Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFibre Fluctuating speeds - High Ping

Options
  • 03-05-2014 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Up until last weekend I was receiving 30mb/s down and 14 mb/s up with low ping. This weekend this has fallen to 3.16 down and 7 up with a ping of around 80 - 100. 

I can't find any reason for this and have tested on two PCs, both the same result!

Earlier this morning around 1 am my speeds did go back to their original but are slow again today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Up until last weekend I was receiving 30mb/s down and 14 mb/s up with low ping. This weekend this has fallen to 3.16 down and 7 up with a ping of around 80 - 100. 

I can't find any reason for this and have tested on two PCs, both the same result!

Earlier this morning around 1 am my speeds did go back to their original but are slow again today.
    Hi Bobby,

Am outside limerick and download gone to pants aswell here, not on fibre but was getting 20M/756 (next door to exchange). Now getting below 1M down. Ping times gone to 100ms since firday eveing.

We're being routed through Galway (from Limerick) and from my modem to the B-ras server in galway is showing high ping times.

Hope it gets sorted soon, paying enough for this and cant work with it.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭KIERAN1

I have ASDL its happening on my line too. Does Eircom have an idea how serious an issue it is for gamers when your ping and jitter is this high.

You can have 50 meg and 20 down and it wouldn't matter if your ping and jitter were high. Low Ping and jitter are two of the most important things you need when you game online.

ESB broadband comes this year. Eircom better improve their service or i will be looking for an alternative provider in the next year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

KIERAN1 wrote: »
    I have ASDL its happening on my line too. Does Eircom have an idea how serious an issue it is for gamers when your ping and jitter is this high.

You can have 50 meg and 20 down and it wouldn't matter if your ping and jitter were high. Low Ping and jitter are two of the most important things you need when you game online.

ESB broadband comes this year. Eircom better improve their service or i will be looking for an alternative provider in the next year or two.
    While I can appreciate that its not worth trying to game on a line thats showing high ping times, its even worse when you are paying alot of money for a line that you expect to be solid at least 99% of the time for work that relies on you being able to RDP to many servers at once. Yet with ping times as shown below, Im lucky if I can work on one server at a time.

Dave_Modem_48hrs-PING%2B%25281%2529.png

Support for a product like this should not be Mon-Fri 9-5, the damn thing is broken now and we have to wait untill Tues to report it? WTF kind of backward ass country are we in? We need this to work!

(Nothing against the good people that work here, theyre subcontracted to Eircom and they do their best, but theyre obviously not getting the resources to do their work properly]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Mine is suddenly better today, hmmm

Suddenly ****e again this morning. 94 ping and 0.60 mb down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi BobbyPropane

This really should not be happening with efibre however the best advice I can offer is to contact efibre support on 1890260260 where they will be able run some tests on your service and investigate in full.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Well Bobby how is your service now?  Were the Eircom technicians any use?

Well Bobby how is your service now?  Were the Eircom technicians any use?
    Was away for the week, came back and everything was sorted by itself. If it happens again I'm saying goodbye to Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

My eFibre is doing the exact same.

Had it installed yesterday and was getting 40 down and 18 up.

Speedtest this morning and I'm getting 0.9 down and 10 up at 150m from the cab.

Why are you throttling my speeds already?

Absolutely PATHETIC.

Comreg will be my next stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

My eFibre is doing the exact same.

Had it installed yesterday and was getting 40 down and 18 up.

Speedtest this morning and I'm getting 0.9 down and 10 up at 150m from the cab.

Why are you throttling my speeds already?

Absolutely PATHETIC.

Comreg will be my next stop.
    Hi jantheman91

I can assure you that eircom are not throttling your speeds to a 0.9 download speed. This would be totally unacceptable. As your service was only recently installed there may be a few issues or an issues with your line which can be resolved. Please contact efibre support for assistance with this on 1890260260 [font=Times New Roman","serif]or webchat here: http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement