Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

j1 visa, what to do?

Options
  • 03-05-2014 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

so iv been offered a constuction job in chicago last week, i have tickets available. im currently done first year of college. the job starts the end of this month (may) i have no j1 organised or anything, what should i do to get myself sorted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

You have to apply through one of the Irish companies, there may be more but the most common ones are:
    They will sort everything out with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mr. McGreg

If you go with any of the companies they really stress you're not allowed work in construction. You can chance it sure but if you're caught you're out of the country pronto and it might be a while before you get into the States again! I know people who have chanced it and gotten away with it and others who didn't get away with it and were booted back to Ireland straight away

Advertisement