Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhD University of Ulster?

Options
  • 03-05-2014 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there, Just got offered a funded PhD position in University of Ulster Jordanstown in the dept of the built environment. I was wondering if anyone else studied a PhD there and how they found it? What kind of hours are expected, did you study in the library every day or are you left to your own devices at home?

I plan on living in Belfast city itself as although the campus in Jordanstown is lovely(epic sports facilities too!!) its a bit quiet for me, living in a university bubble with mostly first years I would imagine?

any experience on life in jordanstown would be great!

thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Danera

I am a 1st year international PhD student at Jordanstown in Built Environment as well. Regarding "studying"; you may not even spend time in the library as such but you'll be allocated a desk in a PhD pool office, you are required to report to the office everyday. I live in the halls, there aren't too many PhD students living there. I am planning to move into Belfast once my accommodation contracts expires at the end of May.
    Congrats and welcome to University of Ulster.

Advertisement