Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ucd or Trinity for International Business?

Options
  • 03-05-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys! I'm in 6th year at the moment and as you know time is running out for choices on my Cao form! I really can't decide between international business in Trinity and international commerce in UCD as my number one choice. I'm very sporty and I know that the sport facilities in UCD are better but I do like the central location of Trinity.
    Have any of you experienced doing international Business in either college? did you enjoy it?
    Also, UCD gives me a chance to do two languages in the first year while Tcd only gives me the chance to do one, although I know I'll probably just keep the language I'm doing in school now :) thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Packet Of Gravy

I know a few people who've done both and the verdict is that they're intensive courses and they demand a really good language level. You'd want to be getting an A or high B in the LC. While no business subject is necessary for entry, it helps to have at least two.

Since you're not quite sure, maybe give BESS in TCD a look. It's broad with plenty of options and you can still keep on the language without being tied to it for 4 years of you don't want it. Some people find they much prefer the economics and sociology aspects to business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Laureo

Thank you, I do have a good standard of German and I'm aiming for an A in the leaving cert. Also doing business in school and love it. Yeah I've had a look into BESS and it seems like a great course, however, I actually love German and a huge aspect of the course "international commerce" is the language learning for me-kind of a hobby! The question I'm really asking here is Trinity or UCD? Also does anyone know anything about DCU/DIT for this course? Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Packet Of Gravy

Great that you're enjoying both business and German! In fact DCU is probably the best for you. The Global Business with German degree has two years in DCU and two years abroad in Germany. You get two degrees, one from DCU and one from the German uni. There's some time spent on work experience too making it very practical.

Remember that total immersion is best for the language skills. If you do the DCU programme you'll have a more natural accent and be more comfortable in using everyday language rather than using 'bookish' German.

The first thing any German employer will take note of is your language skills, secondly they'll be impressed by your superior understanding of life and work in Germany.

Advertisement