Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about fees!

Options
  • 03-05-2014 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Not sure where to go with these queries so I said I'd ask here and see if anyone can help point me in the right direction!

I started a course in UL in September and was getting on really well until December when I was diagnosed with an illness and hospitalised which meant I had to miss my exams. When I returned at the end of January I was still struggling to come to terms with this diagnosis and really couldn't settle back in to college. I couldn't enjoy life there and became really depressed and unhappy being away from home and dealing with the medical side of things without the help of my family.

Stupidly I never sought help from the college and simply stopped going in or handing up assignments. I decided it wasn't for me and returned home but never officially dropped out. Where do I stand in terms of fees if I was to return next year to the local IT in my town? I didn't receive a maintenance grant last year anyway but they did pay my student contribution which I know I would have to pay. What about tuition fees? Would I pay the non EU rates?

Advertisement