Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back in Ireland

Options
  • 03-05-2014 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Well I've just returned to Ireland after been away for almost 7 years. Looks like I'm taking up a job just behind the leopards town race course.

As a single 32 year old moving back to Dublin and working in that area where would you suggest I live? Any thoughts would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Rock field in dundrum. Short luas/ cycle / run to work. Short luas to town. Plenty of close by shops, parks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Dundrum/Milltown/Ranelagh.

Along the Green Luas route. One beds in Dundrum 1200/1300 Two beds 1400/1600 depending on apartment complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aidanathome

There are apartments to rent in Sandyford as well that would be a short walk to work, and on the Luas line, or anywhere else further out along the Luas as well, depending on budget.

Other than that, what Santa Cruz said above!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 morrigan2014

Well I've just returned to Ireland after been away for almost 7 years. Looks like I'm taking up a job just behind the leopards town race course.

As a single 32 year old moving back to Dublin and working in that area where would you suggest I live? Any thoughts would be great.

I've been living in the apartments in the Gallops estate for last two years. It's directly across from the racecourse (opposite side of m50). It's lovely and quiet and short walk to the Luas too. I'm in a 1 bed and it's €1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tricky2beat

Much going on in these areas at night and weekends? I'm walking in without knowing anyone so hoping to joking some sports teams and social events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Much going on in these areas at night and weekends? I'm walking in without knowing anyone so hoping to joking some sports teams and social events.
    Once you pick a place, look at meetup.com for nights out and sports in your local area.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tricky2beat

Thank you all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

somewhere within walking distance of work but near the luas would be ideal...

Advertisement