Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri Athy 2014

Options
  • 03-05-2014 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I was just wondering how the waves are decided for the race in athy
    Are they just chosen random or how does it work.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Zebrano wrote: »
    Hi all
    I was just wondering how the waves are decided for the race in athy
    Are they just chosen random or how does it work.
    Thanks

Based on AG and gender the year I did it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Tom__JNR

Based on AG and gender the year I did it.

It makes no sense - waves should be based on your level...at least for the guys who are going to take top 10-20spots. let them race each other. Also, anyone who is not in the first wave is going to be in worse position straight away due to traffic from previous waves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

Tom__JNR wrote: »
    It makes no sense - waves should be based on your level...at least for the guys who are going to take top 10-20spots. let them race each other. Also, anyone who is not in the first wave is going to be in worse position straight away due to traffic from previous waves.

Very hard to work out whos at what level to be honest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Tom__JNR

Daz1214 wrote: »
    Very hard to work out whos at what level to be honest
    Not that hard, you know if you are going to race to win it. At least I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Red Adair

Whatever about the allottment of the waves I see they are advertising for next years race already and indeed taking entries.
    And all this when this years prizes havent been paid out yet!
    , come on lads, get the finger out or am i the only one with this problem.

couple of years ago the june rewards arrived the following march !

whats the story for one of the most commercially successful race on the calender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Red Adair wrote: »
    Whatever about the allottment of the waves I see they are advertising for next years race already and indeed taking entries.
    And all this when this years prizes havent been paid out yet!
    , come on lads, get the finger out or am i the only one with this problem.

couple of years ago the june rewards arrived the following march !

whats the story for one of the most commercially successful race on the calender.

As one of the organisers of the race I must take exception to these comments........

Oh no wait I'm not one of the organisers, and none of the organisers read this board. Perhaps asking them would be a better idea than here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Red Adair

Well Dave,

as not one of the organisers................maybe you should refrain from commenting......and mind your own business !

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

^^^^^ LOL

I got an email from them apologizing. Quote "I would like to apologise to you most sincerely for the delay in sending your TriAthy Prize. We are now putting things right, and are pleased to tell you that you can expect receipt between 5th and 12th of September"

It went on:

"Making Amends:

We are working towards improving this aspect of our post race work. In the meantime we would like to make amends for our delay by offering you a 35% goodwill discount towards your TriAthy 2015 entry. This is a substantial saving and can be used up to 28 February 2015. We will send you a unique discount code for this shortly when your cash prize is delivered via PayPal"

Don't know what the delay is (nothing in Paypal yet!?).

It is a bit strange that they don't get it sorted out quicker. It wouldn't cost anything to pay promptly. All it gets them is bad press. Also, They don't help themselves by never responding to emails.

It seems like a bit of arrogance in that they're sure to get NS, so sure to get a good entry - then again, maybe its "technical difficulties" - who knows?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Podge83 wrote: »

It is a bit strange that they don't get it sorted out quicker. It wouldn't cost anything to pay promptly. All it gets them is bad press. Also, They don't help themselves by never responding to emails.

It seems like a bit of arrogance in that they're sure to get NS, so sure to get a good entry - then again, maybe its "technical difficulties" - who knows?

vote with your feet. i enjoyed athy the one time i did it as it was my first tri, but the course isn't that great, the long wait for the sprint is a pain in the a$$, and if that is their attitude towards prize giving then why bother

plenty of other races around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

mossym wrote: »
    vote with your feet. i enjoyed athy the one time i did it as it was my first tri, but the course isn't that great, the long wait for the sprint is a pain in the a$$, and if that is their attitude towards prize giving then why bother

plenty of other races around

I like Triathy as its not far from me and its a decent enough race. However, it always seems strange that they can open registration before the TI calendar is agreed (I know why it happens, just sayin...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Podge83 wrote: »
    ^^^^^ LOL

I got an email from them apologizing. Quote "I would like to apologise to you most sincerely for the delay in sending your TriAthy Prize. We are now putting things right, and are pleased to tell you that you can expect receipt between 5th and 12th of September"

It went on:

"Making Amends:

We are working towards improving this aspect of our post race work. In the meantime we would like to make amends for our delay by offering you a 35% goodwill discount towards your TriAthy 2015 entry. This is a substantial saving and can be used up to 28 February 2015. We will send you a unique discount code for this shortly when your cash prize is delivered via PayPal"

Don't know what the delay is (nothing in Paypal yet!?).

Still no prize.

Advertisement