Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre availability (Checking for my mum)

Options
  • 03-05-2014 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi,

I was hoping someone from eircom would be able to tell me if my mum can get eFibre in our home house? I am checking as she doesn't really have a clue about the broadband and just wants to use it. We currently have eircom broadband but only get speeds of about 0.8MB/s which is terrible really (Tested using the speedtest on eircom.ie). According to the coverage map on eircom.ie it is available in our area but I want to make sure we can get it in our house.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Apologies, I ran through our number with the checker thing on eircom.ie and got this response:
    eFibre is available in your area but your address is not yet enabled.
    What does this mean? Is there anything we can do to get eFibre or is it a matter of waiting? Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Apologies, I ran through our number with the checker thing on eircom.ie and got this response:
    What does this mean? Is there anything we can do to get eFibre or is it a matter of waiting? Cheers!
    Hi IR1SH RANG3R

It really would be a matter of waiting until efibre becomes available.

No all areas in the shaded green area will be able to avail of an upgrade as works to cabinets will be ongoing over the next 18 months. If you want to PM me your mums landline number I'll check to see if her specific area is on the plans for the coming releases.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Hi IR1SH RANG3R

It really would be a matter of waiting until efibre becomes available.

No all areas in the shaded green area will be able to avail of an upgrade as works to cabinets will be ongoing over the next 18 months. If you want to PM me your mums landline number I'll check to see if her specific area is on the plans for the coming releases.

Thanks
    Al
    Will do! I'll send a PM now!

Advertisement