Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boilers, Radiators and Windows

Options
  • 02-05-2014 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

We are currently trying to buy a house, and it looks like the ones we can afford will need a good amount of work. Mainly new boiler, radiators and windows.

Is there somewhere in Dublin or close to Dublin that is open to the public to view and talk to as to what we would like?

Or do we have to go through a plumber and a glazier?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

I'd like to jump in on this and say I'd like some information aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

It is a bit of a how long is a piece of string question. How many rooms and windows determines how much you want. Then you have the materials and standard you want. One radiator ranges from €50-€1000+

Windows are similar for price depending on finish and glazing standard.

Boilers type and fuel type.

Best bet to decide your finish and preference for a set job and get a quote and for each extra radiator or window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

For a typical Dublin 4 bed semi, I'd budget 8-9k for new boiler and radiators.

And probably same for pvc windows. But that can vary a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Funkiwi75

Thanks, at the moment I'm more tying to find somewhere to go and physically view them talk to sales people.

When spending a few grand I'd like to see what I'm paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Funkiwi75 wrote: »
    Thanks, at the moment I'm more tying to find somewhere to go and physically view them talk to sales people.

When spending a few grand I'd like to see what I'm paying for.

I went to a general home store last week (a very big one admittedly) and asked about boilers- I didn't look at radiators, but they sell them there. Then I called out a plumber, and discussed it with him. The radiators aren't much of an issue I would say- there's not a huge variety. But if you google window sales in your area (or however far you want to travel to look), you come up with some names of places. It's just a case of making phone calls and asking for brochures then. I'm sure some of them have actual show rooms too

• Advertisement
Advertisement