very high? I believe this makes enemies tougher if it is

Once you go beyond 15 Insight (not sure if happens again) the enemies AI changes and they get new moves, attack patterns (e.g. The blokes patrolling Grand Cathedral at 15 insight their lamps grow eyes and do some longer range arcane attack). I traded a load of insight for bolt paper.

It felt brilliant getting past ROM- I was just having my morning coffee before work and said I'd chance this and after 2 mins "Prey slaughtered". Couldn't believe it and was actually shaking with adrenaline. Who would have thought a game could do that? Haha.

Have to say the Blood moon level design looks and sounds amazing but I've noticed a lot of stuttering and lagging (presume this is FPS related). I've been leaving console in rest mode to charge earphones so turned it completely off and hoping it stops as that would ruin an otherwise unique experience for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It felt brilliant getting past ROM- I was just having my morning coffee before work and said I'd chance this and after 2 mins "Prey slaughtered". Couldn't believe it and was actually shaking with adrenaline. Who would have thought a game could do that? Haha.

This just made me smile :) I love seeing people experiencing these games for the first time

I think these games have been the only ones to ever give me the "rattles" playing them :D

• Advertisement

Thanks lads! I've now rolled a new character.......AGAIN :rolleyes:

:D:P:D

• nix wrote: »
    Thanks lads! I've now rolled a new character.......AGAIN :rolleyes:

:D:P:D

Lol I'm near to doing the same thing again

Just need to finish DS3 first

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, so after apparently 2 years of being out, a fantastic GameStop employee convinced me to get this over Diablo III. I'm currently at work, so won't get to play it until around 10 tonight, and hopefully the updates aren't too big as i'm on 3 Mobile Internet...

Is there anything i need to know before starting this. Note that i attempted DSII when it came out and gave up after an hour as i'm not the biggest fan of dieing over and over... He told me that this isn't as punishing, and actually teaches you to play DS if you wanted. I dunno...

WTF man. Ya'hargal Unseen Village and Amygdala or whatever she's called in Nightmare Frontier are insane! Panic stations. Just running away from yokes most of the time to find the ding ding beyatches. This is like Central Yarnham on Crystal Meth.

Ok, so after apparently 2 years of being out, a fantastic GameStop employee convinced me to get this over Diablo III. I'm currently at work, so won't get to play it until around 10 tonight, and hopefully the updates aren't too big as i'm on 3 Mobile Internet...

Is there anything i need to know before starting this. Note that i attempted DSII when it came out and gave up after an hour as i'm not the biggest fan of dieing over and over... He told me that this isn't as punishing, and actually teaches you to play DS if you wanted. I dunno...

You've a +9GB update for starters.

Oh and you will die. A lot.

Edit to add. Just to confirm what nix said. Stick with it. I had it before, traded it in as I found it quite difficult and had no patience. Something made me buy it again. This time I was more patient, learned the controls, tried to learn what I'd done wrong and it has probably been the most rewarding game I've played. Ever. That's saying something given that I've been into gaming for over 20 years. You'll have no regrets buying it once you stick with it.

It will be punishing at first, its a matter of just learning how to fight. Once you learn that, it's alot easier to progress. But stick with it, don't give up, if you're at the end of your tether, maybe look up some tutorials on how to fight on youtube. But these games are the most fun and rewarding a single player game can offer in this day.

Right, my endurance is nowhere near what it should be for that level and The One Reborn boss fight (think it called that). Initially thought my PS4 was dying or problem with the game as although there was utter craziness going on everything just seemed, I dunno slow. PS is a slim model so only 6/7 months old (tho it has got a lot of use).

Anyway you need to be able to swing your weapons a few times in that level. I was doing 3 swings and then just stopping as stamina was zero (I do have the Caryll rune effect on also) so was getting destroyed. Decided to go echo farming.
    Went that Charnel Lane place and I don't know what I did to prompt it but a carriage pulled up and opened the door. I so didn't want to get in there.

I think beating the witches is the only limit there, you need to have killed a few nearby enemies too.

Get in.

I think beating the witches is the only limit there, you need to have killed a few nearby enemies too.

Get in.

I did, strange it only happened now. I beat the witches days ago. And have revisited to farm for echoes a few times and it never happened so thought I triggered something today to cause it.

You need the cainhurst summons for the carrage to appear, you get the cainhurst summons in Iosefka's clinic.

Nice find! most people only get there by finding out on websites.

• Advertisement

Yeah the other night when I was Pissed with ROM fight I broke into Iosefkas and found a note addressed to me. But I went to that place behind Grand Cathedral where the Frenzy attack happens once you cross the room to the door. The frenzy did happen but I didn't die this time I woke in a college or something that led to nightmare frontier. I thought that was related to the note.

I have a new lamp called Cainhurst now as soon as I get out of carriage and definitely not been there so cool new area. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jesus, does every enemy respawn when you die?

I spent ages luring and killing enemies and got killed after about 40 minutes. Now all the pricks are back again.

I don't mind difficulty in games, but if it's going to make me have to redo bits over and over again, I might not bother at all. Unless I'm missing something regarding saving the game or checkpoints or something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Penn wrote: »

I spent ages luring and killing enemies and got killed after about 40 minutes. Now all the pricks are back again.

I don't mind difficulty in games, but if it's going to make me have to redo bits over and over again, I might not bother at all. Unless I'm missing something regarding saving the game or checkpoints or something
    It's all about getting to the next lantern and opening up shortcuts.

Evade wrote: »
    It's all about getting to the next lantern and opening up shortcuts.

This and learning the area knowing where they are etc, and read the messages on the ground !!!! You get to a point in the game outside bosses where you can predict certain things and death is your fault for rushing etc.

Penn wrote: »

Learning to fight multiple enemies at a time will come.

Obviously 1v1 is how you learn to play, but after a while you'll be managing in 6v1 situations no bother.

Maybe a little bother, but you'll manage.

But as was said, opening shortcuts is your goal.

Also, you dont need to kill everything. The gang near the start surrounding the bonfire, i dont even bother with them anymore, i just go around them or run passed them all, loot and run. They stop following and reset pretty quickly. Now thats not to say run passed everything, but no harm in picking your battles.

Anytime i get to a new boss, and he kills me and i think he will be difficult, i run back in and grab my blood echoes and port out of then and spend everything. Then just run passed everything on the way back and into the fog, grand.

nix wrote: »
    Anytime i get to a new boss, and he kills me and i think he will be difficult, i run back in and grab my blood echoes and port out of then and spend everything. Then just run passed everything on the way back and into the fog, grand.

Boo! Hell for leather or go home

Sure you can get them the next time, the time you beat him.

Don't worry about losing echo's either for the newbies, it'll seem like the game ends here when you lose 6k echo's at the start, but that's loose change after the 4th or 5th boss.

Boo! Hell for leather or go home

Sure you can get them the next time, the time you beat him.

Don't worry about losing echo's either for the newbies, it'll seem like the game ends here when you lose 6k echo's at the start, but that's loose change after the 4th or 5th boss.

meh, i only done it on the ones you know are gonna be a chore. (
    Ludwig
    for instance) Now i know the game inside out so know when to spend. My posts for the new guys, no point in losing echoes if unnecessary, especially if you spent an hour or so farming them on the way to the boss. Plus if you're doing alot of corpse running, you can easily forget to pick them up :)

Plus, better spent for the fight ahead.

But yeah, losing echoes happens, dont let it annoy you.

I don't know why some people love the threaded cane so much, the move set is horrendous. I'm fighting Darkbeast Paarl at the moment, with the saw cleaver i can destroy him, with the threaded cane i can barely land an attack, never mind attack a specific limb. Its also incredibly slow for the size of it and it being a skill weapon.

EDIT: Swapped to saw spear, jazzed it up and downed him in one /rolleyes

Could have saved alota health vials, ill be sure to never use the cane again

• Advertisement

I think the cane is fantastic, very light on stamina in cane mode. The whip is nice for range too.

Advertisement