Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Gilmartin's son on LLS - "You people make the mafia look like monks"

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

There is a whole thread dedicated to that ridiculous way of thinking. People in all walks of life follow their parents into the same field or get jobs with relatives. Doing the same job your father did is no proof of being bad at it.

The best candidate is the best candidate. Regardless of who their mother or father is/was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Families_in_the_Oireachtas

The best candidate in other walks of life gets sufficient points in the leaving cert, chooses the same college course, completes their years in college / apprenticeship/ training and is selected by interview for whatever position they will occupy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

People say all politicians are the same but I have a genuine hatred of Fianna fail.I don't even like any other parrty but all I know is I hate this crowd.they're the most corrupt shower I've seen and I think they're in a league of their own.if they get voted in again I'll emigrate again.p Flynn is one of the most disgusting animals I've ever seen.He represents and epitomizes everything that's wrong in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Tom Gilmartin did some service for this country, or at least he tried to.

Haughey & his ilk did not.

This is very plain & simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭ryan101

The notion that only FF are capable of corruption, and its all in the past, is yet another Irish recipe for diasater.
    All the other parties are eqully as capable.
    Honest people don't go into poltics in Ireland.
    Wake up folks.
    Before its too late . . . again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

ryan101 wrote: »
    The notion that only FF are capable of corruption, and its all in the past, is yet another Irish recipe for diasater.
    Wake up folks.

You keep saying this ,but it is simply not true. I can only assume that you are FF at this stage and are trying the old tactic of tarring everyone with the same brush.

marienbad wrote: »
    You keep saying this ,but it is simply not true. I can only assume that you are FF at this stage and are trying the old tactic of tarring everyone with the same brush.

yep I must be FF . . . dear God . . . FF are dead and buried, for now, it's the rest of the scum we should also be keeping an eye on or we'll be seeing more of the same. Why do the same mistakes have to be repeated over and over in this country, not a single anti corruption law or measure has been introduced since the departute of FF to prevent their antics happening again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

smurgen wrote: »
    p Flynn is one of the most disgusting animals I've ever seen.He represents and epitomizes everything that's wrong in this country.

He should be put down hes a waste of oxygen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

smurgen wrote: »
    People say all politicians are the same but I have a genuine hatred of Fianna fail.I don't even like any other parrty but all I know is I hate this crowd.they're the most corrupt shower I've seen and I think they're in a league of their own.if they get voted in again I'll emigrate again.p Flynn is one of the most disgusting animals I've ever seen.He represents and epitomizes everything that's wrong in this country.

True.

However, a lot of politicians are fairly alrite.

Haughey introduced corruption into this country on a grand scale.

As a result FF was riddled with his cancer..

True.

However, a lot of politicians are fairly alrite.

Haughey introduced corruption into this country on a grand scale.

As a result FF was riddled with his cancer..

It was alive and well long before CJH, and it's alive and well today inside and outside FF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

It was alive and well long before CJH, and it's alive and well today inside and outside FF
    Can you provide any proof of the part in bold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Wake up folks.

Have been reading through this thread and being apolitical (until now), but having zero allegiance to any party - I am really frustrated hearing that the other parties are equally capable of corruption. That may well be the case - but FF have PROVEN their corruption (in spades!)

I'm boggled that people can defend/excuse the c*** that went on and might still vote these people into office, due to what - party allegiance?couldn't cope with change?distrust in 'the other side'? What....

I don't know if I can be bothered voting - my patriotic side says I should - but, as someone stated earlier - even if Nelson Mandela himself was standing for FF...I couldn't cast a vote for FF.

red sean wrote: »
    Can you provide any proof of the part in bold?

The recent Gardai corruption, the CRC scandal, Irish Water consultants fiasco, all nothing to do with the convenient excuse of
    'no FF ? , sure that means there can be no corruption in Ireland'

yep I must be FF . . . dear God . . . FF are dead and buried, for now, it's the rest of the scum we should also be keeping an eye on or we'll be seeing more of the same. Why do the same mistakes have to be repeated over and over in this country, not a single anti corruption law or measure has been introduced since the departute of FF to prevent their antics happening again.

Dear God is right , if you can't distinguish between politicians what do you really have to offer ?

Have been reading through this thread and being apolitical (until now), but having zero allegiance to any party - I am really frustrated hearing that the other parties are equally capable of corruption. That may well be the case - but FF have PROVEN their corruption (in spades!)

I'm boggled that people can defend/excuse the c*** that went on and might still vote these people into office, due to what - party allegiance?couldn't cope with change?distrust in 'the other side'? What....

I don't know if I can be bothered voting - my patriotic side says I should - but, as someone stated earlier - even if Nelson Mandela himself was standing for FF...I couldn't cast a vote for FF.

It's a major problem, honest people do not go into Irish politics, and not a single party in this country is in any way trustworthy, I have no idea who to vote for.

I would never vote for Mandela the guy was a terrorist just like gerry adams. Its amazing how the media have turned him into some sort of modern saint. Also the ANC is even more corrupt than FF.

• Advertisement

The recent Gardai corruption, the CRC scandal, Irish Water consultants fiasco, all nothing to do with the convenient excuse of
    'no FF ? , sure lets take our eye off the ball'

This has already been debunked , it is the current crowd the put the mechanisms in place to expose this ****e. Or are you going to ignore everything and just parrot the same line ?

It's a major problem, honest people do not go into Irish politics, and not a single party in this country is in any way trustworthy, I have no idea who to vote for.

I will be voting for my local "direct democracy" candidate.

Are you mixing up poor decisions with corruption?
    A quick google search for a definition of political corruption gives us:

Political corruption is the use of power by government officials for illegitimate private gain. An illegal act by an officeholder constitutes political corruption only if the act is directly related to their official duties, is done under color of law or involves trading in influence. ...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_corruption

How does this relate to the current Govt.?
    The handling of the Garda whistleblowers ( which I presume you're referring to) was bad judgement on the Ministers behalf, definitely. The CRC are a charity and I can't see the equation of corruption and Irish Water.

Incidently, I have no political allegiances whatsoever.

This has already been debunked , it is the current crowd the put the mechanisms in place to expose this ****e. Or are you going to ignore everything and just parrot the same line ?

The current government has no problem associating its self with disgraced business man Denis O Brien. Its the same old FF politics just with FG in charge.

You didn't debunk anything, inc. shatter and the Guards, Enda's links to the CRC, and Fiasco Phil and his Irish water appointments.

Now, please run along, there's a good FF/FG/SF/Lab/Whatever mouth piece/shill, you are. You are all the same to me.

• Advertisement

You didn't debunk anything, inc. shatter and the Guards, Enda's links to the CRC, and Fiasco Phil and his Irish water appointments.

Now, please run along, there's a good FF/FG/SF/Lab/Whatever mouth piece/shill, you are. You are all the same to me.

So no answer to the fact that the Dail Committees set up by this government exposed all these items ?

And this is my second time asking - what exactly is the problem with Irish Water ? Or is just another soundbite ? First it was the money ,now it is appointments , so what exactly is the issue ?

\have you any solutions to offer ,other than venting that is ?

This link suggests the political link to CRC is with Bertie Ahern, not Kenny.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/crc-charity-bears-pac-1218543-Dec2013/

They could of got the water meters for free from siemens yet they spent millions on them. Its a very dodgy deal and I would be very surprised if back handers are not part of the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Completely agree with you......what then is the point in voting - same thing, different day. But FF, in my opinion are party non grata. There just doesn't seem to be any will for change or honesty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 JohnGrace2007

Excellent book,
    If only we had more people/developers with the same vision and integrity as Tom

Advertisement