Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Dún Laoghaire with a disability

Options
  • 03-05-2014 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

my sister and i have a genetic degenerative disorder.
    we wish to return to the area where we were born, dun laoghaire.
    funds are not large and we would like some sort of accommodation separation to have our own space.
    as we are nearing the end of our lives, i felt maybe we could do this if agreements can be made with a type of charitable trust on the strength of the property we do own presently.
    does anyone know how this may be done or can any one give me ideas of how we can make such a massive move.
    we are too isolated now with the type of conditions we have and need to be near most things including the hospitals.
    thanking you in anticipation.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

funds are not large and we would like some sort of accommodation separation to have our own space.
    as we are nearing the end of our lives, i felt maybe we could do this if agreements can be made with a type of charitable trust on the strength of the property we do own presently.
    does anyone know how this may be done or can any one give me ideas of how we can make such a massive move.
    we are too isolated now with the type of conditions we have and need to be near most things including the hospitals.

Could the fair deal be an option for you? I know that they are mostly concerned with nursing homes, but they might also be available for the assisted living system.

Alternatively, could you sell the current property? I know it's not a pleasant thing to think about but it is an option

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Isn't there a scheme where, if you're older or no longer want your property, the Council will purchase it and give you a home in a community where other residents like yourselves live?

I don't know the name of the scheme but I've definitely heard of it.
    It means you'll be living in a suitable home with like-minded people in your community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

Contact dlrcoco.ie housing, they will know the latest info regarding housing. There are private schemes whereby you exchange your PPR for nursing home accomodation but I don't know if that's what you are looking for.

Advertisement