Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gun license question

Options
  • 03-05-2014 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

hi all
    i recently went to a gun range and shot some .22lr handguns and rifles.
    i was looking in to getting one but im only 15. could i apply for a license through the club and be granted a license for a gun at 15? i was looking at the ruger10/22 or the gsg 1911
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You have to be at least 16 to have your own licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭irishairsoft1

i thought that. but could i keep it at a gun club without a license or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Being the owner of a gun or having the necessary licence/permit to use it or have it in your possession are two different things and minimum age for licencing your own is a little bit ahead for yourself.

If you know someone with whom you have enough mutual trust you could apply for a training cert on one of their firearms which would require you to shoot under his/her supervision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Your parent can licence it and you can then get a training cert on it, you can only use it in their company then and you would need their permission anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭irishairsoft1

ok thats sounds about right
    thanks for the info

• Advertisement
Advertisement