Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Shop

Options
  • 03-05-2014 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a cheap bike shop in Dublin to repair my bike. It's a Mountain Bike.

At the moment I have a flat tire on the back and want to change both tires to thin tires to make it hybrid, so it goes faster on the road.

Also have 2 skipping gears (the heaviest ones).

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Bolton Cycles, D1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

It depends where you live really, Dublin has many bike shops, they are all similar prices really.

There is a place called "bicycles shop" on Harolds Cross Road which I have found fantastic and very reasonable, the lads who run it are Romanian and are lovely, very knowledgable.

Bee Cycles next to the Coombe Hospital is fantastic too, very fair prices, just one guy in there on his own.

I bought my bike from Rothar and I have to say it gave me a lot of trouble, it took a service and changing of some of the dodgy parts left on it to really get the bike to it's full potential. A friend of mine brought her city bike into them for a service and it came out in worse shape than it went in. I know other people who have had more positive experiences with them but I'll be honest and say I wouldn't recommend them to a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

McDonald's on Wexford Street would be my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Rothar in templebar or Phibsboro

• Advertisement
Advertisement