Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is my sort code and branch address?

Options
  • 03-05-2014 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I recently moved from Waterford to Naas. I set up my account while I was living in Waterford so my sort code on my card is from the Waterford branch. I went into Naas BOI to let them know i changed address but I didn't get any confirmation back. My question is does my sort code stay the same as before when I was living in Waterford or should i expect to receive a new sort code from the Naas branch. I need to fill out important info in the next couple of days. It also asks for my bank address. I don't know if I can use the Naas branch as my address and keep the Waterford sort code. Any reply on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Unless you close the account and open a new one in Naas, the sort code and account number will stay the same, it doesn't matter where you live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Garyjh126,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie

As coylemj has correctly said, your sort code will remain with your account holding branch in Waterford even though you have changed your home address to Naas. 

You can find the sort code and branch contact details for Waterford at our Branch Locator tool here

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement