Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Film developed in Dublin

• 02-05-2014 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi, very new to photography but got hold of a Pentax ME for practically nothing and i've run and had developed a few rolls of film.

Just wondering where's the best/cheapest place to have film developed and put on cd or other options. I've used the place over the road from St. Georges arcade but just wondering where's good?

Cheers,
    Sam

EDIT: just realised i posted this in the wrong part of the forum, any mod able to move.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭MarkN

Give Conns a go, they will do it either while you wait or while you go around the corner and have a coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

If it's colour negative then most pharmacies will do it. Camera exchange on Georges street where it seems you're getting it done will do as good a job as any. All automated anyhow. B&W I don't know, most people who get 3rd party B&W dev seem to get it done in gunnes on wexford street. Ideally though if you're shooting B&W you'll dev yourself. Slide the only place to get dev is photocare on abbey street.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Fatgoogle

Cheers, It's a mixture of color and black and white. I'd love to start dev B&W myself but just need the time to get going. I've got a few more rolls piled up so ill give Conns a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

That pharmacy in the northside shopping centre in Coolock used to put five rolls on a CD for 15 quid.

It's a bargain, if you can spare the time to actually get there and back.

I'd ring first and make sure they still do it, though. I haven't been out there in about a year.

Went into conns today and they charged 19.98 for two rolls of colour, done in an hour and a half but still seems steep.

Maybe a trip to Coolock is worth a trip when i have a few more rolls.

• Advertisement

Fatgoogle wrote: »
    Went into conns today and they charged 19.98 for two rolls of colour, done in an hour and a half but still seems steep.

Maybe a trip to Coolock is worth a trip when i have a few more rolls.

yikes. It's probably less than that for next day development though. I dev all my C-41 myself, about €1 a roll or so.

Are you in or around Dublin??

Are you in or around Dublin??

I am, I don't do dev for anyone else though if that's what you're asking. Enough of a PITA dev & scan for my stuff :)

:( Ill have to take up developing as soon as the LSO make me principle and i can get all the bits and bobs.

LSO make me principle

The London Symphony ? Congratulations :-D

• Advertisement

Haha i wish, a masters first then the long haul of auditioning for years.

I've got a job lot of Ilford HP5 to play with if anyone knows anywhere reasonable to get B&W developed??

Haha i wish, a masters first then the long haul of auditioning for years.

I've got a job lot of Ilford HP5 to play with if anyone knows anywhere reasonable to get B&W developed??

Honestly, it's better to do it yourself. It's very easy and you can get everything you need on thephotoshop.ie or in John Gunns.

The initial cost of the equipment will be about €100, which seems like a big outlay when you're a student, but it's roughly the cost of getting ten rolls of film developed at shop prices.

Edit: just to answer your question directly, I don't know of anywhere that develops B&W cheaply. That was why I started developing myself.

Resurrection:

Anyone know if the place in the North Side shopping centre is the fujifilm place, lloyds pharmacy or hickeys. Ive got about 15 rolls of colour to be developed.

http://www.northsideshoppingcentre.ie/stores/

Looking at the map of the shopping centre, Lloyd's is in the right place, but it had a different name last time I was out there.

I think the Fujifilm shop is actually inside the pharmacy. I vaguely remember seeing Fuji branding.

But ring them up and ask.

Advertisement