Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

regaining lawn control...

• 03-05-2014 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

as the heading says...how do i regain control?have about half acre of lawn which is far from green looking and full of mainly creeping buttercup with the odd dandelion thrown in for some effect!!!it s bout 7 years old and did get a spray of croplink once, back in the day !!!......(of which i still have 3/4 bottle in garage!!it does get mowed but thats about it!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭secman

as the heading says...how do i regain control?have about half acre of lawn which is far from green looking and full of mainly creeping buttercup with the odd dandelion thrown in for some effect!!!it s bout 7 years old and did get a spray of croplink once, back in the day !!!......(of which i still have 3/4 bottle in garage!!it does get mowed but thats about it!!
    I have a similar size lawn area, I use a weed and feed twice a year to keep it in check. After such a wet winter I have fed it with just nitrogen 2 weeks ago, not much, only enough to green it up. Will give it a weed and feed in a few weeks time when I see weeds getting active again

• Registered Users Posts: 6 vonniethegreat

tnx.....will that be strong enough to kill the creeping buttercup?or do i have to get out the croplink again dya think??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭secman

tnx.....will that be strong enough to kill the creeping buttercup?or do i have to get out the croplink again dya think??

2 years ago got a bad infection of creeping buttercup, the weed and feed got rid of majority of it. Make sure you get at least 3 dry days for the weed killer to work.

Advertisement