Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MP3 Player Advice

• 03-05-2014 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Hi I've been using an old iPod nano for years but I think its time to upgrade it as i recently I bought a Bose Soundlink Mini (bluetooth speaker) and would love a device I could use with it wirelessly. I have an iPhone but don't want to use it as my primary music device as I need something that I can bring into the gym and go running with. And the don't want the phone to get robbed or broken. I think instead of using iTunes I might transition over to ether Spotify or Google play music, therefore would need a device that could support that.
    The only thing that comes to mind is an iPod touch but I can't justify paying that much money.
    Any suggestions my budget is about 70e.

EDIT: I was thinking about getting a cheap android phone and using it as an mp3 player would that be possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The only issue with a phone is the battery life on them isn't that great, or the controls or headphone quality. But its a great all purpose device. You could also consider an older iPod Touch. Some of the Sony MP3 players have Bluetooth built in, and sometimes they come up 2nd hand on adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Im really surprised there isn't an mp3 player out there that supports spotfify bar the iPod touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

There used to be Samsung Galaxy S but I guess they didn't sell enough for there to be any point keeping it going.

Sony have one but its as expensive, it not more expensive than the Touch, kinda aimed at audiophiles.

So I guess the answer is theres no cheaper devices. Other than phones.

Advertisement