Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Data Visualisations

• 03-05-2014 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭

What Data Visualisations tools have people worked with?

I'm familiar with Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire and a few others. Obviously all have their pros and cons.

What's your preference? And why?

What's your preferred data viz tool? 7 votes

Qlikview
    14% 1 vote
    Spotfire
    0% 0 votes
    Tableau
    0% 0 votes
    Microsoft
    57% 4 votes
    Pentaho
    28% 2 votes
    Other / Atari Datuar
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Should R be added to the list ? I've worked a bit with tableau but so far mainly with R using the ggplot2 library

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,276 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I predominantly use an Irish developed tool called Logix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Sleepy wrote: »
    I predominantly use an Irish developed tool called Logix.

Hadn't heard of it before. Is it open source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,276 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It's a proprietary software stack based on .NET and Delphi but it doesn't rely on proprietary languages in the back-end and would primarily use SQL, LINQ and R though there are connectors for various REST API's available e.g. Salesforce.com

It's developed by an Irish owned company based out in Blanchardstown: http://www.nathean.com/

Advertisement