Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avourwen, Drogheda South

Options
  • 02-05-2014 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

Hi, just looking for opinions on the estate. Info on the internet seems to be outdated. Any positives/negatives? What is the level of mngt fees in the development? Anyone living there and would be willing to share their views? Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

uli84 wrote: »
    Hi, just looking for opinions on the estate. Info on the internet seems to be outdated. Any positives/negatives? What is the level of mngt fees in the development? Anyone living there and would be willing to share their views? Many thanks.

Hi

I live here but as far as I'm concerned there's only one two bed apartment available. There were 6 new houses started recently but I was told they're already sold. Unless they're expanding into the empty land more :)

Really nice and quiet estate. Lots of young families etc. Lovely place to live in.
    I don't know if you have kids but the playground that is advertised on outdated websites etc does not exist 7 year's on :(

The fees range around 200/300 euro a year same as Grange rath range but are not justified. The management company only cuts the grass and has let the place go a good bit. Have a drive around Grange rath and here and you'll see for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

aah, that was my worry (playground) , was really hoping it's there-it's like 3rd estate in a row i am interested in that was meant to have one- gosh, is it really that expensive to put that up..I am guessing the rest (creche/leisure centre) hasn't happened either...management fees for houses are ridiculous either way to be honest but sure what you can do. i am going to drive up and have a look there and in grange rath/five oaks/mornington area. many thanks.

Actually, on that note-which estates in Drogheda have playground? Might help me choose...thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Would you really choose an estate because it has a playground?

Hah, no, just nice to have;)

• Advertisement

Beats having your kids play in muck or sand that is being used for mixing cement

Big selling point of this estate was "ample playgrounds" never mind the leisure centre or creche. No one really cares about that.
    What a playground would cost is pocket change compared to what was charged for the houses and profit made.

Hope it was helpful to you

Beats having your kids play in muck or sand that is being used for mixing cement

Big selling point of this estate was "ample playgrounds" never mind the leisure centre or creche. No one really cares about that.
    What a playground would cost is pocket change compared to what was charged for the houses and profit made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

iPearly wrote: »

Perfectly thanks! I was only asking as kids soon grow out of playgrounds very quickly and if you plan on the rest of your life there then it would be a very minor item. But, again, I was only asking.

iPearly wrote: »

Yeh, totally agree, it's not fair, especially since 7 years is plenty of time to get one done, it's not like they only started...Sadly it seems common practice by developers not to deliver on promises/what's advertised

Right so, went to have a look, out of curiosity, and indeed nothing from plans bar houses is completed. Even green area is not sorted out, it's a pity....

• Advertisement

uli84 wrote: »
    Yeh, totally agree, it's not fair, especially since 7 years is plenty of time to get one done, it's not like they only started...Sadly it seems common practice by developers not to deliver on promises/what's advertised

Greed knows no limits unfortunately.
    If I sign a contract I'm expected to keep my end of the bargain or I'll have to pay hefty fines. Same should be with developers.
    Place would be one of a kind and in big demand if they did what they promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 avarowan

hi im also looking for threads for reviews regarding avourwen. im interested in the apartments just wondering if most of them are owner occupiers or renting. there was this feeling the place is quiet ( i hope im not wrong) i have a small child, i would like a nice neighborhood for him to grow up to. thanks.

avarowan wrote: »
    hi im also looking for threads for reviews regarding avourwen. im interested in the apartments just wondering if most of them are owner occupiers or renting. there was this feeling the place is quiet ( i hope im not wrong) i have a small child, i would like a nice neighborhood for him to grow up to. thanks.

As far as I know there is only one 2 bed left but maybe they'll build more.
    Most of them are owned. Out of the few rented - most belong to manleys.
    There are around 20 kids in the Alders section from newborn to age 9. It can get very loud sometimes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gerrywhiz2

Rente there only for 6 months, left now, cant believe how many of the residents just love to bitch and gossip, stay away find somewhere with a bit of class and decency, what a dump 😕

Where exactly did you rent? House? Apt? Duplex? Thanks!

Advertisement