Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Diving Buddy for Kerry Area?

Options
  • 03-05-2014 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hello there,

So, here's the run down: I'm based in Listowel, and I have most of my kit for free diving - fins, mask and the wet suit anyway. I also have a weight belt, but no weights yet. I did a free diving course up in Sligo a year or so ago, covering the basics.

I have gone out on my own a bit, but not (very) far out and not too deep, and only in places I'm familiar. Unfortunately the visibility in these places is pretty poor to say the least, but to go anywhere else I'd much rather go with a diving buddy who knows what they're at.

I'm confident in the water, but have no intention of drowning myself so I could do with finding someone to head out with.

Sure give me a shout if you're in the same boat (so to speak), or if you head out regularly and know where I might be better directing this question.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ripapenist

Hi,
    I know this is a rather late reply but I am starting out and would love a freediving training buddy. I'm based in Kenmare and often freedive at Castlecove, O' Carroll's Cove and Derrynane. Crystal clear stunning water.
    <mod snip - no private Email addys - PM only>
    Look forward to meeting up.
    Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

ripapenist wrote: »
    Hi,
    I know this is a rather late reply but I am starting out and would love a freediving training buddy. I'm based in Kenmare and often freedive at Castlecove, O' Carroll's Cove and Derrynane. Crystal clear stunning water.
    <mod snip - no private Email addys - PM only>
    Look forward to meeting up.
    Rip

Hi Rip,

Thanks a million for the message and sorry for not replying sooner. Yes, still on the lookout for a freediving buddy. Unfortunately I'm mad busy all this month but we can definitely try to organise something. I was actually down around the Ring of Kerry a few weeks ago, but didn't get a chance to get in the water.

Thanks again. Talk to you soon.

Damo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ripapenist

Hi,
    Better late than never. I was beginning to think I was the only one mad enough to hold my breath.
    Still, that's good news and next month onwards would suit me as well as I'm also busy. Once you know what's what, drop me a line and let's sort something out.

Look forward to it.
    Rip

Advertisement