Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

39" Full HD TV €243 incl. Parcelmotel [Back in Stock]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Map on there website of how to get to it!

Next to kartmania!

I'd imagine they put that map up after all the complaints they had !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

did anyone solve the overscan issue or is it permanwnt overscan via hdmi which affects picture quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Nowso wrote: »
    did anyone solve the overscan issue or is it permanwnt overscan via hdmi which affects picture quality

Yes you can turn off the overscan, i posted about that earlier. You can press the Aspect ratio button to get to the 'PointToPoint' mode. This turns off the overscan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Just bought one - thankd OP! Can't wait to try it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doggystyle

bought on 16th and expected today. Anyone know how much PM charge for accepting a package this size? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

According to tesco mine arrived in Antrim at half 10 yesterday, there's still nothing appearing on my parcel motel account saying it checked in, surely there should be by now? I've a feeling tesco may have not put down my PMID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

According to tesco mine arrived in Antrim at half 10 yesterday, there's still nothing appearing on my parcel motel account saying it checked in, surely there should be by now? I've a feeling tesco may have not put down my PMID

I'm sure it's fine, my package was delivered apparently yesterday from Amazon and there's been nothing on my account either. Probably just a bit backed up or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doggystyle

Rang parcel motel yesterday afternoon and mine had just landed. Cost me €10.50 to have it delivered to my door and had it first thing this morning!
    Would have cost me €20 in diesel to collect it from their depot in oranmore!
    Might be worth giving them a bell to check is there...

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

Has anyone used the telly with a PS3 or 4? Was wondering what picture quality and input lag might be like.

william wrote: »
    Has anyone used the telly with a PS3 or 4? Was wondering what picture quality and input lag might be like.
    Using it with my ps4 and the quality has been excellent , no problems so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I gave into this. Thanks OP

This TV plus chromecast will be great for the bedroom.

Thanks. What did it say it was compatible with Saorview or Freeview?

Finally got around to putting up a Saorview antenna. Works fine as other people have mentioned, just wanted to poi

Thanks. What did it say it was compatible with Saorview or Freeview?

Finally got around to setting up a saorview antenna. Like others have mentioned, it works fine with the HD channels and I also wanted to point out that even the MHEG5-based aertel which is specific to saorview works great.

It did indeed say saorview compatible on the box so I didn't expect any less, but I just wanted to confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

hi is it worth getting the insurance for this? 50 euro for 5 year insurance seems fair enough and they said there is worldwide coverage? planning on ordering this today but just want to make sure getting insurance is worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

KoA-Ollie wrote: »
    hi is it worth getting the insurance for this? 50 euro for 5 year insurance seems fair enough and they said there is worldwide coverage? planning on ordering this today but just want to make sure getting insurance is worth it!

I got an email a few days after ordering giving me 5 year warranty for free. Said it was a special offer.

does everyone who orders get that offer? did you pay for the insurance first then get it for free or just get offered it to you?

Reading back on the email it looks like it was just a football offer for a limited time:

Heres the email:
    TESCO DIRECT

Dear Mr X,

Thank you for shopping with Tesco.

Because you purchased a television from Tesco between 21st April 2014 and 15th June 2014 we are pleased to give you a four year guarantee in addition to the one year manufacturer's warranty included with your television.

This means that in total you will receive a 5 year guarantee starting from the date of your purchase. So when your manufacturer's warranty expires, we'll step in for the additional period.

The additional guarantee is administered by our partner SquareTrade and will start automatically when your manufacturer warranty expires.

The additional guarantee will provide cover against mechanical or electrical failure through normal use up to the purchase price you paid. If your item develops a fault during the guarantee period, we will arrange for it to be repaired free of charge, including all parts and labour. If we can't fix it, we'll give you either a replacement which is just as good, or a full refund, at our discretion.

For full details about what's included in your guarantee and what's not, please refer to the full terms and conditions on www.tesco.com/footballguarantee2014

Of course, we hope that your purchase will be trouble free. However should it fail during the additional guarantee period all you need to do is get in touch as detailed below:

For support during your guarantee period please call 0800 3234050 or 0330 1234050
    Please ensure you have your proof of purchase and the make, model number and serial number of your product to hand.

Thanks again for shopping with Tesco and we hope you enjoy your purchase.

Kind regards,

The team at Tesco Direct

Ok thats fair enough, I'm guessing if they offered it to you they must cover the Republic? Sorry if this is stupid to ask but im stuck at checkout its asking for a postcode, read earlier you need to order by parcel motel how do you do that? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

KoA-Ollie wrote: »
    Ok thats fair enough, I'm guessing if they offered it to you they must cover the Republic? Sorry if this is stupid to ask but im stuck at checkout its asking for a postcode, read earlier you need to order by parcel motel how do you do that? Thanks!

Register at Parcelmotel.com, you will get an address in Antrim, that you use to place the order with Tesco the address will be like.
    Your Name
    Your PMID
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    Antrim
    BT36 4PE

Note that with Tesco you can't type numbers for your PM ID so just type your name and rest of address. Once you see the parcel is deliver contact parcel motel to make sure they match it to your account, as the parcel will be over size (won't fit in a locker) you can organize collect from any of the Nightline warehouses or get it deliver to you (at an extra cost)

Other parcel if you use it in the future if they fit in a motel you will collect from your selected location.

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »
    Register at Parcelmotel.com, you will get an address in Antrim, that you use to place the order with Tesco the address will be like.

Note that with Tesco you can't type numbers for your PM ID so just type your name and rest of address. Once you see the parcel is deliver contact parcel motel to make sure they match it to your account, as the parcel will be over size (won't fit in a locker) you can organize collect from any of the Nightline warehouses or get it deliver to you (at an extra cost)

Other parcel if you use it in the future if they fit in a motel you will collect from your selected location.

Put your PMID as your flat/unit number, works for me.

Can this be used as a PC monitor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Put your PMID as your flat/unit number, works for me.

Ok thanks, was that always there? I don't remember seen that when I checked couple of months ago

Can this be used as a PC monitor?

There is an RGB port, but your really want to be using a hdmi at full hd, no mention of a dvi port.

You'd also want to be sitting a good distance away otherwise your eyes will hurt after 10 mins :)

There is an RGB port, but your really want to be using a hdmi at full hd, no mention of a dvi port.

You'd also want to be sitting a good distance away otherwise your eyes will hurt after 10 mins :)

Yeah it really was a silly question in hindsight

Got a txt today from parcel motel that my parcel was ready for collection. Not too bad for 3 day turn around. Pick it up tomorrow after work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Is this no longer available ?

Is this no longer available ?

Seems so. Only option is add it to wish list.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Dredd_J

What kind of wall mount would you need for this tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lostinNaas

Vesa 400x400. I got this mount, does the job.
    You might also want external speakers, as the sound is woeful.

DVI is electrically the same as HDMI without hdcp and sound. You can just use a simple 2€ passive converter plug. Make sure you put the TV in "PointToPoint" mode otherwise it will do overscan so you'll miss the edges of the image.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Back at £199

From http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/tesco.com-1

TDX-KYNK for £10 off

new code valid till 04-08-2014. *New accounts only. *
    £10 off £50 for 'New Customers' using eCoupon @ Tesco Direct

Coupon worked , so £189 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JFKIRELAND

Guys,
    I got one of these tv's during the world cup - €226 delivered - thanks to the OP for the heads up on this.
    Just one issue? Has anyone been able to pair this tv with their UPC Horizon RC?
    I am using code 0390, but no joys.
    Any ideas?
    thanks......JK

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Has anyone ever had a problem with the remote control not working? Or has anyone ever had to return one of these tv's?

luder wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had a problem with the remote control not working? Or has anyone ever had to return one of these tv's?

Only problem I had was to freezing up playing movies from HDD might not be able to handle full hd video playback. No issues otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jebus Diced

Freeview though, thats a bit crap or are we/they compatable now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Freeview though, thats a bit crap or are we/they compatable now

Nope; this is a Freeview TV and so not compatible with Saorview.

A tv described as 'Freeview HD' will be compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jebus Diced

Cool, didn't know that.

FYI Saorview does work fine on this tv as said previously.

This is Soarview compatible, it even has the Irish channels listed on the box of the TV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you chose Ireland as country then it lists the digital TV as "Saorview" on the menus

Teletext / MHEG5 / HD / 7 day EPG all work fine so far

UK Freeview HD needs a T2 tuner, Saorview doesn't.

Manual http://www.umc-uk.co.uk/instruction-manuals/Blaupunkt-brand/32%20Models/User%20Guide%20-%20Blaupunkt%20-%2039-210I-GB-5B-FHBCUP-UK%20-%20BLA-MAN-0200%20WEB.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

That statement, with regards to the vast majority of new tvs, is wrong.

Its all about MHEG5 and MPEG4 compatibility for Saorview. (well nearly all about...)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 philyb

Hi any codes for discount on TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Back to £199

£10 off with code TDX-KPHG until 24-8-14 i think

philyb wrote: »
    Hi any codes for discount on TV
    try the codes on that page

eg:
    £5 off £25 or £10 off £50 for your first online order using eCoupon @ Tesco Direct
    £5 off £25-Code TDX-PWTH. £10 off £50-Code TDX-KPHG

let us know if they work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

try the codes on that page

eg:
    £5 off £25 or £10 off £50 for your first online order using eCoupon @ Tesco Direct
    £5 off £25-Code TDX-PWTH. £10 off £50-Code TDX-KPHG

let us know if they work

The tenner off for over 50 works i just finish ordering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Tesco are a bunch of clowns. Waiting two weeks now, they keep telling me that the tv has been delivered, only for me to ring parcel motel, where they confirm that they didn't get anything.

Phoned back tesco, for them to tell me there's been a problem with the order, and they'd send another one. This rigmarole has happened twice now, 16 days after I initially ordered it.

Can't believe such a big company could make such a balls of an order, two different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 philyb

Cheers that worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What's the all in price at the moment using PM and the discount codes ? Seems like a great deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Seems to be sold out again unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'll let my one go which I picked up 3 weeks ago for cost. Packaging and all perfect. I live in Drogheda and work in Swords. PM if interested

Advertisement