Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre in Wexford town

Options
  • 02-05-2014 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

Look this is the story so far.

I checked your fibre map, my address is there, in fact my entire street is there. Why is it I can't get fibre and why can NO ONE IN EIRCOM TELL ME WHEN.. It's ridiculous. First I called CC they said try support, then support said Eircom wholesale have the plans, went to try phone them but no number, I don't want to sit here waiting for a letter I want to know when I should expect it. It's a simple matter of wiring the exchange so I'm told.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭john47

Bottom line is...eircom are crap. Go to Vodafone or sky tv. Ps I work for neither.  Eircom has had lots if problems this year and gas gone down a couple if times this year already. 

John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

john47 wrote: »
    Bottom line is...eircom are crap. Go to Vodafone or sky tv. Ps I work for neither.  Eircom has had lots if problems this year and gas gone down a couple if times this year already. 

John.

I have been with both... I don't like either.. Sky is ignorant and won't give me the speeds I can support and Vodafone are as bad.. Eircom have decent packages and give me my bill phone at a discounted price... Vodafone don't do anything like that.. I'll stick with eircom thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Look this is the story so far.

I checked your fibre map, my address is there, in fact my entire street is there. Why is it I can't get fibre and why can NO ONE IN EIRCOM TELL ME WHEN.. It's ridiculous. First I called CC they said try support, then support said Eircom wholesale have the plans, went to try phone them but no number, I don't want to sit here waiting for a letter I want to know when I should expect it. It's a simple matter of wiring the exchange so I'm told.
    Hi retrogamefan

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I can confirm that not all areas in the shaded green area on the coverage map will be able to avail of an upgrade. Tis is because works to cabinets will be ongoing in to the future. This is why there is a message located besides the coverage map stating:[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]"Please note:[/font][font=Times New Roman","serif] This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker"[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Cabinets serve specific areas within the shaded green zone. efibre has indeed launched in the shaded green areas however not all areas have had upgraded cabinets installed and works to rollout these cabinets will contimnue in to the furure.
    [/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks
    Al

[/font]

Hi retrogamefan

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I can confirm that not all areas in the shaded green area on the coverage map will be able to avail of an upgrade. Tis is because works to cabinets will be ongoing in to the future. This is why there is a message located besides the coverage map stating:[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]"Please note:[/font][font=Times New Roman","serif] This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker"[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Cabinets serve specific areas within the shaded green zone. efibre has indeed launched in the shaded green areas however not all areas have had upgraded cabinets installed and works to rollout these cabinets will contimnue in to the furure.
    [/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks
    Al

[/font]

Look I know that I'm not interested in that answer that's the wrong answer Alan. The right answer is telling me when the engineer plans to upgrade my cabinet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi retrogamefan,

Unfortunately we don't have a date for this as of yet. If we receive any further information in regards to a plan or time frame we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks,

Tony

• Advertisement

Hi retrogamefan,

Unfortunately we don't have a date for this as of yet. If we receive any further information in regards to a plan or time frame we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks,

Tony

and why don't you. You upgraded the cabinet a half mile away from me, why can't you do mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Hi retrogamefan,

Thanks,

Tony

and why don't you. You upgraded the cabinet a half mile away from me, why can't you do mine
    Hi GrayFox208
    As part of an extensive nationwide roll out plan , eFibre is delivered on a planned strategy. The roll out plan to every area depends on several factors.   If your area is not included in current roll out plan it may be included in next phase. Unfortunately we do not have access to next phase roll out details at this time.
    Tony

Advertisement