Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bridesmaids Dress Dilemma!!!!

• 02-05-2014 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am hoping you will be able to help me with a major emergency on behalf of my best friend!! Basically, my bestie of a million years is due to be married in 6 weeks and this is her dilemma!!!

She bought her bridesmaid dresses last year in Debenhams, Cork. As she was buying them so far in advance, she thought that she would be doing her bridesmaids justice by buying the dresses in a bigger dress size so that if the worst scenario happened & they gained a few extra teeny tiny centimetres the dresses could be altered!!

Sooooooooooo, to cut a long story short, 1 of the bridesmaids has dropped A FEW dress sizes & to alter this will be major drama!!!!!

We have searched high & low for the particular dress and to no avail :(:( We have searched the shop every week, we have searched the website, ebay, amazon you name it we've done it!!

So I am hoping that some kind ol'souls out there who may have or know someone who has a : No.1 Jenny Packham style code: aqua blue, db mesh corsage prom dress in a size 10.

Thanking you in advance for all your kind help!! If we got our hands on this dress it would make her day ~ literally!!!!!!!!!!

Kind Regards,

A very stressed out best friend!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Get in contact with the ray darcy show for fix it Friday. They'll get the word out to a lot more people than here.
    That's what I'd be doing anyway.
    Best of luck in yer search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Have you tried ebay to see??

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

Try posting on weddingsonline.ie or mrs2be.ie. Someone may be able to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

You should post a wanted ad on Adverts.ie, you never know who might have one lurking in the wardrobe. Be prepared for lots of 'no but I have a size 22 crinoline dress in my ads if you're interested' type responses though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Would you not be able to just get the same dress made by a dressmaker, save all the stress and searching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Would you not be able to just get the same dress made by a dressmaker, save all the stress and searching.

It would probably be near impossible to get exactly the right fabric, and speaking from experience reworking a larger dress to make a replica smaller dress is a PITA, and with most dressmakers would be more expensive than just making a dress from a pattern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

dee_mc wrote: »
    It would probably be near impossible to get exactly the right fabric, and speaking from experience reworking a larger dress to make a replica smaller dress is a PITA, and with most dressmakers would be more expensive than just making a dress from a pattern.

True, but depending on how many bridesmaids there are, each could be slight different ( granted they can get same fabric, or use fabric from existing dress), one could be strapless, one short or boob tube etc..

Do you have a link to the dress op?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭gills2

JENNY-PACKHAM-Pale-blue-mesh-corsage-prom-dress-Bridesmaid-dress-/281151136673

this is on ebay.com. Size 10 is out of stock at the minute but you could contact the seller to see if they'll be restocking

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ang123

kkhornet wrote: »
    Get in contact with the ray darcy show for fix it Friday. They'll get the word out to a lot more people than here.
    That's what I'd be doing anyway.
    Best of luck in yer search

thank you - i emailed them too about it - its only 6 weeks to the wedding so trying to think of every possible source at this stage....arghhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭gills2

Jenny-Packham-No-1-Pale-Blue-Mesh-Corsage-Dress-Size-8-Bnwt-/221427610887 - this one is size 8 but maybe could be let out a little?

• Advertisement

the dress is now far to big to make smaller, its cutting all the details from the dress by taking it in, compared to the other 2 dresses which are exactly the same!! the weddings in 6 weeks so in complete panic stations now!!!

buzsywuzsy wrote: »
    Try posting on weddingsonline.ie or mrs2be.ie. Someone may be able to help.

ill try that now - thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheDuchess

Hi

Is it a short dress? I googled it and it's coming up for sale on the uk debenhams website. But it's probably not the dress you're after.

It won't let me post a link as I'm a new user.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheDuchess

I was able to send the link via private message.

Advertisement