Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the worst film you've ever seen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

Almost everything directed by M knight shaman. The Happening is the worst the actors actualy take the Mick out of it after a while.

That flick After Earth is pretty dyer also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Ah go on away outta that...

Pure rubbish. Most memorable line (if I remember correctly ;) ) was like ten minutes in and when it was over I felt incredibly underwhelmed. A bad movie being bad is better than a supposed great movie being bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Anything involving Ben Stiller or Adam Sandler. Absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

The Big Lebowski

You'll get crucified for that one, but I didn't much care for it either.

Another one critics seem to love, but I hated with a passion was 'I Heart Huckabees'. It's the second worst film I've ever seen - hated it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Date night was bad. I didn't like there will be blood either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Battlefield Earth

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Inception.

osarusan wrote: »
    In terms of stuff with a big enough budget:

Armageddeon was a disgrace to cinema.

Se7en was s steaming pile of crap.

The Big Lebowski

Methinks some wind up merchants are just home from the pub ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

The Big Lebowski

How conveniently provocative and controversial. Almost as if you'd chosen it to provoke reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Recently, gravity. Awful awful movie. Script must have been written in crayon.

Notable crap;

Water world.
    Godfather three.
    Anything with Ryan a Gosling in it. The dude is wooden.
    Anything with Nicolas a Cage in it. He must be drawing disability.

• Advertisement

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Methinks some wind up merchants are just home from the pub ;)

Armageddon was utter shite, though. He's right on that one.

Michael Bay has to be one of the top three worst directors working today.

IRcolm wrote: »
    How conveniently provocative and controversial. Almost as if you'd chosen it to provoke reaction.

???

Oh this is the internet. I forgot you cant dislike The Big Lebowski. I just didn't enjoy it. Way to over hyped. As your comment shows. Its impossible to dislike it without being subject to that response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Rob094 wrote: »
    The Spirit.

Only time I've ever wanted to leave the cinema early however my friend insisted it could redeem itself in the second half.
    It didn't.

This. Had a very similar experience.

Another really bad movie that a actually grew to loath was the Day after Tomorrow remake. Keanu Reeves is a mild mannered alien etc etc Global Destruction yada yada we all learn a valuable lesson as a species.... But the quality of the acting... Sweet 8 pound 3 ounce Baby Jesus it was a master class in what not to do in front of a camera.

And Will Smiths kid... Oh my God. The sooner he realises that his kid has none of the charm or likability that he has the sooner he can stop stuffing his talentless child down our collective throats.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭35cent

The Room is technically the worst film ever made but at least it was unintentionally hilarious in every aspect. But the worst film I've ever seen was Resident Evil: Extinction or Paranormal Activity 2. Those were just painful to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Dan in real life... 2 hours of pure wanting to kill myself.. Could have turned it off but I thought the girlfriend liked it... I was wrong v.v

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Anything with Nicolas a Cage in it. He must be drawing disability.

PUT THA BUNNAY IN THA BOX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

???

Oh this is the internet. I forgot you cant dislike The Big Lebowski. I just didn't enjoy it. Way to over hyped. As your comment shows. Its impossible to dislike it without being subject to that response.

Alright, but - it wouldn't be the worst film you've ever seen - you dislike it based on having to like it. But 'meh' isn't the same as thinking it's the worst.

I have a similar attitude to Drive, think it's utter **** and people over hype it far too much - but I still wouldn't call it the worst film I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Snakes On A Plane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Freddy got fingered

sweet Jebus :eek::eek::eek:

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

That one with Jim Carrey in it. Also, that one with Tom Cruise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

endacl wrote: »
    That one with Jim Carrey in it. Also, that one with Tom Cruise.

That'd about sum it up for me too! I don't understand the Jim Carrey hype, and don't get me started on Tom Cruise, the way he spits out the words when he speaks.. grr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

In America

The Human Centipede

Taken

littlelulu wrote: »
    Adam and Paul....

That was utter faeces!

No, it bloody wasn't.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

If somebody even dares put down Hachi: A Dog's Tale; I hope your LCD explodes and scars you for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Highlander: The Source

A tremendously awful movie. Fell asleep halfway through didn't bother rewinding back to the bit I missed. I rented it and didn't return the dvd so I could save other people from the pain of watching it.

The Big Lebowski

Ah jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

dee_mc wrote: »
    That'd about sum it up for me too! I don't understand the Jim Carrey hype, and don't get me started on Tom Cruise, the way he spits out the words when he speaks.. grr!

The Mask and the 1st Ace Ventura were pretty decent though

What is so good about TBL?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thread cannot be taken seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I was a kid for the first Ace Ventura so of course I loved it! Anything since though, bleurgh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The movie with richard gere in it, the one where the dog waits for him at the train station.

• Advertisement

In hindsight,I think Jim Carrey and Ben Stiller are far more talented than the likes of Will Ferrell ever were. (See the Secret Life of Walter Mitty)

Carrey is a genius, no question. What a mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Charlie19 wrote: »
    The movie with richard gere in it, the one where the dog waits for him at the train station.

Pretty Woman?

Charlie19 wrote: »

Hamish: A Dogs Tail, is it?

What is so good about TBL?

Brilliantly written, brilliantly directed, brilliantly acted, brilliant soundtrack - just brilliant. It mightn't be everyone's cup of tea (the best stuff never is) but to name it as the worst movie ever seen is absolutely daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Anybody that dislikes every jim carrey movie ever made must be the most boring person on earth!

I mean even if ya dont like his silly stuff (which is epic) he still has the truman show and eternal sunshine of the eternal happiness(pretty damn good movies)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Hamish: A Dogs Tail, is it?

thats the one.

Brilliantly written, brilliantly directed, brilliantly acted, brilliant soundtrack - just brilliant. It mightn't be everyone's cup of tea (the best stuff never is) but to name it as the worst movie ever seen is absolutely daft.

Ive no doubt its not the worst movie ever. That's not what the thread is about though.

If it was, we would all say Jack and Jill by Adam Sandler (I imagine)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Cellular

Pretty Woman?

Legit LOL. I just woke the house laughing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Christmas With The Kranks. I put it on from Netflix around Christmas for the kids expecting a lighthearted and vaguely amusing slaspstick cheesefest to get us into the mood. It was written by John Grisham and had Tim Allen, Jamie Lee Curtis and Dan Akroyd in it. I wasn't expecting it to be good, but it was truly abysmal. There wasn't a single joke. It was the absolute opposite of funny. Not one of us so much as smiled during it.

It wasn't even cliched. It did have a message, which was "you can't enjoy Christmas unless you have all this material crap and you really, really need to conform with your neighbours". Weird as hell, a joyless humourless consumerist Christmas comedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Big Lebowski haters, well thats just like your opinion man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

No Holds Barred is probably the worst I've seen, the theme tune is its only redeeming quality. The Postman was awful too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Never liked Jim Carrey until Dumb & Dumber (which was absolute genius) and never liked him after. Too hyper, á la Robin Williams. However,in terms of awful movies (so many!) I would immediately think of Pearl Harbour and Armageddon, in regard to big budget and laughable script/acting.

When it comes to actors, Keanu Reeves and Nicolas Cage are always death to a movie.

Adamantium wrote: »
    In hindsight,I think Jim Carrey and Ben Stiller are far more talented than the likes of Will Ferrell ever were. (See the Secret Life of Walter Mitty)

Carrey is a genius, no question. What a mind.

Both Will Ferrell and Jim Carey are exceptionally good actors. Ben Stiller is nowhere even close, although some of his movies are enjoyable nonsense. Will Ferrell skeptics should watch Stranger Than Fiction to see what he's really capable of - an exceptional movie.

Ive no doubt its not the worst movie ever. That's not what the thread is about though.

The thread is called "The Worst Movie You've ever seen".:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Never liked Jim Carrey until Dumb & Dumber (which was absolute genius) and never liked him after. Too hyper, á la Robin Williams. However,in terms of awful movies (so many!) I would immediately think of Pearl Harbour and Armageddon, in regard to big budget and laughable script/acting.

When it comes to actors, Keanu Reeves and Nicolas Cage are always death to a movie

But...Point Break!

Also, Nicolas Cage made some great films back in the day....Leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona, Honeymoon in Vegas, Moonstruck, Adaptation etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

sabat wrote: »
    films can be 'bad' for a lot of reasons but the only one that actually makes me angry is Requiem for a Dream. It's the perfect example of artistic and intellectual failure and when any 'cinema fan' mentions it as one of their favorites I instantly lose all respect for them

Codswhallop. Although it wouldn't be one of my favorites it certainly isn't one of the worst!

Think about Highlander, Disaster Movie, The battle for Los Angles and War of the Worlds!

The thread is called "The Worst Movie You've ever seen".:rolleyes:

Exactly. I'VE ever seen. Not ever seen as you stated here:

'Brilliantly written, brilliantly directed, brilliantly acted, brilliant soundtrack - just brilliant. It mightn't be everyone's cup of tea (the best stuff never is) but to name it as the worst movie ever seen is absolutely daft.'

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

People tend to either hate or love The Big Lebowski, I don't think I've heard of anyone be indifferent to it :P one of my favourite comedies personally.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That film Keith Duffy was in Robocroc

• Advertisement
Advertisement