Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the worst film you've ever seen?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

A Scanner Darkly. Not since Bernard matthews experimented with stuffing breast meat into a boned and rolled have I experienced such Turkey. The only film I've ever felt the effort of asking all the people in the row to scoosh over and let me out was worth doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

Was that the one whose whole premise was based on Scarlett Johansson and Hilary Swank being physically indistinguishable?

I think it was. My brain stopped paying attention in the middle of the film. It just got to weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

I haven't see any of the 'Death Race' movies, but I basically like the rest of his stuff. Event Horizon. Pandorum. Resident Evil (some of them). Brilliant :D.

I'm guessing you haven't seen Pompeii?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I, Frankenstein is a bit special.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

Office Supplies.
    'Rob Schneider was a man.
    Then he was a woman.
    And now.... He's a stapler!
    And he's about to find out....
    That being a stapler,
    Is harder than it seems.' :B
    (south park reference but I want this to happen)

Really though I thought Skyline was atrocious. I can't remember why I really have tried to forget it but I remember thinking that no matter what else I ever saw Skyline would be worse. Pitch Perfect in recent memory and Movie 43.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Revolver (2005). Nine years on I still have no idea what the fup was going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

pow wow wrote: »
    Revolver (2005)

that was truly awful alight, did Madge have input into that movie I wonder?

oh how about "Meet Joe fckin Black"

forced to watch that one on a date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭BearBanjer

I haven't see any of the 'Death Race' movies, but I basically like the rest of his stuff. Event Horizon. Pandorum. Resident Evil (some of them). Brilliant :D.

Actually the first Death Race from him (2008) is pretty good I thought. Found it very entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Finding Neverland.

I hated every second of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I'm guessing you haven't seen Pompeii?

Your review hasn't really endeared me to it TBH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Has anyone mentioned Dungeons and Dragons yet? Considering that it was made around the same time as Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings and was actually distributed by New Line it is just a terrible move all round and looks like it is a pilot for a Xena type show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Hootanany wrote: »
    Antichrist. Don't watch it you were warned.

Von Trier's films certainly aren't for everyone, a bit too arty for some .

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wfdrun

eraserhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

What to expect when you're expecting.

The cyanide pills I've bought have done nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Thor: the dark world.
    Awful excuse for a movie. Sat through thirty minutes and had to turn it off - and I like superhero movies!!
    Seriously, it's like a couple of six years olds wrote the script. Stay well clear of it.

Actually the majority of marvel movies are dirt. Iron man 3, captain America, avengers, Incredible Hulk. Dreadful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 irishdub74

Sadly it was an Irish movie called Gold with James Nesbit i thought it was awful. First time i ever walked out on a movie! Monuments Men was pretty crap as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

I'm sorry I ddnt walk out of the cinema when Calvary was on. Ffs, awful film. I got it, I appreciated the cleverness of the way some bits were done and the way the characters were depicted blah blah, but it was still horrible. Seems to be the way Irish films are- grim, depressing, morbid, soul destroying. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

John dies in the end. Awful rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭BlatentCheek

The movie of The Wall: scenes of Bob Geldof sitting in a hotel room with a woman hoovering outside interspersed with bits of Pink Floyd music, utter tripe!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kaycee2

A clockwork orange

Awful

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Kaycee2 wrote: »
    A clockwork orange

Awful

No, it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

For me, it was Punch Drunk Love. Dunno if anyone has seen it, but, I thought it was going to be a typical Adam Sandler movie....I was expecting the WaterBoy part 2 or something. Punch Drunk Love was....well....something else.

Not my cup of tea, but honestly, the worst part was that I just kept expecting him to yell and tackle someone. But nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Thor: the dark world.
    Awful excuse for a movie. Sat through thirty minutes and had to turn it off - and I like superhero movies!!
    Seriously, it's like a couple of six years olds wrote the script. Stay well clear of it.

Actually the majority of marvel movies are dirt. Iron man 3, captain America, avengers, Incredible Hulk. Dreadful stuff.

Must be fun being 'controversial' for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Paul Blart: Mall Cop and billy madison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Watched Pompeii tonight. Awful. Cheesy, bland titanic meets gladiator tripe where you are actually rooting for the volcano.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

I saw that Movie 43 had cleaned up at the Razies. And, in truth, the Razzies can be a bit chin stroking, a couple of very funny (undeniably crass and low brow, ut hilarious) Adam Sandler comedies have swept the boards at them (Jack and Jill and That's My Boy are hilarious), so I downloaded it thinking it is probably some brilliantly crass, politically incorrect film that just wound the usual suspects up the wrong way.

How wrong I was. I honestly had to turn it off after 20 minutes. How anyone, I mean anyone, test audiences or what not, watched this and passed it for release beggars belief. If it had been the cinema I would have asked for a refund. Not sure if it was the worst film I have ever seen but it is certainly the worst I have seen in quite a few years. Disgraceful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I hated Eyes Wide Shut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

cloud493 wrote: »
    Must be fun being 'controversial' for the sake of it.

Ironman 3 is pretty poor as is Avengers, I liked the first Ironman for context.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Pulp Fiction..

Terrible, terrible movie. Actually, anything Tarantino touches is pretty sh!t TBH. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

(Jack and Jill and That's My Boy are hilarious).

Hilariously awful.

Jack and Jill is the least funny comedy I've seen in years if not ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭seablue

Pretty woman

mdwexford wrote: »
    Hilariously awful.

Jack and Jill is the least funny comedy I've seen in years if not ever.

I was in tears of laughter watching both of them. I honestly rate them as better than his more respected films like Happy Gilmore (I watched it there lately and it just hasn't aged very well).

I'll grant you, they are crass, low brow and grossly offensive, but that's what makes them great :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyvegas22

what are the worst movies to win an Oscar and the best movies that didn't win one?

what are the worst movies to win an Oscar and the best movies that didn't win one?

Goodfellas never won best picture. Only award went to Joe Pesci for best supporting actor. Utterly criminal. Best picture, screenplay, director, De Niro best actor, soundtrack, it should have cleaned up. Scorsese never even got an Oscar until The Departed.

I thought Zero Dark Thirty was terrible, I think it won a few Oscars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Scary Movie 5 , saw it on Sky Movies a few weeks back, or should i say my eyes glazed over the tv for a few minutes. Absoloutley dreadful , no funny lines or scenes, stupid parodys made of other films and whatever gags were mentioned were lacking in any shape of humour whatsoever. I thought to myself, how could movie executives put money together to release such crap?!!! :mad:

PS I thought Zero Dark Thirty was a great film, it does start off slowly, but it builds up really well to the finish, goes to show how misinformation was thrown out there that hampered a lot of the investigations!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

The Exorcist 2 was horrendous.

PS I thought Zero Dark Thirty was a great film, it does start off slowly, but it builds up really well to the finish, goes to show how misinformation was thrown out there that hampered a lot of the investigations!!!

I thought the last 20 minutes was the only high point myself (which was disappointing, as the whole Al Quaida/ war on terror current affairs is something I am quite interested in) . Jessica Chastain has the acting talent of a tree stump I'm afraid.

As for Scary Movie 5, when a franchise has little to none of any of the original cast involved in the film it really should not be watched. Are they still making American Pie films? Some of the original cast must be pushing the mid forties by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

just watched "Congo" on netflix - awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭snaphook

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Pulp Fiction..

Terrible, terrible movie. Actually, anything Tarantino touches is pretty sh!t TBH. :rolleyes:

:confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Are they still making American Pie films? Some of the original cast must be pushing the mid forties by now.

They've done 4 films with the original cast (or at least the vast majority of them) and 4 "franchise" films with Jim's Dad making cameo appearances. "Band Camp", "The Naked Mile", "The Book of Love" and "Beta House" are the franchise films, and they are absolutely awful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭snaphook

I think I read that Driving Miss Daisy is considered the weakest Best Picture winner from the past winners in terms of critical reviews, box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

The World's End with Simon Pegg and co.. Watched it over weekend, utterly dreadful movie and I'm usually a fan of theirs..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Goodfellas never won best picture. Only award went to Joe Pesci for best supporting actor. Utterly criminal. Best picture, screenplay, director, De Niro best actor, soundtrack, it should have cleaned up. Scorsese never even got an Oscar until The Departed.

I thought Zero Dark Thirty was terrible, I think it won a few Oscars.

I maintain my opinion to this day he got the Oscar for The Departed as an apology for having been robbed of the award for so many classics. The Departed is good, but not that good like. As is always the case the Asian film it is a remake of is better.

On Zero Dark Thirty, I watched a documentary about the operation a few days before watching that movie by pure chance, I enjoyed the documentary better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Santa With Muscles...

Hulk Hogan as a millionaire with amnesia that thinks he's Santa Claus.
    The worst movie ever without question..

I mean seriously...
    Suburban Commando was a god damn masterpiece compared to Santa with Muscles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Crash and Slumdog Millionaire are totally bottom of the barrel for me. Badly written, manipulative and mawkish films that were an excuse for the academy to pat themselves on the back for how cultured and socially aware they are.

As for what should have won: Can't think of a single year since The Godfather where my favorite film won.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Chicago has to be the worst film ever to win the best picture oscar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    just watched "Congo" on netflix - awful

Bad gorilla!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭whavin

Keith Lemon: The Film. I had it turn it off after 20 mins, sat there getting irritated and slightly angry watching it, it felt weird as it was only a movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Actually, most zombie films are pants, but Evil Dead and Evil Dead II are almost offensively shyte.

Hang on a fcuking minute, Evil Dead II is ****e?

Go wan outa that, hilarious film, one of my all time faves!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

Iv seen lots of ****e films but heres the top

Confetti (utter utter tripe the missus took us to it worst fim ever made)
    Knowing (id rather not know)
    The Happening
    Captain America (turned it off after an hour)
    Magicians (damn you Netflix for recommending that one)
    Norbit (anything eddie murphy since 2000 actually)
    Bronson

Im sure there are more but it would pain me to think of them

• Advertisement
Advertisement