Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yet anothet company name question

Options
  • 03-05-2014 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Just wondering what's best option for sole trader name. Owner name: X, company name: Y. Can I register a company name as X and sign invoices X, on behalf of Y? Or something similar? AFAIK if I register company name as X I won't need separate bank account and I just want to make it easy. Is that right? Is it good thinking or am I missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

If as you say, you register the company as x and sign as x then y doesn't exist.

If you are starting a new business then DO open a separate account for it.

You can register it with CRO as any name you like (y) as long as its available.

You can then have a bank account name of x ( trading as y).

X or other nominated x's will sign on behalf y.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

If you are a sole trader then you have a business name not a company name.

You should have a seperate bank account for your business it will make it easier for you to keep your business and personal expenses seperate.

If your business name is the same as your own name then you can open a bank account in that name. If your business name is different then you have to register it with the CRO to get a bank account in that business name.

Advertisement