Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the worst film you've ever seen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Citizen Kane is the Citizen Kane of bad movies.

See also 2001:A Space Odyssey, The Godfather and first sequel, Apocolypse Now, Pulp Fiction, The Shawshank Redemption, Schindler's List.

I could go on...but wont.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

Birneybau wrote: »
    The Godfather and first sequel, Apocolypse Now, Pulp Fiction, The Shawshank Redemption, Schindler's List.

:confused:

Good call :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Citizen Kane is the Citizen Kane of bad movies.

See also 2001:A Space Odyssey, The Godfather and first sequel, Apocolypse Now, Pulp Fiction, The Shawshank Redemption, Schindler's List.

LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

So dire I hunted down and purchased it, so I could show it to other people.

LOL :D

Mike got it.

Mike got it.

Erm...no, hence my sarcasm, all those films above practically groundbreaking in their genres , particular Citizen Kane .......

Erm...no, hence my sarcasm, all those films above practically groundbreaking in their genres , particular Citizen Kane .......

Yeah, I thought you understood I was taking the p!ss...

Obviously not.

Yeah, I thought you understood I was taking the p!ss...

Obviously not.

My bad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

whirlpool wrote: »
    The Exorcist 2 was horrendous.

Indeed, poor old Richard Burton was in it. Man, for such a talented actor he didn't half star in some really ****e movies. Those two divorces from Liz Taylor must have really made him strapped for cash.

Freddy Got Fingered is mentioned quite a bit. Tom Green sexually interfering with a horse and an elephant, not to mention swinging a newborn baby over his head using the umbilical cord :eek: Thank God I haven't seen Tom Green in anything else since.

Year One with Jack Black and Michael Cera was a truly awful film , I'm pissed off with myself that I didn't ask for a refund afterwards. The most drab, unimaginative and boring comedy I have ever seen. It had nothing to recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

AHA!

American Psycho 2

The worst film ever made.

There.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

cloud493 wrote: »
    Must be fun being 'controversial' for the sake of it.

I find the Marvel films pretty bad as well. Not bad enough for this thread, but they're the most insipid series of forgettable blockbusters I've ever witnessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

what are the worst movies to win an Oscar and the best movies that didn't win one?

Agree with Chicago and Driving Miss Daisy. Chicago is awful and Driving Miss Daisy is just really mediocre. I quite enjoyed Slumdog and Crash (although Brokeback Mountain was robbed the year Crash won).

I'd also add The Greatest Show on Earth and Shakespeare in Love to the list of undeserving Best Pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Agree with Chicago and Driving Miss Daisy. Chicago is awful and Driving Miss Daisy is just really mediocre. I quite enjoyed Slumdog and Crash (although Brokeback Mountain was robbed the year Crash won).

I'd also add The Greatest Show on Earth and Shakespeare in Love to the list of undeserving Best Pictures.

Yours is post 666, so clearly these must be the most wretched pieces of crap ever, as ordained by Satan himself. Hail Satan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

K-Pax with Kevin Spacey...up there with the rest of the muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Drive with Ryan Gosling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

Flash Gordon was pure muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

people obviously haven't watched enough movies to see what is truly bad

"Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things"
    So cheap they didn't bother giving the characters names and used the actor's names instead

"Invisible Zombies"
    Great idea for a cheap movie, virtually no special effects required because the zombies were invisible. The VHS cover it was a drawing and on the back where there was normally a still from the movie was a picture which was a badly cropped part of the front cover.

I remember watching a film with Brandon Lee. The whole thing was filmed on a sound stage. They used lights and shadows on a blank screen to represent where the people were. At one point they were meant to be in a mansion and to represent this there was a shadow of a window frame projected onto the screen behind them. It was like something from Playschool. It was really confusing to watch as they script would had them talking about the beautiful interiors of the room. This included non existing paintings on the walls (no walls nor painting). It wasn't some artsy movie either it was a fung fu one

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

Closer, the one with Julia Roberts, Jude Law, Clive Owen and Natalie Portman

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

louthguy25 wrote: »
    .............Bronson

Im sure there are more but it would pain me to think of them

Ah here, your list was grand up to this point.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Bernie - with jack black. Omg! Horrendously, stupid movie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Billy the Kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

knights of badassdom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I don't really like silence of the lambs. I could never buy into Anthony Hopkins performance as Hannibal Lector. Brian Cox in Manhunter played him a whole lot better!!

The guy playing Lector in the tv series Hannibal makes Hopkins look like a cartoon character.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Closer, the one with Julia Roberts, Jude Law, Clive Owen and Natalie Portman

I thought that was great. My sister rates it about as highly as you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Just saw Pompeii.
    It's a contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭zuhuraswa

Taken 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

snausages wrote: »
    I find the Marvel films pretty bad as well. Not bad enough for this thread, but they're the most insipid series of forgettable blockbusters I've ever witnessed.

I did like them, but I can see the market being oversaturated at this point an their will be an implosion of sorts. They're power fantasies for kids and teens deep down in my mind. They'ree very much a guilty thing.

If this were the 1980's people would put them on par with the dumb action movie Rambo shoot em up American sorts out the world's problem movies, that came out in the decade.

I suspect 20-30 years from now and we'll think of them think like that(in a so bad it's good), hell I'm already thinking it!

Even the amazing Nolan movies, which I watched recently again, look a bit naff already, for all the pretensions of grounding the world, it sort made worse than if they said "look a man in a batsuit, let's go mental"

What happens if we're all living in a utopia 30 years (unlikely from now will seen indulgently brooding, just as we look at the Reeve Superman in the opposite way now as naive and optimistic

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

smilerf wrote: »
    Flash Gordon was pure muck
    Nah , it's a guilty pleasure , oodles of cheese and ham and a soundtrack by Queen

you've missed the whole point of the film
    go read this http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/FlashGordon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

this thead is just one big "________________" is worst movie i have ever seen.

the fact that se7en, star wars, requiem for a dream and memento were mentioned as "worst ever movie" shows that some people here have no taste whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Just watched "the punisher". Up there for one of the worst films I've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

two that come to mind are INLAND EMPIRE and Donny Darko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Worst movie I've ever seen is 'Knowing' with Nicholas Cage. Literally couldn't believe what I was watching. Utter sh1te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Nothing left to fear.

And generally any film where the complete lack of common sense makes me turn off the tellybox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

The Big Lebowski

Nothing in it. Hate the Dude.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    this thead is just one big "________________" is worst movie i have ever seen.

the fact that se7en, star wars, requiem for a dream and memento were mentioned as "worst ever movie" shows that some people here have no taste whatsoever.

Anyone who does not like requiem for a dream needs a long hard look at themselves!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

skeg16 wrote: »
    Anyone who does not like requiem for a dream needs a long hard look at themselves!!
    Someone has a subjective opinion on a piece of art? Oh no!

While I'm here...some advice please :)

I've just finished watching the Godfather 1&2 for the first time....I no, I no, what have I been doing with my life etc.

I personally preferred Godfather 1, mostly due to Brando but everyone has their favorite.

Should I bother watching the 3rd film or is it a pure waste of time, I've heard good and bad news so not sure If I want to throw 3 hours of my life away. The fact that it was released 15 odd years after the 2nd is really putting me off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Watch it, it's not nearly as bad as people like to make out. I think because the first two are generally regarded as modern masterpieces, the third one pales somewhat in comparison. That doesn't make it a bad film in itself, though.

Some casting and pacing issues aside, I very much enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Got to be the Horse Whisperer. I wasted 2+hours of my life for that crap and nothing happened in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

what are the worst movies to win an Oscar and the best movies that didn't win one?

Chicago. I think It was given to that film because it was post 9/11 and the most cheerful of the bunch against the likes of The Pianist and LOTR:TT
    I thought while Chicago as stage musical works, that film was tripe. Nice,
    but never Oscar best picture standards
    over Peter Jackson or even Martin Scorsesies Gangs of New York

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

zuhuraswa wrote: »
    Taken 2!

Haha I literally can't understand the premise of that movie:

"Hey guys remember that guy that we fūcked with last year who we absolutely should not have fùcked with and ended up killing most of us?"

"Yeah..."

"Let's fûck with him again!"

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

3 words... Eat Pray Love... I've just about forgivem Julia Roberts for that horrible mis-step

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

The Shawshank Redemption didnt win any Oscars :eek:. End of discussion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ruth_wex

The Invention of Lying is the only film I've actually walked out of in the cinema ... if something is really bad I usually just go for a snooze but that was so annoyingly terrible (and such a wasted, potentially great storyline) we just upped and left!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭IrishProd

Should I bother watching the 3rd film or is it a pure waste of time, I've heard good and bad news so not sure If I want to throw 3 hours of my life away. The fact that it was released 15 odd years after the 2nd is really putting me off!!

Godfather 3 is really underrated, well worth a watch.

Aside from some of the special effects, 2012 is the worst film that I have ever seen, along with the last two Transformer films, the first one was bearable.

And the last Indian Jones film was a shocking pile of crap, I just wanted to punch Shia LeBeouf right in the face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Any film on tv3 to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Without a doubt 47 Ronin was sheer affrontery to my delicate sensibilities. Just pure muck that somehow managed to have the most overwrought overlong ending of any movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

bad neighbours which i saw recently in the cinema

the most terrible movie i have ever seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

ChewChew wrote: »
    Bernie - with jack black. Omg! Horrendously, stupid movie!
    That was excellent and a true story. Off beat so jars with some but not what I would call a bad movie.
    Billy the Kid.

"Lardy lubrication" is something I still say to my friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

While I'm here...some advice please :)

I've just finished watching the Godfather 1&2 for the first time....I no, I no, what have I been doing with my life etc.

I personally preferred Godfather 1, mostly due to Brando but everyone has their favorite.

I think Sofia Coppola bars alot of the negative association a bit unfairly too, I mean fair enough she's not a great actress, but I think you could probably have stuck anyone in there and their impact wouldn't have been much more. It's still a poor movie compared to the other 2 that went before and I think alot of people just felt let down by it obviously.

• Advertisement
Advertisement