Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the worst film you've ever seen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Exactly. I'VE ever seen. Not ever seen as you stated here:

'Brilliantly written, brilliantly directed, brilliantly acted, brilliant soundtrack - just brilliant. It mightn't be everyone's cup of tea (the best stuff never is) but to name it as the worst movie ever seen is absolutely daft.'

So, you've never seen a worse movie than The Big Lebowski? That's some charmed life you've been living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Hard Target was so bad it's good, if that counts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ryan Goslings Only God Forgives. Did not get this at all, total nonsense.

Grabbers.. An Irish comedy/horror. Terrible stuff altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

But...Point Break!

Also, Nicolas Cage made some great films back in the day....Leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona, Honeymoon in Vegas, Moonstruck, Adaptation etc.

Keep taking the tablets, dude!

Point Break would have been a reasonable film with any handsome leading man other than Reeves - he's so wooden it's hilarious. He never changed one iota from Bill and Ted's Awesome Adventure (or whatever it was called) - without doubt the worst A-list leading man in movie history.

Cage is not on that level - he is just ordinary awful. I reckon Captain Corelli's Mandolin is his most cringe-worthy performance but I am well open to correction - think ConAir, Face/Off etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Mutant Chronicles
    Three

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

So, you've never seen a worse movie than The Big Lebowski? That's some charmed life you've been living.

I'm sure if everyone had a list of every movie they've seen then a lot of these answers would be different.

In regards to this thread, TBL came right to my mind when I read the title. I posted my views under a different name last year in Films and got a similar response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I have seen plenty of badly made, badly acted movies in my time (titan vs boa, battlefield, piranha etc.) But I am going to dedicate my answer to the most disappointed feeling I had after leaving the cinema. Two movies hyped to the very last, became overindulged messes in which the creators themselves felt that they were gods:

The matrix reloaded and the matrix revolutions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Anything directed by Michael Mann. He can take a great story and basically turn it into ****.
    The new karate kid movie. Will smiths son is so unlikeable.
    The portrait of Dorian grey. Turned it off after 20 mins and was gutted cos I love the book.
    Lost in space with joey. Oh and the day the earth stood still. Jaysis a turd if ever there was one.

Was just reading a thread on another site there where people were listing their worst ever films and it got me thinking of the worst film I ever saw.

For me, it was a film called 'Nothing But Trouble', which was Dan Aykroyd's one and only attempt at directing. Jesus, it was bad. I think it even won a razzie award the year it came out. Many films have come close, but nothing has ever beaten the sheer, jaw dropping awfulness of that film yet for me.

What film tops the all time shit-o-meter for you?

Ah jaysus, there is an unforgotten-until-now gem from my childhood. I absolutely loved that film about 20+ years ago even though it freaked me out a little. Can't imagine it being worth the watch as a 'grown up' now, haha I'd say it is complete dogshíte!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭orangesoda

Wolf Creek, I gave the DVD away to a friend for free (i never give anything away free) it was that bad, very gruesome as well, whoever enjoys the gruesomeness in that film isn't right in the head.

Speaking of films, there was a good film on RTE earlier on called 'please give'

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

Bride wars - Anne Hathaway and blonde actress who is the daughter of a famous actress. Both their names escape me. It was god awful and makes women look like stupid harpies

Cool world- kim bassinger, Brad Pitt and gabriel byrne.
    It could have been an amazing film but the plot was weak, horrible special effects and the dialogue was painful

Tyler Perry's madea 's witness protection program- are his films distributed in Ireland? I hope not. Stereotypes galore and bad everything.
    Nuff said

Black dahlia- josh Hartnett, Scarlett johanssen. I really wanted to like this film. I love james Elroy, the forties, and film noir. It just didn't make any sense. Luckily I only paid $4 bucks for it and i think I recycled the DVD

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Piratez

Keith Lemon the movie omg what a load of rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

orangesoda wrote: »
    Wolf Creek, I gave the DVD away to a friend for free (i never give anything away free) it was that bad, very gruesome as well, whoever enjoys the gruesomeness in that film isn't right in the head.

Speaking of films, there was a good film on RTE earlier on called 'please give'

The gore was the best part in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Methinks some wind up merchants are just home from the pub ;)
    Tis morning where I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

The Devils Advocate, I cannot stress how much I despise that streaming pile of horse manure...Al, what were you thinking!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I don't know about the worst ever, but one of the most disappointing was Transformers. I loved the original series when it first came out in 1984 and had been waiting years to see a live action film. Then Michael Bay completely ruined it.

I had no idea who the Transformers were supposed to be as they looked absolutely nothing like their original incarnations. The fight scenes were just blobs of colour and I had no idea what was supposed to be happening. The Decepticons spent most of the film fighting the army rather than the Autobots and Megatron didn't even appear until the film was almost over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

American Pie 3: got it out on DVD at the time, and it was so bad I switched over to Neighbours in the middle of it

The Bucket List: Just awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Anything directed by Michael Mann. He can take a great story and basically turn it into ****.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxb9shOU8N1qk6z4l.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Top Gun. Just corny trash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Cohen and Tate. Brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

Don't know if it's been said, but after being intrigued by the title I found the following to be quite a let down:

Hobo With a Shotgun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Watchmen

Terminator 3. Even typing it is painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Shorty69664

Lost in Translation. Will never get them 2 hours back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Oh man, the choices in this thread.
    Oh man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Most of Adam Sandlers films in the last 5 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Dreamgirls, wife made me watch it, I nearly cried :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Drive. Boring arty nonsense. Turned if off to look at the grass grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Shy Ted

There are so many choices, but in no particular order:

Bad Ass
    Battleship
    Mega shark vs giant octopus
    Cable guy
    Transformers 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

The Master with Joaquin Pheonix
    A turd of a movie... bored me to tears

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Oblivion

You don't see many films, do you? It has a 7 rating on IMDB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Anything by the Coen brothers. Raising Arizona and that one with "the dude" are particular low points. They're awful at do many things but comedy is their nadir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Fatal Attraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Top Gun. Just corny trash.

The door is that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Wag the Dog with Dustin Hoffmann, pure unadulterated plap.

Absolute masterpiece in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

Scent of a Woman

everytime al pacino opened his mouth i felt like i wanted to punch him in the face. And i'm a fan of pacino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Green Street. Preposterous film about football hooligans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Sharknado:D
    I shall not sit by and hear you bad mouth a brilliant movie like Sharknado......

To be fair. What do you expect from a channel called SyFy.... they can't even spell Sci-Fi correctly
    ciaran12 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been said, but after being intrigued by the title I found the following to be quite a let down:

Hobo With a Shotgun

But all he wanted was the lawnmower.

I walked out of "The Green Lantern" I'd rather eat my own sick than sit through that again.

Other terrible films include:
    Dragonball Evolution
    Primer (Watch it at least once)
    Transformers movies (the michael bay ones)
    Freddy Got Fingered
    Going Overboard (How Adam Sandler had a career after that is beyond me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The Counselor, what in the name of Jaysus was goin on there!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Memento. It just kept repeating the same scenes over and over again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭BearBanjer

Tokarev wrote: »
    Plan 9 from outer space.

People told me, watch it, it's a cult classic and all that.

What a crock of crap it was.

This is known for being the worst movie ever made.

I've seen some shockers, but one stands out.

Given the legacy they had to work with and the budget, I'd have to say Brian Singer's Superman Returns.

Horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

e_e wrote: »
    I've seen a tonne of just incompetently made films that I was more or less indifferent about but here's some films I actively hated:

Babel
    Charlie Casanova
    Crash
    Eden Lake
    The Impossible
    The Passion of the Christ
    Salo or the 120 Days of Sodom
    Slumdog Millionaire

I thought eden lake was well made. There was a horrible sense of dread about it and left me very unsettled but that was the aim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Alone in the Dark was utter tripe.
    Burn After Reading was one of those you hear is good, but it was pretentious cack.

I had heard about this film called The Imposter that was supposed to be amazing.

I downloaded and watched it and it was a horrifically bad film.

I later realised there are two films called the Imposter. The good one was realeased in 2012.

This pile of poo I subjected myself to was released in 2008:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1175292/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

smilerf wrote: »
    The Master with Joaquin Pheonix
    A turd of a movie... bored me to tears

I liked that actually.

Incredibly depressing but visually stunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

Exorcist II.... Laughed the whole way through, terrible on so many levels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Fescue wrote: »
    Green Street. Preposterous film about football hooligans.

And hobbits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bonedigger

Oliver Stone's 'Alexander' - very cringeworthy!
    A Vincent Price film 'Witchfinder General' directed by Michael Reeves - absolutely awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Some of the choices here are disgraceful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's a three way tie between The Hamiltons, Little Nicky and Movie 43.

Advertisement