Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile Data – App Store Turning Its Self On

• 03-05-2014 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Really hope someone here can help. I usually have the app store app set to off when using mobile data but it keeps switching its self back on. I only noticed today after it’s eaten almost €30 worth of credit.
    Basically what happens is, I turn on mobile data, Set the app store to off, Turn off mobile data, Scroll back down the app store is on again. I have done this five this and it keeps turning its self on.

Any idea what’s causing this or what I should do?

Would I have any recourse with Vodafone? €30 Is a lot and I had no idea that the app store was updating all my apps using mobile data as I always have it switched to off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

If you have mobile data turned off it doesn't matter what the App Store is set at.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sarah22

I know that but I would like to keep my data on and not have to worry about the app store being turned on and having my apps updating etc.

I should be able to turn my data on and off without having to keep switching the app store to off.
    The problem occurs after I have switched off data, the app store switches to on so the next time I turn on my data the app store is back on again. i want to know why it automatically reverts to on. It never did this before.

Luckily I noticed this before it cost me any more credit!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Go into setting and turn off auto update for apps.

And tbh with an iPhone I'd look into an all you can eat data package. I have the €20 pet month deal with 3 and I'd never go back to a non inclusive unlimited data package. It's just too difficult with a smartphone.

Go into setting and turn off auto update for apps.

And tbh with an iPhone I'd look into an all you can eat data package. I have the €20 pet month deal with 3 and I'd never go back to a non inclusive unlimited data package. It's just too difficult with a smartphone.

Just checked and auto update is already set to off. So now i have no idea how the app store used so much data. I would love to change provider however I am stuck with vodafone as the phone is locked to vodafone.

Their Bill pay plans offer very little data and are very expensive so I would like to stick to pre pay.

The App store used 31.5MB of data would this amount to about €30 in credit? I Know I had very little data left in my plan about 4MB

Vodafone should unlock it for you as long as you spent a certain amount on credit.

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    Vodafone should unlock it for you as long as you spent a certain amount on credit.

Even if its a bill pay upgrade still under contract - My Dad got a bill pay upgrade gave the new phone to me and hes using his old phone on his new contract.

sarah22 wrote: »
    Even if its a bill pay upgrade still under contract - My Dad got a bill pay upgrade gave the new phone to me and hes using his old phone on his new contract.
    yeah get him to request the unlock, as long as he has paid €200 in bills since getting it they will unlock it. you can use any sim you want then.

Advertisement