Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MOSFET reg/ rec

• 02-05-2014 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone done any upgrading out there? I see this site being mentioned a lot online but wonder if anyone here has done any business with them or someone else online?

The Mille badly needs an upgrade and since I have a shiny new battery on the way, I'm not relishing the idea of the bike eating the battery. The one that's in there now is less than a year old and it's in complete poop for the want of a strong charging system behind it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

With the help and expertise from the lads on this site I fitted a Mosfet REG/REC to my cb400. The stock reg/rec was screwed and not charging the battery over 5000 rpm. Have had an ounce of trouble since fitting the mosfet reg/rec. I ordered a Mosfet reg/rec from ebay. It was from a R1 I think. I ordered the wiring and connector from http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/R-R_Connectors/r-r_connectors.html and the quality of his work is top notch. Even after an hour spin up the motorway the reg/rec is not even slightly warm to touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Of all the electrical mods you can do fitting a Mosfet rec/rec is probably the simplest and best bang for buck.
    Older bikes were really let down by the often inadequate charging system and the older reg/recs specifically have come to be a weak point for otherwise modern machinery.
    Mosfets are relatively cheap and the wiring isn't hard to do.
    In my view its a very worthwhile exercise, especially on bikes with big pistons like thumpers and big twins which need a lot of swinging power from a small battery.
    It will give you much more confidence in the electrics as well.
    If you want to share postage on a set of plug leads let me know, I have to order some from Eastern beaver.
    I was very tempted to order a Fusebox from them as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,390 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Advertisement