Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet friendly accommodation?

Options
  • 03-05-2014 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello,
    I am not from Ireland but wanted to go to Galway City on holiday (with a dog, very little, only 2 kg).
    I am still a student at University (abroad) and wanted to stay in Galway at least for a month.
    What is the best place to stay (needs to be animal friendly) where I don't pay more than 150 Euros per week?
    I don't need breakfast etc. ( I prefer self-catering).
    I can't find anything appropriate on the internet, there's either no pets allowed or very expensive (when pets are allowed).
    Do you think hostels in Galway City would allow pets, if I booked a private room?
    Or are single apartments in a better price-range?
    Any ideas?

Thank You very much,
    kind regards :)
    Lillie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

I suggest you put an ad up on www.daft.ie seeking accommodation with a pet
    It is the most popular property website in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭daisyscience

You could always check out Airbnb.com. See if theres a pet friendly place and if they would be willing to reduce the price for a months stay maybe? It is quiet tricky finding somewhere that will accept pets, I know as a dog owner too. I doubt very much that hostels will allow dogs to stay. On daft.ie you can narrow your search by going into advanced settings and selecting the accept pets option. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Tricky to find a place that will accept pets.

I know from experience that when letting out a room, people with pets will ring anyway, even if you specially mention not allowing them. Annoying, but I imagine their choices are limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

You could try camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bellita

It might be easier to rent a bedroom in a house/apartment for a month than staying in a hostel (and it will be probably cheaper) as I assume there are a lot of people renting their beds for the summer.
    Take a look on daft.ie.
    have you thought of leaving your dog in a dog day care center while in Galway? Or maybe trying to find someone who would be able to pet sit for you? I think I know someone who may be able to help ya. Pm if you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement