Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby waking!

Options
  • 03-05-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Our little lad (15 months) has been sleeping straight through from ten weeks (Blessed we were, I know!) In the last four of five days however he has started waking at half six and this morning at five. The middle bottle has been dropped a few weeks now so I'm just wondering if ye have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Our little lad (15 months) has been sleeping straight through from ten weeks (Blessed we were, I know!) In the last four of five days however he has started waking at half six and this morning at five. The middle bottle has been dropped a few weeks now so I'm just wondering if ye have any ideas?
    My boy started this at about 16months and it was 5/5.30am starts too and had always slept until between 8 and 9 before that. It lasted about two months and is now back to 8am starts.most days. I think it is just a sleep regression.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Gee_G wrote: »
    My boy started this at about 16months and it was 5/5.30am starts too and had always slept until between 8 and 9 before that. It lasted about two months and is now back to 8am starts.most days. I think it is just a sleep regression.

We had it recently with our 20 month old maybe when she was about 16-17 months.
    I think part of it can be ignored we left her some things in cot to occupy herself.
    Other times we had to get her up.
    It was a phase.
    We had it with older daughter too.
    Lasted about 2 -3weeks
    Its tuff especially if you have to get up for work
    It will even out again !

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eishaa

My daughter (16 months now) went through similar phase about a month ago. I had to stay with her until she fell asleep and she'd be awake about 4.30. I'd give her a couple of toys to play with and her bottle of water and she was happy until a more reasonable hour ! It lasted about 3 weeks and she is back to her normal routine bed between 7-7.30pm and awake 7-7.30am

Advertisement