Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threads missing from "My Threads"

Options
  • 03-05-2014 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭

Could someone kindly point me in the direction of where I should ask about threads not appearing in the "My Threads" tab?

I've noticed a second one this evening - first was yesterday when the Snooker WC thread didn't appear, despite me posting in it. Then this evening an M&S thread appeared on the main page, I've posted a lot on that but it doesn't appear in the My Threads tab/list either.

There may be others that I haven't copped yet.

Anyone else noticed this happening?

Not exactly urgent, but I'd like to flag it up if I can.

Anyone?

Comments

Have you looked behind the couch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

moved to Helpdesk, hope you are able to find a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Cheers to whoever moved this for me :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Have you made any changes to your profile recently? Do you get any error messages when you try to 'Follow' a thread?

Have a look at the results that a search of the FAQ on this issue returned and see if anything there is helpful and please get back to us with an update...

Shield wrote: »
    Have you made any changes to your profile recently? Do you get any error messages when you try to 'Follow' a thread?

Have a look at the results that a search of the FAQ on this issue returned and see if anything there is helpful and please get back to us with an update...

No and no to the first two questions.

I had a read through the FAQs, none of them really seem to apply to my situation.

I have never done anything to actively "manage" my threads or forums followed. I just use the three tabs at the top of the home/main page. (ETA - just noticed that there are actually five tabs here :eek:)

I posted last night on the Snooker WC thread and it's back in the My Threads list.

But this one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90055732, on which I posted a good few times, but not so recently (last post 28/4) is still gone from the My Threads list.

Like I say, not wildly urgent or crucial by any stretch, but I'm just a bit intrigued by how/why it's happening......

• Advertisement

And another one noticed this evening (the Funny Flats/Apts to Rent, in case the title is of any use).

Should be in the My Threads list, but I noticed it in the main page this evening and there's days' worth of posts on in since I last viewed it.

Should I keep reporting when I notice these things, or is it just a glitch I should get used to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

I've logged in as you and had a quick look on the development environment, nothing suspicious comes to mind. Your settings are correct, you will automatically subscribe to a thread after posting in it... which means it should show up in your "My threads". I'm not sure what could be causing this. Thanks for flagging it up though, we'll keep an eye out and see if it is a potential issue that is affecting more users.

Sorry for the obvious question, but there are three pages of "My threads" available to you, did you paginate to the second or third pages to check if the threads you thought were missing are actually there?

I've logged in as you and had a quick look on the development environment, nothing suspicious comes to mind. Your settings are correct, you will automatically subscribe to a thread after posting in it... which means it should show up in your "My threads". I'm not sure what could be causing this. Thanks for flagging it up though, we'll keep an eye out and see if it is a potential issue that is affecting more users.

Sorry for the obvious question, but there are three pages of "My threads" available to you, did you paginate to the second or third pages to check if the threads you thought were missing are actually there?

How odd to think someone can log in as me!

Anyway, yes, I do know that there are three pages of "My Threads", and I did check - but any of the threads I notice are missing is due to them appearing on the main page, which means they've just had something posted in them - which means they should be at the top of the "My Threads" list.

Thanks for looking into it - it'd be nice to have it back working properly again.

If I notice further threads missing should I report them here, or have you enough to go on with what I've given you already?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement