Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for these ingredients

Options
  • 02-05-2014 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me where i could get sugarfree tomato paste and gluten free stock cube.

i've checked in tesco and lidl.

thanks

apologies if i've posted in the wrong area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Holland and Barrett used to have gluten free stock cubes, Kallo brand I'm pretty sure. They're not marked gluten free on front of pack, I think they're sold a yeast free but they're also gluten free.
    No idea re tomato paste but probably worth checking any health food shop for both items.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

Haven't looked recently, but Aldi tomato purée used to have just one ingredient - tomatoes! No sugar, no salt.
    Kallo stock cubes are gluten free. Holland and Barrett have them.

Edit: snap deemc!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭dmc17

dee_mc wrote: »
    Holland and Barrett used to have gluten free stock cubes, Kallo brand I'm pretty sure.
    radia wrote: »
    Kallo stock cubes are gluten free. Holland and Barrett have them.

Supervalu also 'stock' these cubes

dmc17 wrote: »
    Supervalu also 'stock' these cubes

:)
    I've seen the low salt Kallo ones in Supervalu and Tesco but never the gluten free, good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭dmc17

dee_mc wrote: »
    :)
    I've seen the low salt Kallo ones in Supervalu and Tesco but never the gluten free, good to know.

These are the ones I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

most tomato pastes only have tomatoe in them.

dmc17 wrote: »
    These are the ones I think

Not disputing it, was just thanking you for the tip! That link doesn't work unless you're signed in with Supervalu loyalty scheme thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Jezek wrote: »
    most tomato pastes only have tomatoe in them.
    +1, if you look on the nutritional info you may be surprised to see some purees are 18% sugar, but have no added sugar, its just naturally occurring and since its concentrated down it gets higher as a percentage.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=254879475

Advertisement